Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, madiartzer said:

Case was received December 13th, biometrics was January 2nd, my status is sitting at “fingerprint fee was received”

I’m starting to get very nervous, and I don’t even know what I’m looking/waiting for at this point. Will a combo card come first, or a NOA and an interview date? And are they both just going to show up in the mail one day? I’ve read that myUSCIS doesn’t update sometimes, which is really frustrating.

Hi you are not the only one in this position:) EAD approval takes now around 5-7 months so we are still within normal processing time.

Your interview depends on your local field office. We can not predict what will happens first. My bio was on Jan 4th, still waiting for everything, nothing changed. Do you have an USCIS app? You can put your case numbers and see updates. 

Edited by AnJay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Edgar Sousa272 said:

Interview was  Scheduled!!! We are so happy to announce it.

Today I I got notification through the app ( I didn’t received any text message not email).

case received on December 21, 2018.

biometric done on January 17, 2019.

“Case is ready to be scheduled interview” on April 17, 2019

Interview was scheduled” on April 23, 2019.

Tampa, Fl - Office.

Congrats!!! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Hello! Today I received my actual combo card EAD and AP. 

I am concerned when I read the paper saying, even if I have this card it is not a guarantee for admission when travelling back to the US. We are about to book our ticket to the Philippines but reading the statements makes me nervous if I'm going to be allowed to come back. It even says parole upon your return to the US is not guaranteed. 

Is it safe to really travel outside the US with this kind of precautions?

55 minutes ago, decfiler said:

Hello! Today I received my actual combo card EAD and AP. 

I am concerned when I read the paper saying, even if I have this card it is not a guarantee for admission when travelling back to the US. We are about to book our ticket to the Philippines but reading the statements makes me nervous if I'm going to be allowed to come back. It even says parole upon your return to the US is not guaranteed. 

Is it safe to really travel outside the US with this kind of precautions?

You will never be 100% safe until you receive citizenship but that's what AP and similarity the GC are for: authorized parole into the US. 

It's simply a neccessary disclaimer. 

As long as you have your AP card in hand upon return and it is still valid, you will be questioned like everyone else who tries to enter the US and paroled back in.....unless you have given the CBP officer any reason that you should not be allowed to return.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You will never be 100% safe until you receive citizenship but that's what AP and similarity the GC are for: authorized parole into the US. 

It's simply a neccessary disclaimer. 

As long as you have your AP card in hand upon return and it is still valid, you will be questioned like everyone else who tries to enter the US and paroled back in.....unless you have given the CBP officer any reason that you should not be allowed to return.

I see.. I don't know what to do now lol 

Have you travelled outside with AP? 

4 minutes ago, decfiler said:

I see.. I don't know what to do now lol 

Have you travelled outside with AP? 

Not be threatened by a disclaimer because you dont plan to participate in any criminal activity that would prevent you from using your AP to return to the US?

No I have not because I just got it last week but everybody does. That's what it's purpose is.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Not be threatened by a disclaimer because you dont plan to participate in any criminal activity that would prevent you from using your AP to return to the US?

No I have not because I just got it last week but everybody does. That's what it's purpose is.

Thank you! We will proceed booking our tickets then :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, Edgar Sousa272 said:

Today I I got notification through the app ( I didn’t received any text message not email).

Tampa, Fl - Office.

Ah lucky you! 

I filed just a couple of days before and biometrics was a day before. However case is ready to be scheduled has been up there since February 20. No other update after that. But the difference is you’re in FL and I’m in MN. I had to be in MN for such a process 😭😂

I feel like there is minimal activity of EAD/AP approvals across all October/Nov/December filers over the past 2 weeks or so 🤨

On the VJ immigration timelines, EAD approvals are averaging 2-3 a day max (I know VJ is a very small population of the total applications but still)

When i originally filed my K1 (January 2018), my lawyer advised 4-6 weeks for EAD/AP approval. Laughable; or maybe i should say CRYable! 😫

I'm hoping that we see a wave of activity soon; i'm only day 129 but seeing nothing even happening for people on day 180-200 is like 🤯🤯

On 4/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, Edgar Sousa272 said:

Tampa, Fl - Office.

Omg great news!! I hope I get good news soon for my parents application 🙏

Is there is a possibility to check on what month my LFO working on? I only can see average processing time 9-23 months and “case inquiries for people who filled aos in September 2017. 

1 hour ago, AnJay said:

Is there is a possibility to check on what month my LFO working on? I only can see average processing time 9-23 months and “case inquiries for people who filled aos in September 2017. 

No. They are probably working on several months as they dont go in order.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Amit M said:

Ah lucky you! 

I filed just a couple of days before and biometrics was a day before. However case is ready to be scheduled has been up there since February 20. No other update after that. But the difference is you’re in FL and I’m in MN. I had to be in MN for such a process 😭😂

I feel your pain, my field office is MN too 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here who’s still waiting for EAD/AP? I filed December. My priority is Dec 10 and I still haven’t heard anything. 😕

4 minutes ago, angelou said:

Anyone here who’s still waiting for EAD/AP? I filed December. My priority is Dec 10 and I still haven’t heard anything. 😕

Most of Decembers didn’t get anything. My PD is Dec 5th. Status of my case for all forms are “case is received or fingerpring fee received”. In a week i will rich 5 month of waiting. 

We have exactly the same timeline with you:) my bio was on Jan 4

Edited by AnJay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.