Juniper

NVC accepted CPSA protection before priority date became current

192 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cathy0028 said:

Hi Juniper, 

I received an email from NVC saying

"The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MANILA, PHIL approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MANILA, PHIL for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General's website at https://usembassy.gov.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
http://nvc.state.gov/ask"

And the status at NVC everytime I am logging in that it is already "In Transit".

Now, I'm just waiting for the email they will send  regarding the appointment. But regarding with the CSPA protection, it is now back yo F22 Category. All thanks to you!!! You're such a great help! ❤️

Warm Regards,

Cathy

Thank you..

You are very welcome.  We are welcoming our immigrant son to Chicago POE this weekend.  So we are very happy too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Juniper. I wrote to askNVC to review the CSPA for my case. After 3 weeks, they responded that my case is under review for CSPA. I logged into CEAC after 8 days (since NVC said my case is under CSPA review) and my visa category is changed from F24 to F22. The documents are still showing SUBMITTED. Does changing the visa category back to F22 mean NVC completed the CSPA review? Will NVC send an email to inform me the result of CSPA review? If so, how long should I expect a response from them?

I appreciate if you can give me some insights.

Edited by Ashley P

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Hi Juniper. I wrote to askNVC to review the CSPA for my case. After 3 weeks, they responded that my case is under review for CSPA. I logged into CEAC after 8 days (since NVC said my case is under CSPA review) and my visa category is changed from F24 to F22. The documents are still showing SUBMITTED. Does changing the visa category back to F22 mean NVC completed the CSPA review? Will NVC send an email to inform me the result of CSPA review? If so, how long should I expect a response from them?

I appreciate if you can give me some insights.

Congratulations !!!

"Does changing the visa category back to F22 mean NVC completed the CSPA review?"

Yes, CEAC going back to F22 status is a big deal.

Will NVC send an email to inform me the result of CSPA review?"

I never got an email about result of CSPA review, so I would say No.  After our status was put back to F22 and 5 months later when our Priority Date became current based on the F22 Bulletin category, then we were immediately scheduled for Embassy appointment and got an email for that. 

"...., how long should I expect a response from them?"

When your Priority Date becomes current based on the F22 Bulletin category.

4 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Congratulations !!!

"Does changing the visa category back to F22 mean NVC completed the CSPA review?"

Yes, CEAC going back to F22 status is a big deal.

Will NVC send an email to inform me the result of CSPA review?"

I never got an email about result of CSPA review, so I would say No.  After our status was put back to F22 and 5 months later when our Priority Date became current based on the F22 Bulletin category, then we were immediately scheduled for Embassy appointment and got an email for that. 

"...., how long should I expect a response from them?"

When your Priority Date becomes current based on the F22 Bulletin category.

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

My priority date is April 10, 2017 so it’s current as of May 2019 bulletin. I hope to hear good news soon. 

Have a great evening!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

My priority date is April 10, 2017 so it’s current as of May 2019 bulletin. I hope to hear good news soon. 

Have a great evening!

That's wonderful. You will probably be getting a Embassy appointment email in the next two to three weeks. You did it. If you can, fill out your timeline so we can watch it.

Edited by Juniper

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My parents are petitioning my siblings. There priority date is March 7, 2017. My sister just turned 21 last March 25. After we downloaded all the forms her visa category was changed to F24 from F22. I emailed the NVC regarding the CSPA provision. They did not answer to any of my 3 emails. Is there any other way to contact them? I know the priority date is current. 

Thank you. 

34 minutes ago, jerbbiandsteve31 said:

Hi everyone,

My parents are petitioning my siblings. There priority date is March 7, 2017. My sister just turned 21 last March 25. After we downloaded all the forms her visa category was changed to F24 from F22. I emailed the NVC regarding the CSPA provision. They did not answer to any of my 3 emails. Is there any other way to contact them? I know the priority date is current. 

Thank you. 

When did you email them? It took them 3 weeks to response to my email that my case is under CSPA review.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, jerbbiandsteve31 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you. 

Google "CSPA Calculator".

Find a CSPA calculator and enter:

Date of Birth: March 25, 1998

Priority Date: March 7, 2017

Approval Date of I-130 Petition (NOA2): Month Day, 201X

Visa Bulletin Current Date (F22): May 1, 2019

If visa beneficiary has a CSPA age of less than 21 years old, and if you have done your DS-260 documents (like I think you saying), then that CSPA age as of May 1st is frozen for a year as you pursue the F22 visa.

