192 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

Updated some information:

Date of Birth- June 01st, 1997

priority date - March 15th, 2017

Uscis Approval Date - October 10th, 2018

Please let let me know what should I do to move my category back to F22.

thanks. 

20190719_192013.jpg

20190719_192059.jpg

Edited by Juniper

Timeline
11 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

Hi everyone,

I m in similar boat. My mom filed 130 for me as minor child with priority date as March,2017. I paid IV fee and submitted document and later my status changed to F24. My mom is still holding Green card. Any idea if I will be eligible under CSPA act? Or Does it only applicable for citizen parents. 

Please let let me know what should I do to move my category back to F22.

thanks. 

Now go to the Ask NVC webpage: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

and request CSPA protection for your case based on the CSPA calculator results (google it).

It appears you did your DS-260 application and that is why your case got automatically set to a F24 (F2B) visa class.

A few business days for Ask NVC to respond, then 2 to 4 weeks to see that your visa class got put back to F22 on CEAC.  Then do a Ask NVC request to make sure you get their attention to set up your US Embassy interview date.

Edited by Juniper

Timeline
3 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

Just wanted to update. so far no answer from NVC

When you get CSPA protection, it will be based on his CSPA age frozen (for a year) when the F2A visa became available (appears to be May 1, 2019) and you submitted your DS-260 Visa Application (appears to be done recently) ... so patience is going to be required especially with the F2A visa class being current (NVC workload extremely high) and be happy that the CSPA age under 21 is frozen and protected while NVC finally gets to examine your case in the months ahead.  

On 7/24/2019 at 2:44 PM, Juniper said:

When you get CSPA protection, it will be based on his CSPA age frozen (for a year) when the F2A visa became available (appears to be May 1, 2019) and you submitted your DS-260 Visa Application (appears to be done recently) ... so patience is going to be required especially with the F2A visa class being current (NVC workload extremely high) and be happy that the CSPA age under 21 is frozen and protected while NVC finally gets to examine your case in the months ahead.  

Hi Juniper,

Should we expect to atleast get receipt email or something after submitting enquiry with ASK NVC form?

i haven’t received any communication back from them so was wondering if they sent anything like they received our enquiry and will get back to us in few days. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

Hi Juniper,

Should we expect to atleast get receipt email or something after submitting enquiry with ASK NVC form?

i haven’t received any communication back from them so was wondering if they sent anything like they received our enquiry and will get back to us in few days. 

When you use the Ask NVC webpage, you should receive back an email response that something happened as a result of your inquiry.  When I did it October 2018, I got an email response about forwarding to the appropriate NVC department for consideration after about 3 to 4 business days.  About 2 weeks later, I saw CEAC visa status change to F22 without any email.

Everything is crazy now with the F2A (F22) visa bulletin being current.  You are uncharted territory for response time with the system being overwhelmed.  Remember that CSPA protected age gets frozen for a year as I discussed earlier for your situation after filing your DS-260 and your visa bulletin is current as of May 2019.

Keep an eye on CEAC for a visa status change back to F22 without getting any email responses.  Maybe another Ask NVC inquiry but only do this after a month of zero responses and note the lack of response for a month in your second inquiry. 

A call to NVC will most likely only give you correct advice to use the Ask NVC inquiry. 

You will just have to wait.  Let us know if anything happens.

12 hours ago, Juniper said:

When you use the Ask NVC webpage, you should receive back an email response that something happened as a result of your inquiry.  When I did it October 2018, I got an email response about forwarding to the appropriate NVC department for consideration after about 3 to 4 business days.  About 2 weeks later, I saw CEAC visa status change to F22 without any email.

Everything is crazy now with the F2A (F22) visa bulletin being current.  You are uncharted territory for response time with the system being overwhelmed.  Remember that CSPA protected age gets frozen for a year as I discussed earlier for your situation after filing your DS-260 and your visa bulletin is current as of May 2019.

Keep an eye on CEAC for a visa status change back to F22 without getting any email responses.  Maybe another Ask NVC inquiry but only do this after a month of zero responses and note the lack of response for a month in your second inquiry. 

A call to NVC will most likely only give you correct advice to use the Ask NVC inquiry. 

You will just have to wait.  Let us know if anything happens.

