JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Just a small rant of frustrations; ignore (or berate due to impatience) if you please:

This week has been a toll on both Matt and I. I just keep thinking "this is gonna be the day" and it keep not being the day. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a freak and know my birthday is the 160th day of the year. Today is day 160 since our recorded RD on Case Tracker and I guess that's just freaking me out even though I know there are people who have been waiting much longer than us. I think its even more frustrating knowing that if Jan the intern hadn't misplaced the BC while receiving the case we'd probably be expecting our green card interview at the end of the month. The waiting game is taking enough of a toll on me that I've lost almost all motivation and focus at work. Its felt like an elephant has just been sitting on my chest for the past three weeks, and it keeps getting heavier every time someone asks whats going on with it. They'll know when I show up with green cupcakes.

Matt's being a real champ about the whole thing. I should be the one making him feel better, but its been the other way around. I was feeling really stressed out about it on Tuesday night that we went to a frozen yogurt bar and I ate my feelings in cheesecake froyo topped with more cheesecake, brownies, m&ms, and reese's pieces. I know he's getting very antsy with not having worked in so long, but he never lets it show. He's also been dealing with what's probably the worst allergies of his life at the same time so I know I picked a winner husband.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

Just a small rant of frustrations; ignore (or berate due to impatience) if you please:

This week has been a toll on both Matt and I. I just keep thinking "this is gonna be the day" and it keep not being the day. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a freak and know my birthday is the 160th day of the year. Today is day 160 since our recorded RD on Case Tracker and I guess that's just freaking me out even though I know there are people who have been waiting much longer than us. I think its even more frustrating knowing that if Jan the intern hadn't misplaced the BC while receiving the case we'd probably be expecting our green card interview at the end of the month. The waiting game is taking enough of a toll on me that I've lost almost all motivation and focus at work. Its felt like an elephant has just been sitting on my chest for the past three weeks, and it keeps getting heavier every time someone asks whats going on with it. They'll know when I show up with green cupcakes.

Matt's being a real champ about the whole thing. I should be the one making him feel better, but its been the other way around. I was feeling really stressed out about it on Tuesday night that we went to a frozen yogurt bar and I ate my feelings in cheesecake froyo topped with more cheesecake, brownies, m&ms, and reese's pieces. I know he's getting very antsy with not having worked in so long, but he never lets it show. He's also been dealing with what's probably the worst allergies of his life at the same time so I know I picked a winner husband.

Hey! 

I don't believe the approvals are fair nor just but is what it is. There's many ways I feel that it could be looked it in that some September filers aren't still approved and some do get lucky. It's overwhelming to see some already approved from Jan/Feb-some being lucky and some not declaring expedites. I have seen 5 approvals around my date in the last few days although not sure about many other dates. I wish there was a logical explanation from NBC for this but I'm not sure if they are willing to explain/care. There should be a temporary interim EAD card for sure whilst waiting for their processing. 

My anxiety hasn't dropped any (some may question why) since being approved but my reason is I know I have to go through this carry on all again 6 months time due to the extra slow processing Vegas has. At least for faster LFO's applicants can have luxury in knowing they don't have to go through this 'not working' process again. 

I really hope you and Matt get the GC interview and combo too real soon. I feel apologetic on USCIS front for this process.

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, TogoAfrica said:

We are November 26th....Waite g like you. It will happen....eventually 😜. I agree it’s encouraging to know there are others waiting also. Ohhhh myyy can you imagine still waiting from September 🤦🏻‍♀️😳. I truly hope this doesn’t happen to any of us, but we can’t control who gets answers and who doesn’t. We are all here together, waiting 

Keep me updated TogoA, it’s good to have a buddy in the same situation! Still nothing today!

@rrobin0609 I get it, I keep thinking it’s our day too, and then I’m disappointed when it’s not, again! I’m checking every beep on my phone like a crazy lady. But keep your chin up it WILL happen for us, soon! 

Love and good luck to you all you hopeful November’ers out there 😘

52 minutes ago, Tavira87 said:

Keep me updated TogoA, it’s good to have a buddy in the same situation! Still nothing today!

@rrobin0609 I get it, I keep thinking it’s our day too, and then I’m disappointed when it’s not, again! I’m checking every beep on my phone like a crazy lady. But keep your chin up it WILL happen for us, soon! 

Love and good luck to you all you hopeful November’ers out there 😘

Haha! That is exactly how I feel too! I keep doing scans on the USCIS app on my phone, and realized I was checking it so much I may have gotten temporarily logged out of my account due to an "unusually high level of activity". *facepalm* I need to take a chill pill and take it easy for a bit! 😂 It just pains me so much to see my husband feeling down about not being able to work or leave the country -- especially because our friend asked him to be the best man at his wedding mid-May, and we were asked to play music for the first dance. (No pressure, right?! 😛) It sometimes brings me to tears seeing how much it's been distressing him. I wish there was something I could do to alleviate the stress and pain of it all, but I'm afraid we'll just have to keep waiting. All we can do is remain hopeful... and maybe (in my case) not check the status of our case *quite* so much, 🙃

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

On 4/16/2019 at 1:12 PM, Penny&Lee said:

I’m so *\+]+*{]++] off right now... just got an email & a text from USCIS, got real excited, check the case tracker app “request for initial evidence has been mailed” for AOS.. WHAT? 160 days after I filed?! WHAAAAATTT? Ummmmm???????? 

