2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 7:41 PM, 81soalk said:

My green card arrived earlier than the estimated delivery.  Super fast, and also received the letter of approval and welcome package.  Happy day, and early christmas gift  😀

How long after you got I360/vawa approved to get your interview date for the I485? What was your Service Center if you don’t mind sharing. Thank you!

3 hours ago, ahmad- said:

Hello everybody, I see online that VAWA is expired due to government shutdown.... is that correct? Does any one have correct information? Thanks

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/lapse-federal-funding-does-not-impact-most-uscis-operations, I don't think vawa expiration has anything to do with I-360.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Ilo said:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/lapse-federal-funding-does-not-impact-most-uscis-operations, I don't think vawa expiration has anything to do with I-360.

@ahmad-where did you see vawa expiration on that link?i opened it and i i didn’t see anything or they didn’t mention vawa please can you guys stop putting fear into people 🙄🙄

Edited by Kleenex12

25 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

@ahmad-where did you see vawa expiration on that link?i opened it and i i didn’t see anything or they didn’t mention vawa please can you guys stop putting fear into people 🙄🙄

I guess @ahmad- is concerned because there are some news online that says vawa expired with shutdown, how ever, those post are related to funding vawa receive, they never talked about and they are not in anyway referring to the  ability to filing vawa (i-360), that was why I posted that link to help clarify that vawa is not listed there, and uscis never said they stopped accepting vawa applications. There is nothing wrong for someone trying to ask questions, that's what this forum is for, to ask questions, support and encourage others 😊😊!

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ilo said:

I guess @ahmad- is concerned because there are some news online that says vawa expired with shutdown, how ever, those post are related to funding vawa receive, they never talked about and they are not in anyway referring to the  ability to filing vawa (i-360), that was why I posted that link to help clarify that vawa is not listed there, and uscis never said they stopped accepting vawa applications. There is nothing wrong for someone trying to ask questions, that's what this forum is for, to ask questions, support and encourage others 😊😊!

yes i understand,but people should understand taht not everyone has the heart to take such news couple with the emotional stress?some times is better to read and understand before asking or posting 

1 minute ago, Kleenex12 said:

yes i understand,but people should understand taht not everyone has the heart to take such news couple with the emotional stress?some times is better to read and understand before asking or posting 

You are right though, but those who have already sent in their packages shouldn't even be worried about expiration or not, let's keep our hopes high!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with @Ilo. Me too I have a question: does government shutdown means that they will hold temporary  the adjudication of VAWA?

Maybe @ahmad- pertaining on this news below: https://www.npr.org/2018/12/24/679838115/violence-against-women-act-expires-because-of-government-shutdown

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/20/2018 at 3:48 PM, MimoMinkov said:

i did contact my attorney and i was told to wait and i called my congressman and he said im still undergoing a background check i got the same answer from him in 2016,2017 and this year does anyone know what to do, im so sorry to burden you guys with all those issues but idk what else to do 

I thought you decided to sue them. Did you change your mind?

1 hour ago, Jawithlove said:

If u get a receipt notice for ur i360 will u get a prima facie? My fee waiver was denied and I just resubmitted it with more evidence of hardship 9 days ago on the 20th. So I’m just now resubmitting the i360 and the i765

@Jawithlove, ur case will established a prima facie only if you meet all the requirement on the vawa checklist. Some people received PF and some other don't. Idk why. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.