So if you have a F22 visa case, take a computer screen snapshot of the CSPA calculator including you dates, and send it along with words requesting CSPA protection using THIS AskNVC  WEBPAGE:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

On this thread, you will see that several members have achieved success following these specific instructions.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:30 AM, Juniper said:

On 5/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ashley P said:

hello guys ,, well i need some advice and suggestions from you,  my priority date for F2a is   , 24 july 2017 but the case has not been approved yet, and i just turned 21 last march 2019,, so what should i do??

Edited by ihsan

12 hours ago, jerbbiandsteve31 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you. 

Hi when your sibling petition was approved , cause i am in same boat as your sister i also just turned 21 last march 2019, and my priority date for F2a is 24 july 2017,

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ihsan said:

hello guys ,, well i need some advice and suggestions from you,  my priority date for F2a is   , 24 july 2017 but the case has not been approved yet, and i just turned 21 last march 2019,, so what should i do??

After your I-130 case has been approved and you receive a NVC Case Number (about a month later after I-130 approval), fill-in the I-130 Approval Date in the instructions below:

Date of Birth: March XX, 1998

Priority Date: July 24, 2017

Visa Bulletin Current Date (F22): July 1, 2019 (most likely based on latest June 2019 F22 bulletin)

If you have a CSPA age of less than 21 years old, and AFTER you have done your DS-260 documents with NVC about one month after I-130 approval (which you will do within the next year), then that CSPA age as of July 1st is frozen for a year as you pursue the F22 visa.

So if you have a F22 visa case and AFTER you have done your DS-260 documents with NVC, take a computer screen snapshot of the CSPA calculator including you dates, and send it along with words requesting CSPA protection using THIS AskNVC  WEBPAGE:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

On this thread, you will see that several members have achieved success following these specific instructions.

Edited by Juniper

12 hours ago, Juniper said:

After your I-130 case has been approved and you receive a NVC Case Number (about a month later after I-130 approval), fill-in the I-130 Approval Date in the instructions below:

Date of Birth: March XX, 1998

Priority Date: July 24, 2017

Visa Bulletin Current Date (F22): July 1, 2019 (most likely based on latest June 2019 F22 bulletin)

If you have a CSPA age of less than 21 years old, and AFTER you have done your DS-260 documents with NVC about one month after I-130 approval (which you will do within the next year), then that CSPA age as of July 1st is frozen for a year as you pursue the F22 visa.

So if you have a F22 visa case and AFTER you have done your DS-260 documents with NVC, take a computer screen snapshot of the CSPA calculator including you dates, and send it along with words requesting CSPA protection using THIS AskNVC  WEBPAGE:

Thank you so much, do i still need to send the CSPA request even if my case remain in the F2a category even after filling the 

DS-260 ? and how to know if my case remains in the f2a category after filling DS-260 and waiting for the interview letter , is there any way to know it?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ihsan said:

Thank you so much, do i still need to send the CSPA request even if my case remain in the F2a category even after filling the 

DS-260 ? and how to know if my case remains in the f2a category after filling DS-260 and waiting for the interview letter , is there any way to know it?

"do i still need to send the CSPA request even if my case remain in the F2a category even after filling the DS-260 ?"

Because you "just turned 21 last march 2019" NVC is highly likely to change your visa class from F22 (F2a) to F24 (F2b) after filing your DS-260.

"and how to know if my case remains in the f2a category after filling DS-260 and waiting for the interview letter , is there any way to know it?"

You will see your visa class after you get your "NVC Case Number" and your "Invoice ID Number" and enter this information at this link:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Edited by Juniper

12 hours ago, Juniper said:

"do i still need to send the CSPA request even if my case remain in the F2a category even after filling the DS-260 ?"

Because you "just turned 21 last march 2019" NVC is highly likely to change your visa class from F22 (F2a) to F24 (F2b) after filing your DS-260.

"and how to know if my case remains in the f2a category after filling DS-260 and waiting for the interview letter , is there any way to know it?"

You will see your visa class after you get your "NVC Case Number" and your "Invoice ID Number" and enter this information at this link:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Much appreciated your reply and suggestions, once again thank you. only one more question what is the best time to send the CSPA request before filling the DS-260 or after filling the DS-260? 

Edited by ihsan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.