Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Just now, Storm Waters said:

Adjusting status from K1 to a permanent residence. My  AOS application package was received by the USCIS, National Benefits Center, Missouri  on December 31st, 2018 but I don't know whether to consider myself as a December or January filer. 

This is how far my application has got to;

12/312018 Submitted application to USCIS 

1/15/2019 Received Receipts for application from USCIS 

1/18/2019 Received Appointment Notice from USCIS 

1/28/2019 Received RFE notice from USCIS 

2/5/2019 Biometric Appointment done

2/12/2019 USCIS received my RFE reply

Now waiting to hear from USCIS. 

You would consider yourself a January filer as we go by NOA1 receipt date. But that's really irrelevant as you can follow whatever groups you want. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You would consider yourself a January filer as we go by NOA1 receipt date. But that's really irrelevant as you can follow whatever groups you want. 

OH okay

Edited by Storm Waters

3 minutes ago, Storm Waters said:

So when can I expect to get approval. 

AOS approval is based on your local field office. 

You can find out what that is by inputting your zip code here:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Tell me what it says and I'll show you how to check your processing times.

Category C9 marriage based AOS EAD's and AP's are currently processing at the NBC at a rate of 4 to 6 months with most being approved lately in 5.5 months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed AOS December 2018. I had biometrics Jan 8,2019! Case completed February 12 and Appointment booked on Feb 14,2019! This will be in Raleigh NC. Just waiting for my letter to come in mail with appointment date. When do you think appointment will be??? End March ??? April???

2 minutes ago, Jeb said:

I filed AOS December 2018. I had biometrics Jan 8,2019! Case completed February 12 and Appointment booked on Feb 14,2019! This will be in Raleigh NC. Just waiting for my letter to come in mail with appointment date. When do you think appointment will be??? End March ??? April???

Sorry I misread.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 12:45 PM, Nat&Amy said:

So today I decided to take a look at the old website to check my status and it finally changed to "Interview was Scheduled"! 

Best Valentine's Day gift I could have possibly received! 🤩

My interview was scheduled as well. Hubby received the email on Valentine’s Day as well. Have you received your letter in mail yet? I haventhaven’t

On 2/14/2019 at 12:45 PM, Nat&Amy said:

So today I decided to take a look at the old website to check my status and it finally changed to "Interview was Scheduled"! 

Best Valentine's Day gift I could have possibly received! 🤩

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Biometrics appts using happen within 30 days of your NOA1 date. Give or take a few days.

I already had my biometrics completed. Waiting for letter to come in mail for my interview as it was scheduled on Feb 14

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Biometrics appts using happen within 30 days of your NOA1 date. Give or take a few days.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

AOS approval is based on your local field office. 

You can find out what that is by inputting your zip code here:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Tell me what it says and I'll show you how to check your processing times.

Category C9 marriage based AOS EAD's and AP's are currently processing at the NBC at a rate of 4 to 6 months with most being approved lately in 5.5 months.

My local office is Boise Field Office, Idaho 

2 minutes ago, Jeb said:

I already had my biometrics completed. Waiting for letter to come in mail for my interview as it was scheduled on Feb 14

Check my edit.

2 minutes ago, Storm Waters said:

My local office is Boise Field Office, Idaho 

Boise reports estimated processing times for marriage based applications at 12 to 23 months.

Input "i485" and "Boise", hit "get processing times" and scroll to the bottom:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Boise reports estimated processing times for marriage based applications at 12 to 23 months.

Input "i485" and "Boise", hit "get processing times" and scroll to the bottom:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/31/2019 at 10:58 AM, SMK 89 said:

Any updates on this at all? Hope you guys were able to get this processed! 

My husband called  just now.....his expedite request for EAD was approved!!!

Just now, Suny & LeLe said:

My husband called  just now.....his expedite request for EAD was approved!!!

Yayyy!! Congrats! So how long did it technically take from the day you first requested it? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, SMK 89 said:

Yayyy!! Congrats! So how long did it technically take from the day you first requested it? 

He called initially January 30th and we faxed the evidence on February 7th and he called today and they told him he got approved.

Quick question here.  We just received a notification from the USCIS that the interview for my wife and her 2 kids has been scheduled.  We have plans today to travel to Washington DC to renew her passport and file for Report of Marriage at the Philippine embassy.  We called USCIS and spoke to a Tier 2 agent and she stated that is has been sent to be scheduled, but no date has been set and that it could be a few months before one is actually scheduled.  Knowing that getting the passport back could take 60 days, is it safe to assume that, in fact, the interview date has not been set?  I take everything coming out of the USCIS with a grain of salt, and want to make sure we are being given proper information.

x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.