You posted yesterday and I got email back from NVc this morning that my case is under review for CSPA eligibility check and they will let me know once decision is made but there is no timeframe for it. 

Atleast first step towards it.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Raajsoni said:

You posted yesterday and I got email back from NVc this morning that my case is under review for CSPA eligibility check and they will let me know once decision is made but there is no timeframe for it. 

Atleast first step towards it.. 

Well that is the news you want.  Don't expect another email for your visa status update even they said so.  Just check CEAC for the visa status change in the next 2 to 4 weeks.  But you will get an email regarding scheduling of a US Embassy interview if you got all your fees paid and also got your case "documentarily qualified" with NVC

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 11:50 AM, Juniper said:

Well that is the news you want.  Don't expect another email for your visa status update even they said so.  Just check CEAC for the visa status change in the next 2 to 4 weeks.  But you will get an email regarding scheduling of a US Embassy interview if you got all your fees paid and also got your case "documentarily qualified" with NVC

Hi Junifer,

You come out so much knowedge on all these issues of cspa and I believe you can help me give peace of mine.

Here are the background of my issues:

I petitioned my sone below in his 20 yrs of age in other words the follwoing are the details:

Uscis filed: may 12, 2017

Bday: may 24, 1997

Priority date: may 12, 2017

F2a visa priiority current

Per cspa calculation his current age when visa become available is 20 year and 1 month as of may 1, 2019

After i got the email from the nvc regarding the approve 130 under f2 a i login to crac an dpaid all the fees and even uploaded all the civil and supporting documents to avoid waste of time. I also filed the ds 260.

After few days nvs converted my son from f22 to f24 so i immediately sent them email that they have wrongfully changed the category from f2a to f2b . To make the story short sfyer series of emails, they sent me an email the upon review my son was actually covered with cspa and having said that they also changed the category in ceac back to f22.

Then i followed up with another email requesting them.to expedite the interview since i have paid all dues and the priority date is current.

They sent email.that the us embassy manila.approved and accepts my request for expedite then after few days ceac says documents were transmitted to us emba manila.

Then 2 daya aftwr i received email from.us emabssy manila to schedule the interview and do medicals.

So i set interview for sept 13th and sched my son for.medicalnat st luke this aug 13thr.

Hpwever 2 days ago i received and email from.the us embassy that my son could have age out and he still can go with interview and it is all up to the consul office who will interview to decide if my son is covered under cspa.

So i told my son that he will bring all the email correspondence of nvc and my lawyer stating that he is stillnubder cspa.

1.Do you think the consul officer will honer the email between the nvc and lawyer 

2. Or thw consul itself kbows how to calculate cspa age during interview?

3. Is there anything I need to worry?

I presumed the us consul whonwill.conduct.the interview knows about cspa act right?

Let me lnoq your thoughts .

Thank.you and God bless.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Dad1421 said:

Hi Junifer,

You come out so much knowedge on all these issues of cspa and I believe you can help me give peace of mine.

Here are the background of my issues:

I petitioned my sone below in his 20 yrs of age in other words the follwoing are the details:

Uscis filed: may 12, 2017

Bday: may 24, 1997

Priority date: may 12, 2017

F2a visa priiority current

Per cspa calculation his current age when visa become available is 20 year and 1 month as of may 1, 2019

After i got the email from the nvc regarding the approve 130 under f2 a i login to crac an dpaid all the fees and even uploaded all the civil and supporting documents to avoid waste of time. I also filed the ds 260.

After few days nvs converted my son from f22 to f24 so i immediately sent them email that they have wrongfully changed the category from f2a to f2b . To make the story short sfyer series of emails, they sent me an email the upon review my son was actually covered with cspa and having said that they also changed the category in ceac back to f22.

Then i followed up with another email requesting them.to expedite the interview since i have paid all dues and the priority date is current.

They sent email.that the us embassy manila.approved and accepts my request for expedite then after few days ceac says documents were transmitted to us emba manila.

Then 2 daya aftwr i received email from.us emabssy manila to schedule the interview and do medicals.

So i set interview for sept 13th and sched my son for.medicalnat st luke this aug 13thr.

Hpwever 2 days ago i received and email from.the us embassy that my son could have age out and he still can go with interview and it is all up to the consul office who will interview to decide if my son is covered under cspa.

