Juniper

NVC accepted CPSA protection before priority date became current

192 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Jupiter I will let you know how my sister petition goes under CSPA. Hope everything goes well. We are more worried on her petition than my brother who is under 21 and got approved almost same time as her. Both of them under f2A category.

Timeline

@JupiterHi Ms. Jupiter I call NVC today about my sister update on CSPA review. The rep. said she is protected now under CSPA. I ask them on Nov. 8 about the CSPA. And the rep. told me she is going to send it to the supervisor. It was the same day I ask for invoice number and the nvc case no. As I mention earlier on my post when we pay the AOS her name doesn't show up on the applicant  list, later on the same day when we pay AOS her name appear on the applicant and we are able to pay her IV also. So, I wanted to share this to you guys. So she got CSPA approved before we submit the ds-260. 

Filed: Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, Juniper said:

Well that is REALLY important information.  I started this thread thinking it was great that NVC gave my DS-260 submitted applicant CSPA before that F22 visa became "current" because many people were saying NVC would not do anything related to CSPA until the that visa was "current".

Now you have a new FIRST that I know of:  the NVC reviewing CSPA for an applicant with a F22 visa that is "current" but the DS-260 not yet submitted.

Please keep this thread up-to-date with your FIRST-OF-A-KIND progress.

I will once updated. Question about aos. Petitioner is my wife, what type of aos form does she needs to fill-up? and me and my mom will be the co-sponsor, what aos form do we need to fill-up?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
5 minutes ago, 7www7 said:

I will once updated. Question about aos. Petitioner is my wife, what type of aos form does she needs to fill-up? and me and my mom will be the co-sponsor, what aos form do we need to fill-up?

Petitioner files an I-864.  You file an I-864a as a Household Member of the Petitioner.   Your wife's income and your income will be combined. 

If you and your wife do not meet the income requirement for your household, then you can use a Joint Sponsor.   The Joint Sponsor must make enough for her household and the intending immigrants. 

Your mother as the Joint Sponsor would file her own I-864.  Your mother's income can not be combined with anyone.  

10 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Petitioner files an I-864.  You file an I-864a as a Household Member of the Petitioner.   Your wife's income and your income will be combined. 

If you and your wife do not meet the income requirement for your household, then you can use a Joint Sponsor.   The Joint Sponsor must make enough for her household and the intending immigrants. 

Your mother as the Joint Sponsor would file her own I-864.  Your mother's income can not be combined with anyone.  

If my mom lives with us, is it i864 as well?

Timeline
2 hours ago, lalinda.chica said:

@7www7 If your mom live with you guys. She can file form i864 also. 

In our case I am the primary petitioner I filed form I-864, I live with my daughter and her family. My son-in law Filed I-864 as joint sponsor and my daughter filed I-864A as household member. Because they file their taxes as married filed jointly. 

Supporting tax documents that we submitted also are our own W-2s, my own Form 1040 and their Form 1040 for the last 2 years. 

Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 2:10 AM, 7www7 said:

Thanks for the info. Maybe i need to wait for NVC to change the visa class to f22. I already paid for aos but for him to submit his documents(ds260 etc.) I need to pay for it but theres no option to pay for it, maybe because NVC switched him to f2b.

Once they received and approved your CSPA request which typically takes 3-4 weeks(based from my experience)  for review from the date of request, you should be able to pay fees and the applicant can file ds-260 which is needed as “Seek to Acquire” that is very important for CSPA adjusted age to freeze. 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, Juniper said:

Well that is REALLY important information.  I started this thread thinking it was great that NVC gave my DS-260 submitted applicant CSPA before that F22 visa became "current" because many people were saying NVC would not do anything related to CSPA until the that visa was "current".

Now you have a new FIRST that I know of:  the NVC reviewing CSPA for an applicant with a F22 visa that is "current" but the DS-260 not yet submitted.

Please keep this thread up-to-date with your FIRST-OF-A-KIND progress.

Just checked my son's status. It was changed to F22 and was able to pay IV fee.  I was surprised on how fast they changed it to F22. 

Timeline

@Joseliza Thank you for the info. Were doing the affidavit of support right now. It get confusing. So, my mom is the petitioner. She live with us. Me and my husband have two kids. So my mom is going to fill up the form i864 and me and my husband as part of the household member is going to sign the form i864A right? Because we need to show income of almost 50k a year based on the size of the household. Me and my husband combine income is 50k. 

@7www7 Congratulations and good luck with the next step. 

Edited by lalinda.chica

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, lalinda.chica said:

@Joseliza Thank you for the info. Were doing the affidavit of support right now. It get confusing. So, my mom is the petitioner. She live with us. Me and my husband have two kids. So my mom is going to fill up the form i864 and me and my husband as part of the household member is going to sign the form i864A right? Because we need to show income of almost 50k a year based on the size of the household. Me and my husband combine income is 50k. 

@7www7 Congratulations and good luck with the next step. 

Please do not post non-related CSPA questions to this thread.  Start a separate thread please for questions for applicants other than your CSPA protection questions for your child.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, 7www7 said:

Just checked my son's status. It was changed to F22 and was able to pay IV fee.  I was surprised on how fast they changed it to F22. 

That’s exactly what happened to me. After paying fees, scanning and sending documents to CEAC website and my daughter submitted the ds-260 and scanned and sent the required supporting documents on CEAC, I received an email that it was downgraded to F2B from F2A. Send an inquiry to NVC and request for it to switch back to F2A.  Keep an eye on when your son’s priority date gets current. Once it’s current it will be approved under CSPA as long as your son’s age is under 21 yrs old biological or CSPA adjusted age. There is a website for CSPA calculator. Be persistent with calling NVC or sending them an inquiry through  NVC website. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.