Juniper

NVC accepted CPSA protection before priority date became current

192 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

It’s so good to hear such success stories. 

I hope we also hear some good news from NVC. Last conversation I received from NVC was on July 29th that they are reviewing my case and no update yet plus no change in status online.. hopefully will get soon. 

Expect 2 to 4 weeks from July 29th for visa status change. Don't expect email reply on visa status change to F2A. Check CEAC for visa status change. Expect an email for scheduled interview at US Embassy.  Patience is all that is required.  The process will work for you.

Edited by Juniper

3 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

It’s so good to hear such success stories. 

I hope we also hear some good news from NVC. Last conversation I received from NVC was on July 29th that they are reviewing my case and no update yet plus no change in status online.. hopefully will get soon. 

Did you email nvc regarding cspa ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone!I have my F2A interview on 30 August.My father’s tax preparer has e-filed 2018 tax return (1040) but my father still owes like $ 4,192 on the 1040 form.Sir I need my parents 2018 tax transcript.If they pay off the remaining directly at the local IRS office,will my parents be able to attain 2018 tax transcript before my interview date?Sir do they need to make a appointment for this prior to visiting the IRS office?IF so,How many days after making an appointment with the local IRS office,my parents can visit them?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:55 PM, Juniper said:

Expect 2 to 4 weeks from July 29th for visa status change. Don't expect email reply on visa status change to F2A. Check CEAC for visa status change. Expect an email for scheduled interview at US Embassy.  Patience is all that is required.  The process will work for you.

So far no update from NVC. No Email or Change in status online. 

Timeline
On 7/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, Raajsoni said:

You posted yesterday and I got email back from NVc this morning that my case is under review for CSPA eligibility check and they will let me know once decision is made but there is no timeframe for it. 

Atleast first step towards it.. 

This is very important first step.  With the F2A visa bulletin being "current", NVC is probably slower with the heavy workload.  Got to hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, Raajsoni said:

So far no update from NVC. No Email or Change in status online. 

Just wanted to update that status got changed to F22 without receiving any email. Happy for it.

i have another question if you could help.

My mother ( petitioner) has done only some cash jobs in USA without paying any taxes etc. I know we need joint sponsor. 

1. Does my mother need to also submit I- 864 even if she doesn’t work in papers or show any tax?

2. Or Can my sister only file I-864 as joint sponsor and then mom can skip it ?

please advice. 

Thanks for all your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Raajsoni said:

Just wanted to update that status got changed to F22 without receiving any email. Happy for it.

My mother ( petitioner) has done only some cash jobs in USA without paying any taxes etc. I know we need joint sponsor. 

1. Does my mother need to also submit I- 864 even if she doesn’t work in papers or show any tax?

please advice. 

yes,

no

as the petitioner your mom must provide the i864

Timeline
3 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

please advice. 

1. Mother files I-864 as petitioner sponsor.

2. Sister files I-864A as family member sponsor.

Read instructions for I-864 will explain this.

Congratulations, the wait was not so bad.  I'm glad you checked CEAC for F22 change because an email does not seem to be generated in this type of situation.  I assume you can upload additional documents now.  That is very good.

After getting all your documents uploaded, you will have to wait for a "documentarily qualified" email.  After that NVC will schedule the interview and you should get an email for that date and time.

For example, I petitioned for my son with F22 (F2A) visa and filed I-864. My husband filed I-864A as household member sponsor.  All uploaded documents. 

Edited by Juniper

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Unesouad22 said:

Hello guys 

I just have a question 

Is a child under 21 of a permanent resident  can be protected  with CPSA to. Or just us citizens ones ???

I believe my situation with F22 (F2A) immigration visa that started this thread, and all subsequent posters in this thread regarding CSPA, have been in regard to a child of a legal permanent resident.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Juniper,

Im LPR. My daughter’s DOB 03/07/1997. Priority date Feb 6, 2017(which became current May 2019) Approval date 10/01/2018. She was able to submit DS 260, required documents and After paying visa and affidavit of support fees last Dec 2018 her category changed from F2A-F2B. They reconsider her case july 2019 under CSPA. She is now 20 yrs and 9 months using her cspa or adjusted age. Will her age freeze under CSPA? We are going back and forth turning in financial documents to NVC because there’s always mistakes on affidavit of support forms. Will her age freeze when visa became current? We don’t know when they’ll schedule her for an interview. I’m worried she’ll age out again using CSPA age. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Joseliza said:

Hi Juniper,

Im LPR. My daughter’s DOB 03/07/1997. Priority date Feb 6, 2017(which became current May 2019) Approval date 10/01/2018. She was able to submit DS 260, required documents and After paying visa and affidavit of support fees last Dec 2018 her category changed from F2A-F2B. They reconsider her case july 2019 under CSPA. She is now 20 yrs and 9 months using her cspa or adjusted age. Will her age freeze under CSPA? We are going back and forth turning in financial documents to NVC because there’s always mistakes on affidavit of support forms. Will her age freeze when visa became current? We don’t know when they’ll schedule her for an interview. I’m worried she’ll age out again using CSPA age. 

•  

When the DS-260 was submitted, the F2A-F2B visa was "sought with the State Dept."  Then you got the visa status back to F2A in July 2019.

Therefore, the beneficiary "CSPA age as of May 1st, 2019" freezes for one year to go through the NVC "documentarily qualified" time period (what you are doing now) and to allow time for getting the US Embassy interview accomplished.

The biggest problem you had of getting the F2A visa status is already solved.  NVC is working with you to get "documentarily qualified".  Then after that, NVC will schedule the US Embassy interview.  So don't worry about the aging out because NVC is working with you at this time with the one year CSPA freeze time period.

Edited by Juniper

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.