Kathyleedount

Waiting for NAO2 from K1 visa. Received was May 29. 2018

33 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Kathyleedount said:

Hi All 

My NAO1 was received on May 29. 2018 and waiting for NAO2 for my K1 visa.  California Service Center. 

I see most of people here was from June 2018 and already receive NAO2. 

However, I still do not receive my NAO2 yet.  I called CSC but they want me keep waiting.  Is anyone still not receive NAO2 if you are the same time as mine?

Thanks all. 

Unfortunately, you just need to be patient.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tere Branly said:

4/2 ... 8 months and waiting .... Security Check

This appears to be the most common reason for delays outside the norm

YMMV

80% of processing time is dependent on who gets assigned to work your case. There are very good adjudicators, average adjudicators and poor performing adjudicators. The other 20% (and make up the cases with long delays) is due to wonky background checks and name matches. And yes, wonky is a technical term)))

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, boris64 said:

80% of processing time is dependent on who gets assigned to work your case. There are very good adjudicators, average adjudicators and poor performing adjudicators. The other 20% (and make up the cases with long delays) is due to wonky background checks and name matches. And yes, wonky is a technical term)))

well... i guess my case reviewer is quite slow... 

17 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I mean, I'd like to think we had an extremely straightforward case (no prior marriages, no criminal records, a 9 year age difference is nothing when it's early 40s and early 30s, three one-week meetings, met her family, Russia is not a high-fraud country, my surname is very uncommon) and we put together a good packet, but honestly chance had more than a little to do with it I'd guess.

Still, most May filers with timelines here do have NOA2 now, and a decent percentage of the rest have an RFE.

It is very subjective aspect by each of different reviewers.  When he/she feel you're ok, you will pass. It has not much major standers you can tell from many cases. 

5 hours ago, HP+IC said:

That's what I've been thinking of. Whichever red flags may be there, will hardly affect approval of the petition itself as the requirements are very straightforward. Embassy is a different thing and they may have fun as they please. So at USCIS stage it is probably pure luck (prompt assignment to a workaholic and fast background check response). 

i wish i can meet a workaholic lol...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our NOA1 was Jun 6 and I've been watching one after another with NOA's after us get their NOA2 and I've been getting very frustrated.  I called USCIS and didn't accept their standard read-off-a-card responses.  I found out that our background checks were complete and now we're just waiting for an officer to review our package.  That's about all the info I could get, though.  I asked why they didn't take cases in chronological order and they told me I wouldn't understand how cases are distributed amongst the officers and I didn't press the issue because I didn't want some upset clerk to stash my application back at the bottom of the pile.  We're trying to be patient, but you're right, it's like sitting at a restaurant for hours while people who come in after you are getting their food and have already left while you're still staring at each other wondering why the gods have found you so unworthy.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, C B said:

We're trying to be patient, but you're right, it's like sitting at a restaurant for hours while people who come in after you are getting their food and have already left while you're still staring at each other wondering why the gods have found you so unworthy.  

Have you seen the episode of Seinfeld in the Chinese restaurant?  The perfect metaphor for USCIS...

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

1 hour ago, C B said:

Our NOA1 was Jun 6 and I've been watching one after another with NOA's after us get their NOA2 and I've been getting very frustrated.  I called USCIS and didn't accept their standard read-off-a-card responses.  I found out that our background checks were complete and now we're just waiting for an officer to review our package.  That's about all the info I could get, though.  I asked why they didn't take cases in chronological order and they told me I wouldn't understand how cases are distributed amongst the officers and I didn't press the issue because I didn't want some upset clerk to stash my application back at the bottom of the pile.  We're trying to be patient, but you're right, it's like sitting at a restaurant for hours while people who come in after you are getting their food and have already left while you're still staring at each other wondering why the gods have found you so unworthy.  

yes. when i call USCIS, i also get the "stander" reply which is very useless.  However, i can't push them because you never know what internal things they will do behind the case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, C B said:

My NOA1 is June 1st 

new website is June 6th

and haven’t heard back anything yet. I do feel exactly the way you do, but we cannot do anything to push these people to do the job that we already paid for! 

Many quastions come to my mind, do these people have hearts ? Do they realize that our lives, happiness, major life decisions, future with our significant ones all in between their hands and all depend on their decision? 😔

Do they know that we struggle every single minute without our second half? 

Sorry just needed to vent 😣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We waited 456 long days for NOA2. We still don’t know and won’t even know why our car was SO delayed...hang in there for now and try not to worry. We made ourselves crazy overthinking it all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.