Received the letter in the mail today for the RFE. I’m absolutely dumbfounded. “Based on the documents submitted with Form I-864, Lees income did not meet 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines” 

I’m absolutely beyond confused. My husband earns WAY more than what the poverty guidelines state? His taxes were filed up to date, we didn’t apply with a joint sponsor, however in this notice it’s now telling us that we need to get one.. what? Why? Huh?? 😑😑😑😑

29 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Received the letter in the mail today for the RFE. I’m absolutely dumbfounded. “Based on the documents submitted with Form I-864, Lees income did not meet 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines” 

I’m absolutely beyond confused. My husband earns WAY more than what the poverty guidelines state? His taxes were filed up to date, we didn’t apply with a joint sponsor, however in this notice it’s now telling us that we need to get one.. what? Why? Huh?? 😑😑😑😑

If I may, what did you guys submit as evidence?

I've noticed that a lot of people have had this letter come through, and to be honest I'm pretty certain at this point that it's a delay tactic...Are you able to get a sponsor? 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

45 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Usually this RFE is received when you didn't send all financial documents as required.

If you can elaborate on EXACTLY what you sent, I may be able to narrow it down.

A screen shot of your RFE would help muchly!

Edited by K1visaHopeful

42 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

I'd also be interested in what you and your husband submitted. I know we submitted 6 months of pay checks, a statement from the online HR system that states my full pay and time employed, and tax returns for the last three years which also included my poor days from being a student.

You might resubmit all that stuff and ask your husband's parents to be a "co-sponsor" knowing they dont actually have to do anything.

16 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

If I may, what did you guys submit as evidence?

I've noticed that a lot of people have had this letter come through, and to be honest I'm pretty certain at this point that it's a delay tactic...Are you able to get a sponsor? 

My husband works from home in the US but he works for a British gaming company. So he submitted a 1099 as he can’t get a W-2 from his employer :S it was all done and filed through the accountant (with help from his dad going through the specifications needed to file) But that’s all we sent. Along with bank statements, length of employment, a letter from his employer also stating so. However he is a contractor, so he is renewed every year. Maybe that’s the complication?

Luckily his dad is able to come in as a joint sponsor, thank god. We’re filling affidavit with him tomorrow and he’s gonna accumulate all the paperwork needed from his end for us. Just hate that they do this, especially as I said, my husband earns over triple the poverty guideline 😕 

Edited by Penny&Lee

8 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Usually this RFE is received when you didn't send all financial documents as required.

I just replied to someone with what we sent - If you can check it out! 

Ill log into my computer when I get home and post some screenshots here - about 20 mins!

3 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

I'd also be interested in what you and your husband submitted. I know we submitted 6 months of pay checks, a statement from the online HR system that states my full pay and time employed, and tax returns for the last three years which also included my poor days from being a student.

You might resubmit all that stuff and ask your husband's parents to be a "co-sponsor" knowing they dont actually have to do anything.

Just posted what we submitted to someone else If you wanna have a quick look. His dad is gonna come in to be a joint sponsor, luckily. Otherwise it would be a complete and utter joke 😕 

Just now, Penny&Lee said:

My husband works from home in the US but he works for a British gaming company. So he submitted a 1099 as he can’t get a W-2 from his employer :S it was all done and filed through the accountant (with help from his dad going through the specifications needed to file) But that’s all we sent. Along with bank statements and what-not.

Luckily his dad is able to come in as a joint sponsor, thank god. We’re filling affidavit with him tomorrow and he’s gonna accumulate all the paperwork needed from his end for us. Just hate that they do this, especially as I said, my husband earns over triple the poverty guideline 😕 

Bleh; I'm sorry it happened! At least you've got a joint sponsor willing to help ❤️

I'm still nervous about ours; I won't breath easy until the interview is over and the green card is in my hand. My husband was only promoted to earn enough in June last year.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

1 minute ago, RambaCat said:

Bleh; I'm sorry it happened! At least you've got a joint sponsor willing to help ❤️

I'm still nervous about ours; I won't breath easy until the interview is over and the green card is in my hand. My husband was only promoted to earn enough in June last year.

Thank you! I know. It’s truly an awfully emotionally straining horrible process :( be strong, hopefully soon we all get the answers we want and truly need 💛

15 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

B1C6F099-B885-4B0C-A36F-2AA0B0BE2206.jpeg

CDC1204F-1A67-4EBE-B274-B3051DA4624D.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

My husband works from home in the US but he works for a British gaming company. So he submitted a 1099 as he can’t get a W-2 from his employer :S it was all done and filed through the accountant (with help from his dad going through the specifications needed to file) But that’s all we sent. Along with bank statements, length of employment, a letter from his employer also stating so. However he is a contractor, so he is renewed every year. Maybe that’s the complication?

You are required to submit either:

1. An actual income tax form from the most recent tax year (including ALL pages and schedules) PLUS any earnings statements (ie W2s and/or 1099s).

OR

2. A tax RETURN Transcript from the most recent tax year. 

Submitting an earnings statement is not enough. Tax forms are required. On the I864 form Part 6 Question 23 states this (pictured). Notice the "MUST".

Also, you did not mention if he filed taxes or not. In order to be a sponsor they must have filed taxes for the most three recent years (and at least provided a copy of the most recent taxes) OR if they did not earn enough to have to file taxes you would have to check Part 6 Question 25 and write a statement stating why you did not have to file taxes in the three most recent years.

Once USCIS doesnt accept what documents you sent (ie you did not send them what was required to support/explain your financial situation), they automatically tell you your income isn’t sufficient not because it isn’t sufficient, but because you haven’t proved it to their satisfaction. 

Note that it says: "based on the documents you sent" in your RFE

Screenshot_20190418-214347_OneDrive.jpg

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.