2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

How does the Government Shutdown going to affect the VAWA petition that hasn't been approved does anyone knows what will happen with those petitions? Is there a reason to be worried?

The shutdown will not affect the USCIS cases pending. USCIS, CBP ,ICE and DHS are still operating.  

Timeline
17 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

Merry Christmas to you as well Sandranj you have helped so many people and without even asking for anything in return people like you deserve so much, hope you are having an amazing Holliday and we wish you to get well soon. 

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, I got the flu, but I could rest  10 days . Happy New Year.

My old lawyer got my EAD I told him if he is not going to send it to me I’m going to contact nyc bar for this and because he was trying to charge me 1500 for AOS while it’s 1140 and I could have done fee waiver because I have 0 income, but he told me
I can’t. Now he is calling me cursing me he told me f*** you send it to the bars, what Do I do here ?

Edited by notme

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, I got the flu, but I could rest  10 days . Happy New Year.

You are welcome you have become a beacon for us in this journey, and we all hope you get better soon and do you know how the new NTA policy will affect petition that has been already file and the petitions that will be filed?

Happy new years everybody. Well i been trying to hold me saying this because of shame and depression, however, I want to get my emotions out, but lately I been living such a miserable life with my brother (this is nothing related to vawa) However, me not having my ead yet and going to school has been so difficult due to the struggle I live.. . It seems like life has been trying to punish me for some reason with bad and violent people on my life. My own brother who has my own blood has always hate me, but recently he has yelled to me, bullying me, making me feel uncomfotable at his house because i have no other place to go, has yelled to my mom which is ill. Has treated me so badly and making my life so miserable. Telling me I dont worth anything. The reason why i think i got in love with my abusive husband was because i was lacking a male figure in my life. Not having a dad and having a brother that has hate me all his life, but i have always managed to live with this. Until lately.... I been crying and there is no single day in which I dont wish I could work to live in a better place, I already submitted an expidite for my work permit due to necessity which is true because my mom is helping with my school, but this is too much for her. Somedays I wish I could go to my country of birth and start over, but the lack of resources there and me almost been done with school has stopped me...... Im so depress and wish this situation could be over for me... Im living like hell :( 

Timeline
11 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

You are welcome you have become a beacon for us in this journey, and we all hope you get better soon and do you know how the new NTA policy will affect petition that has been already file and the petitions that will be filed?

11 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Happy new years everybody. Well i been trying to hold me saying this because of shame and depression, however, I want to get my emotions out, but lately I been living such a miserable life with my brother (this is nothing related to vawa) However, me not having my ead yet and going to school has been so difficult due to the struggle I live.. . It seems like life has been trying to punish me for some reason with bad and violent people on my life. My own brother who has my own blood has always hate me, but recently he has yelled to me, bullying me, making me feel uncomfotable at his house because i have no other place to go, has yelled to my mom which is ill. Has treated me so badly and making my life so miserable. Telling me I dont worth anything. The reason why i think i got in love with my abusive husband was because i was lacking a male figure in my life. Not having a dad and having a brother that has hate me all his life, but i have always managed to live with this. Until lately.... I been crying and there is no single day in which I dont wish I could work to live in a better place, I already submitted an expidite for my work permit due to necessity which is true because my mom is helping with my school, but this is too much for her. Somedays I wish I could go to my country of birth and start over, but the lack of resources there and me almost been done with school has stopped me...... Im so depress and wish this situation could be over for me... Im living like hell :(

Find a shelter for victims of domestic violence and go to stay there.You can’t change what happened but the only thing you have  control over is your  reaction to what happens in life,take control of your own life my dear.

Timeline
12 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

The NTA will affect cases filed before the new policy as well,but the immigration officer will have discretion to issue or not the NTA.

Timeline
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Repeat this to yourself, aloud, several times in a row, louder and with more conviction each time:

"One day soon, I'll look back on this and be grateful for how much better I'm doing."

Stand in front of a mirror and convince your reflected image.

Well said man.Happy New Year.

Timeline
On 12/31/2018 at 6:09 AM, SUicidaL-3876 said:

Question: I am a bit Confused here.

I asked my senator to inquire on my case. He responded by saying decision has been made and i should be receiving a letter in the mail but there hasn't been any update on the USCIS website or letter in the mail (which i find very odd). It has been 3 weeks since the senator told me this. Has anyone experienced this?. 

I suggest you go to infopass.I had many cases that USCIS said they issued the approval letter and I never received the letter.Uscis website is not reliable either.

Timeline
On 12/29/2018 at 7:02 PM, Jawithlove said:

If u get a receipt notice for ur i360 will u get a prima facie? My fee waiver was denied and I just resubmitted it with more evidence of hardship 9 days ago on the 20th. So I’m just now resubmitting the i360 and the i765

Sometimes they don’t issue Prima facie if the person couldn’t establish eligibility to get the PF.The VAWA receipt has anything to do with prima facie .

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, 

Can someone suggest me what to do. Nov 28th I received a response from my Senator's office that my file is in background check. December 20th I made infopass appointment and I was told they would not tell me any information about my file because it's vawa and Vermont does not share the information with anyone. I don't know what should I do. Can someone suggest me what should I do. Should I send another request through senator's office? Or should I wait. 

9 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

6CFE4D75-8FC8-4335-A83A-6012707D5CEB.jpeg

@Trizzle well done!!!!!!!!! This is how it is going to continue for all of us throughout this year 2019, approvals after approvals after approvals by God's grace, amen!!!

Congratulations!!! Well done. What a beautiful way to welcome the new year. I'm so excited to see this, such blessings!!!🎉🎊🎈

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.