So i told my son that he will bring all the email correspondence of nvc and my lawyer stating that he is stillnubder cspa.

1.Do you think the consul officer will honer the email between the nvc and lawyer 

2. Or thw consul itself kbows how to calculate cspa age during interview?

3. Is there anything I need to worry?

I presumed the us consul whonwill.conduct.the interview knows about cspa act right?

Let me lnoq your thoughts .

Thank.you and God bless.

So the US consul is the responsible for determining to issue the F2A visa. Part of their job is to verify the CSPA calculation.  They will verify the CSPA age when the actual interview occurs because there is a one year time limit for the freezing of the CSPA age between the priority date "becoming current" (which determines the CSPA age) and the actual US Embassy interview (if you have filed the DS-260 as done in your case).   So any inference that your child could have aged out could be true (as alleged with the probably standard email response you got), but in your case you are not anywhere close to the one year limit on freezing the CSPA age.

So the answer to your concerns is that when your son interviews with the US consul, at that time they will verify the CSPA age according to the all of the rules. Go prepared as you are doing and everything should go well.  Please let us know by writing back.

Edited by Juniper

26 minutes ago, Juniper said:

So the US consul is the responsible for determining to issue the F2A visa. Part of their job is to verify the CSPA calculation.  They will verify the CSPA age when the actual interview occurs because there is a one year time limit for the freezing of the CSPA age between the priority date "becoming current" (which determines the CSPA age) and the actual US Embassy interview (if you have filed the DS-260 as done in your case).   So any inference that your child could have aged out could be true (as alleged with the probably standard email response you got), but in your case you are not anywhere close to the one year limit on freezing the CSPA age.

So the answer to your concerns is that when your son interviews with the US consul, at that time they will verify the CSPA age according to the all of the rules. Go prepared as you are doing and everything should go well.  Please let us know by writing back.

Thank you Junifer for the quick reply.

In other words my son is okay right(

What dk you mean by " your son is not anywhere close to the 1 year limit on freezing cspa age" 

Do you mean by that that my son is well covered with cspa? 

Per cspa age he is around 20 years old and 3 month so we should still ne okay even during septemebr 13th interview, am.i correct?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dad1421 said:

Thank you Junifer for the quick reply.

In other words my son is okay right(

What dk you mean by " your son is not anywhere close to the 1 year limit on freezing cspa age" 

Do you mean by that that my son is well covered with cspa? 

Per cspa age he is around 20 years old and 3 month so we should still ne okay even during septemebr 13th interview, am.i correct?

"Per cspa age he is around 20 years old and 3 month so we should still ne okay even during septemebr 13th interview, am.i correct?"

Yes

"What dk you mean by " your son is not anywhere close to the 1 year limit on freezing cspa age" "

16 hours ago, Dad1421 said:

One year freeze on his 20yr 1mo CSPA age started May 1st, 2019 (as long as you sought F2A visa, by for example, filing the DS-260). His CSPA age would "unfreeze" on April 30, 2020.  Your US consul interview is in September 2019 and not anywhere close to the one year CSPA freeze limit of April 30, 2020.

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

"Per cspa age he is around 20 years old and 3 month so we should still ne okay even during septemebr 13th interview, am.i correct?"

Yes

"What dk you mean by " your son is not anywhere close to the 1 year limit on freezing cspa age" "

One year freeze on his 20yr 1mo CSPA age started May 1st, 2019 (as long as you sought F2A visa, by for example, filing the DS-260). His CSPA age would "unfreeze" on April 30, 2020.  Your US consul interview is in September 2019 and not anywhere close to the one year CSPA freeze limit of April 30, 2020.

You are awesome. 

Yes i filed ds 260 immiediately when at ceac and oaid all fees including documents on may 2019  .

Thank you so much it feels good that we are OKAY.

10 minutes ago, Dad1421 said:

You are awesome. 

Yes i filed ds 260 immiediately when at ceac and oaid all fees including documents on may 2019  .

Thank you so much it feels good that we are OKAY.

It’s so good to hear such success stories. 

I hope we also hear some good news from NVC. Last conversation I received from NVC was on July 29th that they are reviewing my case and no update yet plus no change in status online.. hopefully will get soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.