Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Just had my interview.... 

GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! 🗂🇺🇸 

Wishing everyone good luck with this process! The interview was painless & I had a friendly officer which truly helped my natural nerves 😊

Said my greencard will be with me in 10 days!

Omg Congratulations to you both 👏🏽

1 hour ago, QueensNY said:

Omg Congratulations to you both 👏🏽

Thank you :D

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Just had my interview.... 

GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! 🗂🇺🇸 

Wishing everyone good luck with this process! The interview was painless & I had a friendly officer which truly helped my natural nerves 😊

Said my greencard will be with me in 10 days!

Congratulations to you. Now your are free from frustration at least for the next 21 months. 

1 hour ago, Bluewaters said:

Congratulations to you. Now your are free from frustration at least for the next 21 months. 

Thank you!

Spoiler

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

29-June-2018 - Medical

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sent date for AOS was Dec 17, NOA1 of Jan 8. 

When I check case status, it still says "On January 8, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485." Our receipt numbers for the EAD and AP say, "On December 18, 2018, we received your Form..," 

We did the biometric appt in early Feb. And yet no update on any front. Our VJ estimated approval date is behind us. Should we be concerned? 

I am happy for people getting positive notifications but I've been waiting longer than many people and have way less updates...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
28 minutes ago, jtrh said:

When I check case status, it still says "On January 8, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485." Our receipt numbers for the EAD and AP say, "On December 18, 2018, we received your Form..," 

We did the biometric appt in early Feb. And yet no update on any front. Our VJ estimated approval date is behind us. Should we be concerned? 

I am happy for people getting positive notifications but I've been waiting longer than many people and have way less updates...

You don´t need to be worry, cause i had my fingerptints in december a still no update.... VJ timelines are not correct at all I recommend you to check USCIS timelines, not here, because sometimes people get their case expedited and some people are really lucky because they were aprroved before USCIS timelines periods, It also depend on field office where you live and because of this reasons VJ timelines can have a lower average timelines than the reality is. 

2 hours ago, jtrh said:

There is people who filed in September, October & November still waiting! Your not the only one, so please don't rain on others parade for their good news!

Don't forget, every field office has different processing times, every state is different, even if you feel its unfair someone was processed before yours, its not the applicants fault...

Spoiler

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

29-June-2018 - Medical

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

There is people who filed in September, October & November still waiting! Your not the only one, so please don't rain on others parade for their good news!

Don't forget, every field office has different processing times, every state is different, even if you feel its unfair someone was processed before yours, its not the applicants fault...

Nowhere in my post did I blame applicants for this. I did not rain on their parade either, saying I was "happy for people getting positive notifications." 

If I sounded frustrated, it's at the larger system, which makes absolutely zero sense. If applications aren't processed in the order received, it naturally creates concern like mine that something may have gone astray. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, jtrh said:

Nowhere in my post did I blame applicants for this. I did not rain on their parade either, saying I was "happy for people getting positive notifications." 

If I sounded frustrated, it's at the larger system, which makes absolutely zero sense. If applications aren't processed in the order received, it naturally creates concern like mine that something may have gone astray. 

It is a heart-wrenching process. It blows my mind that there are September filers still waiting for the EAD/AP and many of my Nov buddies still waiting. 

There will be many fresh 2019 AOS applicants that will have their interview way before me for the GC at much faster LFO's even though I applied last Nov '18 and that's because Las Vegas (my LFO) is super backlogged. My date is irrelevant in grand scheme at the moment-well until case inquiry time. So it really has got to do with LFO's, their case loads etc. I personally don't expect to hear anything GC related until early 2020.

Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon too either for EAD/AP or GC interview!! And it's always good to think of the tale of the tortoise and the hare in times of frustration (well, I do anyhow) :) 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 hours ago, jtrh said:

I would not use VJ estimated approval dates. My NOA1 is Dec 7 and did biometrics in Jan. My case status has never updated. According to VJ, I'm way past due. A lot of the people you see here with approvals in Jan, Feb, etc have had their EAD/AP expedited or are in areas where their Field Offices are very fast. You can use USCIS processing times as a guide. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Average processing times for EAD/AP are 5-7 months. A lot of people are here waiting with you, so don't feel like you're being left behind. Hope we all hear something soon!

3 hours ago, jtrh said:

I am December 5th, so no, you are not the only one left. Its not even been 5 months yet. Ead takes around 5.5-7 now. 

22 hours ago, jtrh said:

Hi 

it might be certainly due to the fact that your local office takes more time for treating the files, it depends on the USCIS local office, not on the Missouri USCIS center. Apparently in my case the office in Lawrence, MA where I went for the interview are faster than others. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Had my green card interview today. Basically approved but they said they needed my medical documents. I had a copy of them but apparently that doesn’t suffice. The officer explained that it’s gotta be somewhere and she will chase it up. Then said if they can’t find it, I’ll need to do another medical. 

Anyone else experienced this? This is some bs, why should I have to fork out more money for someone else’s problem?? Also why schedule my interview when you don’t have all my files? 

Really hope they find my 2 missing files that has my medical docs, otherwise it’s a RFE and a couple of hundred dollars for another medical.

also to top it off. I got back to work and then got a call saying to return as the officer forgot to do part of my interview. Went back there for just yes and no questions and then left. 

Edited by angusdonald13

36 minutes ago, angusdonald13 said:

Had my green card interview today. Basically approved but they said they needed my medical documents. I had a copy of them but apparently that doesn’t suffice. The officer explained that it’s gotta be somewhere and she will chase it up. Then said if they can’t find it, I’ll need to do another medical. 

Anyone else experienced this? This is some bs, why should I have to fork out more money for someone else’s problem?? Also why schedule my interview when you don’t have all my files? 

Really hope they find my 2 missing files that has my medical docs, otherwise it’s a RFE and a couple of hundred dollars for another medical.

also to top it off. I got back to work and then got a call saying to return as the officer forgot to do part of my interview. Went back there for just yes and no questions and then left. 

By you having to return it sounds like you dealt with a newbie who didnt understand that they needed to collect your A-file with you being a K1 and tried to make themselves superior to you by making it sound like it wasnt them who made the mistake and forgot or didnt bother to look.

(My big truck goes vroom vroom too)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

By you having to return it sounds like you dealt with a newbie who didnt understand that they needed to collect your A-file with you being a K1 and tried to make themselves superior to you by making it sound like it wasnt them who made the mistake and forgot or didnt bother to look.

(My big truck goes vroom vroom too)

Yeah well my thoughts exactly. Turns out she’s been there for years. So I guess she’s just useless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.