JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Welp, after 222 days we got a minor piece of good news. 485 changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview". Still not the EAD update we wanted though. Does this mean the background check is ready and we should be getting the EAD soon, or is there no correlation?

I didn't really think about this connection, tbh. But our interview was "ready to be scheduled" about two weeks before we received the EAD/AP update.

1 hour ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Guys, it's the moment we've all been waiting for. My husband finally has his Green Card in hand!!!!!! 💚👏 This has been a longgggggg time coming!

Yay! Congrats!

2 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Guys, it's the moment we've all been waiting for. My husband finally has his Green Card in hand!!!!!! 💚👏 This has been a longgggggg time coming!

AHHH, HOORAY! That's fantastic! Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

21 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

After a horrible yesterday, today is picking up!

Since we had contacted our representative about aforementioned-many-times bogus RFIE for a non-English version of a BC for someone born in England, she let us know she had been in contact with both the NBC and the KC LFO and she'd be emailing me the response she received from them. That was Friday and I never got anything from her. This morning I called and left a voicemail. Turns out she had the wrong email which is why it never got to me. She re-sent it this morning. It said as follows:

"Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, regarding his pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

The applicant's I-485 was received by the KAN Field Office in May of 2019. All K1 (Alien Fiance(e) of USC) applicants are required to be interviewed.

Mr. __________ case has been placed into the queue for scheduling his interview which will be within 3-6 months.

We hope the information provided is helpful. If we may be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Sincerely,

(Name was redacted by the congressman's office so I don't further harass them. Smart move on their part.)

Congressional Liaison

KAN Field Office"

So it was nice to see in writing that our LFO had the case and its just in a holding pattern and their not gonna RFIE us for anything else idiotic.

Then, about 20 minutes ago I got a notification on Case Tracker!

image.png.07bbdc8916e5d731cd0d61f9836cecc1.png

I really hope this means you'll get your interview soon! If nothing else, maybe you guys will finally get that EAD/AP Approval over the next few weeks! ❤️

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, Starconspirator said:

I didn't really think about this connection, tbh. But our interview was "ready to be scheduled" about two weeks before we received the EAD/AP update.

Hopefully they're moving a bit faster.  I think we got caught up in the field office shuffle as we did bios in Atlanta but our interview will be in South Carolina.  Ours said 'ready to schedule' on March 13.  Then May 23 they actually scheduled it for July 11.  Then May 28 they updated our AP and we received it June 11.  Still waiting to hear about EAD.

44 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

Hopefully they're moving a bit faster.  I think we got caught up in the field office shuffle as we did bios in Atlanta but our interview will be in South Carolina.  Ours said 'ready to schedule' on March 13.  Then May 23 they actually scheduled it for July 11.  Then May 28 they updated our AP and we received it June 11.  Still waiting to hear about EAD.

ATL is processing K1 AOSers at 8 to 12 months so your lost in the shuffle is a luck of the draw! Congrats!

On 6/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, calliope8 said:

We received the letter May 31 and the actual document June 11. It didn't update online until they were actually printing the document (June 5 or 6 I think.) Before that we had the letter of approval but online still said only that it had been received. Hope he gets it in time!

Did the advanced parole document come with tracking?

1 hour ago, EDRCole said:

Did the advanced parole document come with tracking?

The AP and EAD usually come as a Combo Card.

The AP status rarely changes so the tracking number will come with the EAD status when it changes to New Card was picked up by USPS.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

15 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The AP and EAD usually come as a Combo Card.

The AP status rarely changes so the tracking number will come with the EAD status when it changes to New Card was picked up by USPS.

Unfortunately USCIS failed to issue my husband the combo card even though we filed concurrently.  Said his EAD and AP were approved by different officers even though they were both approved on the same day secondary to expedite.  So he received his EAD card but we have impatiently been waiting for the AP document. It's status has changed to 'document has been produced' but I'm not sure if it comes with tracking or standard mail.  

5 minutes ago, EDRCole said:

Unfortunately USCIS failed to issue my husband the combo card even though we filed concurrently.  Said his EAD and AP were approved by different officers even though they were both approved on the same day secondary to expedite.  So he received his EAD card but we have impatiently been waiting for the AP document. It's status has changed to 'document has been produced' but I'm not sure if it comes with tracking or standard mail.  

Okay. Well your situation is different. I've never seen an AP status change in all my scans so I have no answer for you.

How long has it been since it changed to "document has been produced".

The time line for the EAD status changes from "New Card being produced" to "Card was mailed" to "Card was picked up by USPS (which will also give the tracking number" to "Card was delivered by yada yada" varies from a few days to 14 days so the timeline and status changes MAY be similar for you.

5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Okay. Well your situation is different. I've never seen an AP status change in all my scans so I have no answer for you.

How long has it been since it changed to "document has been produced".

The time line for the EAD status changes from "New Card being produced" to "Card was mailed" to "Card was picked up by USPS (which will also give the tracking number" to "Card was delivered by yada yada" varies from a few days to 14 days so the timeline and status changes MAY be similar for you.

Very different but USCIS continues to make our life that much more difficult! No one can explain why he didn't get the combo card but again not trying to make sense of this process. 

We have mail arriving from our LFO today! Gahhhh! I wanna know what it is now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.