2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Yes you should receive it within 1week or so, uscis now partner with SSA to issue SSN immediately after they issue EAD, their reason is to speed up the process of getting SSN. If you read the EAD form carefully you will see the information written on it.

thanks alot dear!🙏🙏🙏

Hi Everyone, 

Hope You all are doing  fine. My special gratitude to @sandranj , @iwillsurvive and all other members of this forum  who helped me to take better decision through my process so far. I read through many posts to see if my situation is similar to anybody. I need some help  in this puzzling situation to take a wise decision. 

I am F1 student. The EAD card ( category C09) under I-485 was sent to my mail in august 2018. My I-360 was received by USCIS in October 2018. USCIS sent me Prima Facie notice in November 2018. Now I am about to graduate in May 2019. I have been offered a job by a company recently. The company  is able to sponsor and apply for Green card or H1b for me if I have OPT-EAD. I am thinking about to apply for OPT-EAD

My questions are:

1. If I apply for OPT- EAD, would that affect my I-360?

2. or, What would be the best solution in this situation? 

3. What kind of status I have right now ? Because I have now F1 status and also my I-360 is pending. 

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Ilo said:

If I may ask, did you write a letter to your local office or they just canceled the interview? did you include the receipt notice when you filed Vawa?

Thanks 

good questions. I did not write a letter to my local office, but I did include all the USCIS receipts for I-130, I 485, and I765 when I initially filed my VAWA. I think that is the reason they cancel my I-485 interview via my Ex-husband, which is good for me. I did not need to do anything to my local office. 

Edited by karenliao546

6 hours ago, Godschild said:

When was your initial interview scheduled for? Did you send a letter that you filed VAWA?

I did not have an interview date. USCIS scheduled my interview but cancel it without giving me a date. I did not mention anything in my initial VAWA case, I just gave them all the I-797c of I130, I-485, and I-765

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

The Violence Against Women Act has expired

is this something that all of us who applied should be worried ?

how about the ones that planning to file for VAWA, does it mean nothing else can be done ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

Hi Everyone, 

Hope You all are doing  fine. My special gratitude to @sandranj , @iwillsurvive and all other members of this forum  who helped me to take better decision through my process so far. I read through many posts to see if my situation is similar to anybody. I need some help  in this puzzling situation to take a wise decision. 

I am F1 student. The EAD card ( category C09) under I-485 was sent to my mail in august 2018. My I-360 was received by USCIS in October 2018. USCIS sent me Prima Facie notice in November 2018. Now I am about to graduate in May 2019. I have been offered a job by a company recently. The company  is able to sponsor and apply for Green card or H1b for me if I have OPT-EAD. I am thinking about to apply for OPT-EAD

My questions are:

1. If I apply for OPT- EAD, would that affect my I-360?

2. or, What would be the best solution in this situation? 

3. What kind of status I have right now ? Because I have now F1 status and also my I-360 is pending. 

Thank you. 

Hi am not an expert on immigration,  but if I were you I would check the processing times of both the cases how long it will take after even getting the HB1 to get the greencard, 

I believe your husband was a USC so you can as well apply for EAD category c09 pending the i485 which is pending i360 adjudication,  if you happen to go this route, am pretty sure you have a very strong case, that after maybe 17 month you can easily be a GC holder, 

Otherwise go for the other option if you feel the VAWA option is a long process. 

In which status you are in am not sure, but in my opinion the minute you submit form i485 their is always an impact.

1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Hi am not an expert on immigration,  but if I were you I would check the processing times of both the cases how long it will take after even getting the HB1 to get the greencard, 

I believe your husband was a USC so you can as well apply for EAD category c09 pending the i485 which is pending i360 adjudication,  if you happen to go this route, am pretty sure you have a very strong case, that after maybe 17 month you can easily be a GC holder, 

Otherwise go for the other option if you feel the VAWA option is a long process. 

In which status you are in am not sure, but in my opinion the minute you submit form i485 their is always an impact.

Hello all, kindly advise i applied for renewal of my EAD category C09. About two weeks now. I am yet to have any update.
Will there be any update or change on the online account I have previously when i first applied for EAD?
Or they will just mail me a notice that the renewal application was received?
My i485 is on hold based on my i360 petition.
Thanks for the advise in anticipation.

1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Thank you for your suggestion. My employer can file direct green card or h1b for me after one year if I want. But, I want to keep my F1 status and OPT-EAD for my living  as my I-360 is still pending. I am just planning to wait til I get the result of I-360 because if I don't use my f1 status and OPT-EAD and my I-360 gets denied, i will get deported. Besides that I-360 is taking so long to be reviewed for  final decision. I just don't want to lose my career because of that.  if I work on OPT-EAD and wait for I-360 decision, Do you think that would affect the I-360 or adjustment of status? ( I read some article where it's written that both have different classification. one is immigration status and another is non-immigrant status. and a person can keep both of the status til the I-485 gets approved. ) I just want to make sure if I understood that right. 

Thanks. 

@TexasVAWA I’ve had OPT EAD, then H1B and understand a little about it. It’s not easy to get it nowadays, specially if you just graduated from school. When I applied, the rule was to send the application  in April, go through the lottery (they have an yearly limit on visas) and if granted, one needed to go back home to to get the visa in an embassy/consulate, and then get back to US in October as H1B. At that time, it was almost impossible to apply for a green card if you had just graduated. You need to prove no American can do your job.That was my experience, but please double check if things are still the same. I would guess they are worse, but please do more research to see what’s best for your case. I would not apply to two EADs based on diferent applications. 

However, as you already have your EAD c9, you can work, renew it, and wait until you get your green card. That might be a better route. 

Hope it’s helpful! Good luck. 

Edited by escape

13 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

Hello everyone,please i need help from anyone with experience i am just coming back from the social security office in my state and they told me immigration issue me one already that its on its way,and he wrote the social security down for me.Please anyone knows if the immigration offers social security numbers?and how long did they receive it after they got their work permit?i have my work permit in hand already.thanks

Just wait they will send you maybe in 4or5 days ,, they told me the same thing b4 igot my social.  Igotsecurity # in 3days after igot my work authorisation

Edited by Naperi

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naperi said:

Just wait they will send you maybe in 4or5 days ,, they told me the same thing b4 igot my social.  Igotsecurity # in 3days after igot my work authorisation

thanks dear !i appreciate your contribution!🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
Just now, Kleenex12 said:

thanks dear !i appreciate your contribution!🙏🙏🙏

did they send it ro your lawyer or to you directly?cus they sent my EAD through my lawyer then she mailed it to me.thanks

26 minutes ago, Bryan12 said:

Hello guys your input will be highly appreciated.

Am tired of waiting for my EAD,can I request the help of my congressman or I have to go through my attorney to request for an expedited EAD and Advance parole .

Thank you 

Hi @Bryan12 I am waiting for my EAD too. For how long have you been waiting?

34 minutes ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi @Bryan12 I am waiting for my EAD too. For how long have you been waiting?

I filed concurrently in early  2018 but my attorney file under category c31 instead of c9.

i just resend the i765 c9 in  December and got the receipt the same month (December).

have been waiting for a long time thinking he file for c9 category.

Have been out of job for a while and it’s been difficult surviving.

my reason for thinking on going through my district congressman for a expedited EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.