marriedguy

Got RFE I am worried :(

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Today I received RFE for my wife.

Copies of 2015 and 2016 income tax returns with no evidence of filing with the IRS ?

Does that mean I have to provide transcripts from IRS ?

Evidence you and wife have combined finanical resource.

My wife has no bank account as she does not work.

I gave her a credit card in her name. But no bank account.

I have power of attorney that I gave to her in Ukraine. Is translation to English ok ?

Affidavit from third parties who have knowledge of Bonafide of martial relationship. Is this necessary ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Transcripts from the IRS are easy to get. You can make an account at irs.gov if you dont qualify to make one they will mail the transcripts to you. 

Do you both share a joint credit card? If so I would print out statements showing both are using it. How did you file your 2017 taxes? (Or did you marry in 2018?)

And if they asked for affidavits then yes, they feel it is necessary or they would not ask. Why would you think they do not really want information they have asked you for?

2 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

Transcripts from the IRS are easy to get. You can make an account at irs.gov if you dont qualify to make one they will mail the transcripts to you. 

Do you both share a joint credit card? If so I would print out statements showing both are using it. How did you file your 2017 taxes? (Or did you marry in 2018?)

And if they asked for affidavits then yes, they feel it is necessary or they would not ask. Why would you think they do not really want information they have asked you for?

I added her name to the credit card, but she does not get any statements.  There is a option to add a person name to credit card.

I sent 2015,2016 transcripts and our name was on it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
43 minutes ago, marriedguy said:

I added her name to the credit card, but she does not get any statements.  There is a option to add a person name to credit card.

I sent 2015,2016 transcripts and our name was on it.

You can print out statements and highlight/indicate her transactions.  

So did you get an ITIN and do married filing jointly for tax purposes? You were married in 2015 or before? In the first post you said tax returns now you say transcripts? 

And yes third party affidavits from any country are allowed. 

I think you're over thinking this. Just give them what they are asking for. 

This is what it said, Copies of 2015 and 2016 income tax returns with no evidence of filing with the IRS. what does that mean ?

What is the evidence ? IRS trasnsripts ? I sent them IRS Transcripts printed direct from their site. What is income tax returns ? are they both not the same ?

I saw on the IRS transcript now PTIN but the numbers are masked part of it.

Edited by marriedguy

39 minutes ago, marriedguy said:

This is what it said, Copies of 2015 and 2016 income tax returns with no evidence of filing with the IRS. what does that mean ?

What is the evidence ? IRS trasnsripts ? I sent them IRS Transcripts printed direct from their site. What is income tax returns ? are they both not the same ?

I saw on the IRS transcript now PTIN but the numbers are masked part of it.

IRS transcripts are what you can get from their site or get via mail from the IRS.

Income Tax Returns are the 1040 forms that you get when you file your taxes. You should attach corresponding W2's or schedules to complete the 1040 forms.

If you sent them the transcripts, I would go ahead and send them the 1040 and W2's along with a new transcript just incase.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, marriedguy said:

My wife does not work, so we do not have one.

W2 from my wife ? does w2 have spouse details ?

She doesn't have to work to be able to add her to your bank account. Joint accounts are preferred sows you share money and have access both to the money.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 hours ago, marriedguy said:

Today I received RFE for my wife.

Copies of 2015 and 2016 income tax returns with no evidence of filing with the IRS ?

Does that mean I have to provide transcripts from IRS ?

Evidence you and wife have combined finanical resource.

My wife has no bank account as she does not work.

I gave her a credit card in her name. But no bank account.

I have power of attorney that I gave to her in Ukraine. Is translation to English ok ?

Affidavit from third parties who have knowledge of Bonafide of martial relationship. Is this necessary ?

You posted in Removal of Conditions forum, so I'm assuming you are at I-751 stage, right?...

1. Get Tax Transcripts from IRS , for Tax Years 2015-2016, AND 2017 - USCIS wants to see the most recent Return as well.

2. Evidence of combined financial resources.... - What did you  sent with original I-751 submission?

Having a Joint bank account is really strong evidence during ROC, but since you don't have it...

Insurances  - health, car, life?

Car titles maybe, with both names on it?

If you have a 401 (K) or any  - is she a beneficiary there?

House? - Title. If not, maybe both of your names on House Insurance?

If there is no house, rental agreement, with both names on it??

POA, wills..?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
59 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

She doesn't have to work to be able to add her to your bank account. Joint accounts are preferred sows you share money and have access both to the money.

OP, I can't believe you don't have a joint checking account.  What is your spouse supposed to do financially in the event something happened to you?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ash.1101 said:

IRS transcripts are what you can get from their site or get via mail from the IRS.

Income Tax Returns are the 1040 forms that you get when you file your taxes. You should attach corresponding W2's or schedules to complete the 1040 forms.

If you sent them the transcripts, I would go ahead and send them the 1040 and W2's along with a new transcript just incase.

How to get IRS Transcripts? Arent 1040 same as IRS Transcripts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.