Lorry1

I have a permanent resident greencard i want my mom come visit me

12 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Lorry1 said:

Hi guys i am a greencard holder 10years. Im not u.s citizen yet i want my mom come visit me how i can do it? Plss pls help thank u

She applies for a B1-B2 visa through the Visa Unit at the US Embassy in Manila or Consulate in Cebu City.  Bear in mind that unless she can demonstrate with evidence that she is pretty well off financially, owns a valuable home and/or business etc., or has a high paying job, the chances of her being granted a visa are slim and none.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

It’s best that you apply for n400 and invite your mom after you are naturalized... Maybe I’m wrong but a citizen has a better chance of inviting a relative than a green card holder. 

I got confuse with the question. Please disregard. 

Edited by CJlove

8 minutes ago, Lorry1 said:

Hi guys i am a greencard holder 10years. Im not u.s citizen yet i want my mom come visit me how i can do it? Plss pls help thank u

You don't do anything. That is not how visitor visas work. You mother applies on her own.  She must show that she has strong ties to her country. Basically, the immigration officers wants to see why she must return to the Philippines, not why she wants to come to the US.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

4 minutes ago, CJlove said:

It’s best that you apply for n400 and invite your mom after you are naturalized... Maybe I’m wrong but a citizen has a better chance of inviting a relative than a green card holder. 

Not true at all. Visitor visas are not issued based on who is inviting the foreigner.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

3 minutes ago, CJlove said:

Visitors do not need "invitations", per se.  If they need to show a means of support other than their own finances, they aren't going to get a visa anyway.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5 minutes ago, CJlove said:

A citizen can petition their parent to immigrate, but this topic is about a visit, not immigration.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

A citizen can petition their parent to immigrate, but this topic is about a visit, not immigration.

Okay. I thought wrong. I thought the question was to request permanent visa for a relative. 

1 minute ago, CJlove said:

Okay. I thought wrong. I thought the question was to request permanent visa for a relative. 

OK, but there is also no such thing as a "permanent visa" for anybody.  Immigrants are granted Lawful Permanent Resident Status, not permanent visas.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Just now, pushbrk said:

OK, but there is also no such thing as a "permanent visa" for anybody.  Immigrants are granted Lawful Permanent Resident Status, not permanent visas.

Okay, thank you for the correction. :) 

~~Moved to Visitor Visas, from IR1/CR1 - The OP is asking about their mother visiting.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.