refugee

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen jailed for three years

120 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46546238

He is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

He has pleaded guilty to multiple crimes including campaign finance violations, tax evasion and lying to Congress.

In court Cohen lashed out his ex-boss.

Cohen, 52, told Judge William Pauley in the Manhattan courthouse that Mr Trump caused him to "follow a path of darkness rather than light".

He told the court his "weakness was a blind loyalty to Donald Trump" and that he "felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds".

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline

He needs to present himself on March 6 to Otisville  NY Federal Prison.  It has 3.8 Yelp stars for ratings.  

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline

Interesting Trump always has something to rial up his base when a major story breaks.

8 minutes ago, refugee said:

He is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

He has pleaded guilty to multiple crimes including campaign finance violations, tax evasion and lying to Congress.

Cohen, 52, told Judge William Pauley in the Manhattan courthouse that Mr Trump caused him to "follow a path of darkness rather than light".

He told the court his "weakness was a blind loyalty to Donald Trump" and that he "felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds".

And not one single charge had anything to do with Russian collusion.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

And not one single charge had anything to do with Russian collusion.  

How does one get charged with collusion?

16 minutes ago, refugee said:

How does one get charged with collusion?

Ask Mueller,  that is what he has spent many millions supposedly investigating 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, refugee said:

Btw, wasn't this a plea deal so they wouldn't go after Cohen taxi medallion side business, and the other items he had on the side?  I seem to remember John Edwards lining up political donors to pay off his pregnant mistress and there was no conviction.  In fact about the only folks convicted of campaign fiancé violations are those not on the inside of the Washington elite and those that chose that instead of letting them go after a crime that would have them in jail for a lot more years.

Additionally, I am not a lawyer, but when you make a sentencing deal with someone to get the goods on someone else, don't they usually wait to sentence the deal maker until after they actually testify to take down the bigger fish?  Heck, now that Cohen is convicted of lying under oath, he has no credibility at all anymore.

I know, 80% chance Trump will go to jail.  I think President Trump will uncover the DOJ cesspool before that happens.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

Hey, if Trumps inner circle starts paying their taxes, we will be money ahead.  I am kind of doubtful the people will get their money back though because they blew it on ostrich jackets and the such.  That stuff never fetches a fraction on Ebay what Manafort paid retail.

Day 2 of the Paul Manafort trial saw his wardrobe being entered into evidence.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Btw, wasn't this a plea deal so they wouldn't go after Cohen taxi medallion side business, and the other items he had on the side?  I seem to remember John Edwards lining up political donors to pay off his pregnant mistress and there was no conviction.  In fact about the only folks convicted of campaign fiancé violations are those not on the inside of the Washington elite and those that chose that instead of letting them go after a crime that would have them in jail for a lot more years.

Additionally, I am not a lawyer, but when you make a sentencing deal with someone to get the goods on someone else, don't they usually wait to sentence the deal maker until after they actually testify to take down the bigger fish?  Heck, now that Cohen is convicted of lying under oath, he has no credibility at all anymore.

I know, 80% chance Trump will go to jail.  I think President Trump will uncover the DOJ cesspool before that happens.

I think we have a .000001% chance of finding out what we don't know until Mueller is ready to tell us.  He runs a tight ship.

In short we don't know what the SDNY and Mueller declined to press charges on in lieu of his testimony.  We know he is a liar, but if their is collaborating evidence for the new story, his testimony helps. 

Flynn did the right thing.  Went to the Feds, came clean, totally and the first time.

Cohen a little too little and little too late. 

Manafort, gawd what a train wreck. Did himself no favors.

But at this point , I am speculating.  Who is up next?

Timeline
1 hour ago, The Nature Boy said:

I think he might be looking for conspiracy.  Close it starts with Co.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, refugee said:

I think we have a .000001% chance of finding out what we don't know until Mueller is ready to tell us.  He runs a tight ship.

In short we don't know what the SDNY and Mueller declined to press charges on in lieu of his testimony.  We know he is a liar, but if their is collaborating evidence for the new story, his testimony helps. 

Flynn did the right thing.  Went to the Feds, came clean, totally and the first time.

Cohen a little too little and little too late. 

Manafort, gawd what a train wreck. Did himself no favors.

But at this point , I am speculating.  Who is up next?

You are kidding right?  I think there have been leaks out of that office since day one, but I suppose that is what happens when it is staffed with a bunch of partisan lawyers.  As to Flynn, I read a story (cannot remember where) that he took the plea deal as it was the lesser of two options when weighed against the cost of legal representation in DC.  He is the poster child now that says you should never ever talk to the DOJ/FBI for fear that they will simply claim you are lying and then prosecute you for that.  For the most part, Flynn was doing what anyone in the transition team in his position has done in the past, but whatever.  Manafort was charged with crimes that happened way before 2016.  So still not sure we are getting anything for our money with the Mueller open ended investigation.  I suppose when you send a cop out to roam around and try to find a crime, they will find it eventually.  My big concern is that the precedent this sends for future presidential elections, when we next elect a president, will it include the automatic appointment of a special prosecutor to dig into that winner? 

Conspiracy to do what?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

so does constipation .... seems a few dems might be suffering from that 

Filed: Timeline

Hey, if Trumps inner circle starts paying their taxes, we will be money ahead.  I am kind of doubtful the people will get their money back though because they blew it on ostrich jackets and the such.  That stuff never fetches a fraction on Ebay what Manafort paid retail.

Can you please elaborate on who doesn't pay taxes?

Edited by Satisfied

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

You are kidding right?  I think there have been leaks out of that office since day one, but I suppose that is what happens when it is staffed with a bunch of partisan lawyers.

No , if there has been a leak out of that team it has been by plan. Ken Starr stated that opinion just yesterday. 

As to Flynn, I read a story (cannot remember where) that he took the plea deal as it was the lesser of two options when weighed against the cost of legal representation in DC.  He is the poster child now that says you should never ever talk to the DOJ/FBI for fear that they will simply claim you are lying and then prosecute you for that.  For the most part, Flynn was doing what anyone in the transition team in his position has done in the past, but whatever. 

You cannot remember where ?  I read different and in so many places including Fox news I cannot remember where. This is the whole "perjury trap" canard that is spread around.  Why would he lie about contacts with Kislyak to the FBI? Why would he lie to the Vice President?   The Russians knew he had lied which made him an intelligence liability even vulnerable to blackmail.  Obama specifically warned Trump about Flynn , but he insisted on keeping him on. Why?

Manafort was charged with crimes that happened way before 2016.  So still not sure we are getting anything for our money with the Mueller open ended investigation.  I suppose when you send a cop out to roam around and try to find a crime, they will find it eventually.  My big concern is that the precedent this sends for future presidential elections, when we next elect a president, will it include the automatic appointment of a special prosecutor to dig into that winner

Conspiracy to do what?

Manafort has plead guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States among other crimes. 

The charges last week include

Manafort having direct contact with Konstantin Kilimnik, an alleged Russian Spy, during the period when he ran the Trump campaign

Lying about the contact repeatedly. 

Laundering money

Contact with a "high level" Whitehouse officials after his plea agreement

The crimes above were allegedly committed concurrent to the campaign, transition and Presidency of Donald Trump 

Cohen acted on Trump's direction to commit these crimes. He got three years, expect Mango to get worse when he is no longer President.

Ladies and Gentlemen the President of the United States is a criminal.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview