Jump to content
refugee

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen jailed for three years

120 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46546238

 

He is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

He has pleaded guilty to multiple crimes including campaign finance violations, tax evasion and lying to Congress.

In court Cohen lashed out his ex-boss.

Cohen, 52, told Judge William Pauley in the Manhattan courthouse that Mr Trump caused him to "follow a path of darkness rather than light".

He told the court his "weakness was a blind loyalty to Donald Trump" and that he "felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds".


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to present himself on March 6 to Otisville  NY Federal Prison.  It has 3.8 Yelp stars for ratings.  

 

 


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting Trump always has something to rial up his base when a major story breaks.


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, refugee said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46546238

 

He is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

He has pleaded guilty to multiple crimes including campaign finance violations, tax evasion and lying to Congress.

In court Cohen lashed out his ex-boss.

Cohen, 52, told Judge William Pauley in the Manhattan courthouse that Mr Trump caused him to "follow a path of darkness rather than light".

He told the court his "weakness was a blind loyalty to Donald Trump" and that he "felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds".

And not one single charge had anything to do with Russian collusion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

And not one single charge had anything to do with Russian collusion.  

How does one get charged with collusion?


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, refugee said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46546238

 

He is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

He has pleaded guilty to multiple crimes including campaign finance violations, tax evasion and lying to Congress.

In court Cohen lashed out his ex-boss.

Cohen, 52, told Judge William Pauley in the Manhattan courthouse that Mr Trump caused him to "follow a path of darkness rather than light".

He told the court his "weakness was a blind loyalty to Donald Trump" and that he "felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds".

Btw, wasn't this a plea deal so they wouldn't go after Cohen taxi medallion side business, and the other items he had on the side?  I seem to remember John Edwards lining up political donors to pay off his pregnant mistress and there was no conviction.  In fact about the only folks convicted of campaign fiancé violations are those not on the inside of the Washington elite and those that chose that instead of letting them go after a crime that would have them in jail for a lot more years.

 

Additionally, I am not a lawyer, but when you make a sentencing deal with someone to get the goods on someone else, don't they usually wait to sentence the deal maker until after they actually testify to take down the bigger fish?  Heck, now that Cohen is convicted of lying under oath, he has no credibility at all anymore.

 

I know, 80% chance Trump will go to jail.  I think President Trump will uncover the DOJ cesspool before that happens.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

Ask Mueller,  that is what he has spent many millions supposedly investigating 

Hey, if Trumps inner circle starts paying their taxes, we will be money ahead.  I am kind of doubtful the people will get their money back though because they blew it on ostrich jackets and the such.  That stuff never fetches a fraction on Ebay what Manafort paid retail.

 

 

Day 2 of the Paul Manafort trial saw his wardrobe being entered into evidence.


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Btw, wasn't this a plea deal so they wouldn't go after Cohen taxi medallion side business, and the other items he had on the side?  I seem to remember John Edwards lining up political donors to pay off his pregnant mistress and there was no conviction.  In fact about the only folks convicted of campaign fiancé violations are those not on the inside of the Washington elite and those that chose that instead of letting them go after a crime that would have them in jail for a lot more years.

 

Additionally, I am not a lawyer, but when you make a sentencing deal with someone to get the goods on someone else, don't they usually wait to sentence the deal maker until after they actually testify to take down the bigger fish?  Heck, now that Cohen is convicted of lying under oath, he has no credibility at all anymore.

 

I know, 80% chance Trump will go to jail.  I think President Trump will uncover the DOJ cesspool before that happens.

I think we have a .000001% chance of finding out what we don't know until Mueller is ready to tell us.  He runs a tight ship.

In short we don't know what the SDNY and Mueller declined to press charges on in lieu of his testimony.  We know he is a liar, but if their is collaborating evidence for the new story, his testimony helps. 

 

Flynn did the right thing.  Went to the Feds, came clean, totally and the first time.

Cohen a little too little and little too late. 

Manafort, gawd what a train wreck. Did himself no favors.

 

But at this point , I am speculating.  Who is up next?


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Nature Boy said:

Ask Mueller,  that is what he has spent many millions supposedly investigating 

I think he might be looking for conspiracy.  Close it starts with Co.


