Juniper

NVC accepted CPSA protection before priority date became current

192 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, ihsan said:

Much appreciated your reply and suggestions, once again thank you. only one more question what is the best time to send the CSPA request before filling the DS-260 or after filling the DS-260? 

One day after you file DS-260, make your AskNVC webpage CSPA request. Overnight the system updates and the DS-260 information becomes available throughout the many different departments.  Also, with that overnight DS-260 filed update, that's when what used to be a F22 visa petition at USCIS and sent to NVC becomes a NVC F24 visa case because the system recognizes that the DS-260 applicant is over 21 years of age.

Edited by Juniper

13 hours ago, Juniper said:

One day after you file DS-260, make your AskNVC webpage CSPA request. Overnight the system updates and the DS-260 information becomes available throughout the many different departments.  Also, with that overnight DS-260 filed update, that's when what used to be a F22 visa petition at USCIS and sent to NVC becomes a NVC F24 visa case because the system recognizes that the DS-260 applicant is over 21 years of age.

wow thank you, you saved me alot of time.

Timeline
5 hours ago, ihsan said:

sorry for asking too many questions,, hey i don't know anything about the when my priority date will be current , what is current? and what do u think when will my case be current ,,  

You said your Priority Date is July 24, 2017.

Based on latest June 2019 F22 bulletin your visa will become available on July 1, 2019 (ie. priority date becomes current).

Your I-130 USCIS petition needs to get approved and sent to NVC at this time before you can go forward.  Then about one month after approval you will get your NVC case number and invoice number and file your electronic DS-260 with NVC.  If your I-130 petition gets approved then on July 1st, 2019 you will have a F22 visa available to you after you request CSPA protection one day after you file your DS-260. Your CSPA age will be frozen as of July 1st for one year as you pursue your F22 immigration visa with NVC and US Embassy abroad.

Edited by Juniper

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Juniper,

Thank you for the advise and I followed it just yesterday, and surprisingly I received a reply yesterday and today.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Expedite Request Approved by Post - EMAIL FROM MNL CASE MUST BE DOCUMENTARILY COMPLETE. Case will be expedited as F2A petition even though PIVOT changed the file to F2B. Post is already aware of issue.

The documents you submitted are being reviewed. NVC will let you know if we need additional information or are able to schedule your case for an interview.

I am so happy. I can't wait for my siblings to come. Is it gonna be a problem if the ceac website still shows F24? Thank you again.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jerbbiandsteve31 said:

Hello Juniper,

Thank you for the advise and I followed it just yesterday, and surprisingly I received a reply yesterday and today.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Expedite Request Approved by Post - EMAIL FROM MNL CASE MUST BE DOCUMENTARILY COMPLETE. Case will be expedited as F2A petition even though PIVOT changed the file to F2B. Post is already aware of issue.

The documents you submitted are being reviewed. NVC will let you know if we need additional information or are able to schedule your case for an interview.

I am so happy. I can't wait for my siblings to come. Is it gonna be a problem if the ceac website still shows F24? Thank you again.

Congratulations !!!!

"Is it gonna be a problem if the ceac website still shows F24? "

I do not see it as a problem given your emails you received.  At some point the CEAC system will update to F22.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:47 PM, Juniper said:

You said your Priority Date is July 24, 2017.

Based on latest June 2019 F22 bulletin your visa will become available on July 1, 2019 (ie. priority date becomes current).

Your I-130 USCIS petition needs to get approved and sent to NVC at this time before you can go forward.  Then about one month after approval you will get your NVC case number and invoice number and file your electronic DS-260 with NVC.  If your I-130 petition gets approved then on July 1st, 2019 you will have a F22 visa available to you after you request CSPA protection one day after you file your DS-260. Your CSPA age will be frozen as of July 1st for one year as you pursue your F22 immigration visa with NVC and US Embassy abroad.

Thank you so much., crystal clear i get it all .

13 hours ago, jerbbiandsteve31 said:

Hello Juniper,

Dear Sir/Madam:

Congrats , please keep us post when your sibling goes through the interview.. when was your sibling priority date and approval date and have you filled the DS-260 

Edited by ihsan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, ihsan said:

Congrats , please keep us post when your sibling goes through the interview.. when was your sibling priority date and approval date and have you filled the DS-260 

Hi Ihsan,

Thanks. Priority date is March 2017. Yes, we submitted the DS-260 2 months ago, but unfortunately we got an RFE regarding the household income. My parents filed joint tax, so we included my mom on the affidavit support as well. This is the 3rd week after submitting the documents, so hopefully we get case complete soon. Update, the ceac website updated the visa category and it is now back to F22. Yeay!

On 5/23/2019 at 2:03 AM, jerbbiandsteve31 said:

Hi Ihsan,

Thanks. Priority date is March 2017. Yes, we submitted the DS-260 2 months ago, but unfortunately we got an RFE regarding the household income. My parents filed joint tax, so we included my mom on the affidavit support as well. This is the 3rd week after submitting the documents, so hopefully we get case complete soon. Update, the ceac website updated the visa category and it is now back to F22. Yeay!

Hi, i am glad that she is back on f2a, wish you all the best ,i hope everything goes smooth without anymore problems. Thank you for the reply. 

Hi guys, can someone answer my question with the best and experienced response. The question is that I don’t have no photographs with petitioner( My mother) to bring along to US Embassy when the interview comes up . Does anybody know what other documents will be helpful in place of photographs  to prove my bona fide relationship with my mother who is the petitioner for my case.I am deadly worried for not having photographs available!help would be appreciated!THANKS!

Edited by Rahim shaha

9 minutes ago, Rahim shaha said:

Hi guys, can someone answer my question with the best and experienced response. The question is that I don’t have no photographs with petitioner( My mother) to bring along to US Embassy when the interview comes up . Does anybody know what other documents will be helpful in place of photographs  to prove my bona fide relationship with my mother who is the petitioner for my case.I am deadly worried for not having photographs available!help would be appreciated!THANKS!

Last month you stated being a permanent resident seeking to ROC 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

3 hours ago, Rahim shaha said:

Yes, it was on my mother’s behalf.

Darn, you continue to ask questions about multiple applicants..mother..son. Confusing the heck out of everyone on this forum. 

Quoting a longtime member "Would have been helpful if you’d said that in the beginning. Even better if he created his own account and posts his own questions. It doesn’t cost anything."

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.