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, refugee said:

I think we have a .000001% chance of finding out what we don't know until Mueller is ready to tell us.  He runs a tight ship.

In short we don't know what the SDNY and Mueller declined to press charges on in lieu of his testimony.  We know he is a liar, but if their is collaborating evidence for the new story, his testimony helps. 

 

Flynn did the right thing.  Went to the Feds, came clean, totally and the first time.

Cohen a little too little and little too late. 

Manafort, gawd what a train wreck. Did himself no favors.

 

But at this point , I am speculating.  Who is up next?

You are kidding right?  I think there have been leaks out of that office since day one, but I suppose that is what happens when it is staffed with a bunch of partisan lawyers.  As to Flynn, I read a story (cannot remember where) that he took the plea deal as it was the lesser of two options when weighed against the cost of legal representation in DC.  He is the poster child now that says you should never ever talk to the DOJ/FBI for fear that they will simply claim you are lying and then prosecute you for that.  For the most part, Flynn was doing what anyone in the transition team in his position has done in the past, but whatever.  Manafort was charged with crimes that happened way before 2016.  So still not sure we are getting anything for our money with the Mueller open ended investigation.  I suppose when you send a cop out to roam around and try to find a crime, they will find it eventually.  My big concern is that the precedent this sends for future presidential elections, when we next elect a president, will it include the automatic appointment of a special prosecutor to dig into that winner? 

1 hour ago, refugee said:

I think he might be looking for conspiracy.  Close it starts with Co.

Conspiracy to do what?


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, refugee said:

I think he might be looking for conspiracy.  Close it starts with Co.

so does constipation .... seems a few dems might be suffering from that 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, refugee said:

Hey, if Trumps inner circle starts paying their taxes, we will be money ahead.  I am kind of doubtful the people will get their money back though because they blew it on ostrich jackets and the such.  That stuff never fetches a fraction on Ebay what Manafort paid retail.

 

 

Can you please elaborate on who doesn't pay taxes?

Edited by Satisfied

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

You are kidding right?  I think there have been leaks out of that office since day one, but I suppose that is what happens when it is staffed with a bunch of partisan lawyers.

No , if there has been a leak out of that team it has been by plan. Ken Starr stated that opinion just yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

 

 

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

  As to Flynn, I read a story (cannot remember where) that he took the plea deal as it was the lesser of two options when weighed against the cost of legal representation in DC.  He is the poster child now that says you should never ever talk to the DOJ/FBI for fear that they will simply claim you are lying and then prosecute you for that.  For the most part, Flynn was doing what anyone in the transition team in his position has done in the past, but whatever. 

You cannot remember where ?  I read different and in so many places including Fox news I cannot remember where. This is the whole "perjury trap" canard that is spread around.  Why would he lie about contacts with Kislyak to the FBI? Why would he lie to the Vice President?   The Russians knew he had lied which made him an intelligence liability even vulnerable to blackmail.  Obama specifically warned Trump about Flynn , but he insisted on keeping him on. Why?

 

 

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

 

 

Manafort was charged with crimes that happened way before 2016.  So still not sure we are getting anything for our money with the Mueller open ended investigation.  I suppose when you send a cop out to roam around and try to find a crime, they will find it eventually.  My big concern is that the precedent this sends for future presidential elections, when we next elect a president, will it include the automatic appointment of a special prosecutor to dig into that winner

Conspiracy to do what?

 Manafort has plead guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States among other crimes. 

 

The charges last week include

 Manafort having direct contact with Konstantin Kilimnik, an alleged Russian Spy, during the period when he ran the Trump campaign

Lying about the contact repeatedly. 

Laundering money

Contact with a "high level" Whitehouse officials after his plea agreement

The crimes above were allegedly committed concurrent to the campaign, transition and Presidency of Donald Trump 

 


 

 

Taking a break from VJ.  I am looking for pro immigration forum, and in too many aspects, this is not it.

Good luck to everyone, see you on up the trail.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cohen acted on Trump's direction to commit these crimes. He got three years, expect Mango to get worse when he is no longer President.

 

Ladies and Gentlemen the President of the United States is a criminal.


K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married


AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!


Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

 

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×