BJ & Christine

November 2018 I-129 Filers

1,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Helenlc said:

So we just checked the new site and.....

March 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

On March 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

I may be happy dancing at the moment 

Congratulations!!

@Helenlc Congratulations! 🎈🎉🍾🎊 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Helenlc said:

March 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

congraz!!!!!  we really do need good news like this here 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I never even considered hiring a lawyer or using an agency to prepare my petition even before I stumbled upon VJ and once I got here and became familiar with the place and started reading about what lawyers did (agencies too) I was very glad i didn't consider using either. It was money well saved. Consider doing the rest of your future journey yourself. You being here  makes you off to a great start.

I had all research done at the point actually, when my fiance decided to hire a lawyer who is recommended by church friends.

i am glad i did because there is no way the lawyer would know i need police check report from other country other than one from where i live now. the policy check alone took me almost 2 months to have it on hand... Do not fully rely on the lawyer is what i learn from this experience...

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 9:55 AM, RayRay13 said:

Hi everyone from November!

I've never posted in here but just want to give an update (and some hope) for others out there.

My NOA1: November 05

RFE Mailed: March 20

I just received notice of the mailing of my RFE today so hopefully it arrives soon. A Tier 2 agent is supposed to call me back to see if they can fax it to me so I can receive it a bit quicker. We'll see if that works!

*Edit, I received my notice of RFE via the old website and the Case Tracker app.

By the way if you're calling today, the wait time is about 30 minutes for a Tier 1 agent. Tier 2 is taking callbacks, 87 minutes to wait. 

Hey RayRay13, I received my RFE notice and waiting for it through the mail. How do you get the notice through the old website? I'd like to do it as well instead of waiting for the mail.

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, Helenlc said:

March 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Helenlc said:

March 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

Congrats! Sooo happy for you!!! 

Timeline

We called yesterday morning. Got a bit rude tier2 officer but she told us our case has been opened, no Rfe's, and when my fiance asked about background check she told him that a continuous process (?) and it's being done... We didn't get much more then we got last week but at least we know they are working on it 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, SanjaAlex said:

We called yesterday morning. Got a bit rude tier2 officer but she told us our case has been opened, no Rfe's, and when my fiance asked about background check she told him that a continuous process (?) and it's being done... We didn't get much more then we got last week but at least we know they are working on it 

This might be a really stupid question, but what number do you call if you want to ask someone about your case? I called the 1-800-375-5283 number and was only able to hear an automated response saying my case has been received.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Pinda said:

This might be a really stupid question, but what number do you call if you want to ask someone about your case? I called the 1-800-375-5283 number and was only able to hear an automated response saying my case has been received.

That's the number, but don't type in your case number, you need to press 1,1,2,2 then # to get a person to talk to. After you get someone ask to speak to a tier2 officer. Just choose the option where it says you forgot your case number or something like that 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am not calling USCIS anymore. I spoke with the rudest Tier 2 officer refusing to give me information. When I told him that several people have called and gotten the information, he yelled at me saying that he was not talking to several other people. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Omg I’m so jittery! Just checked my informed delivery and saw this, does anyone know if RFEs have the same format as NOA2? Can’t wait to go home on my lunch break...🤞

9129F7C4-DF4F-4575-9398-A138081E87F0.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, EmiAndIgli said:

Omg I’m so jittery! Just checked my informed delivery and saw this, does anyone know if RFEs have the same format as NOA2? Can’t wait to go home on my lunch break...🤞

9129F7C4-DF4F-4575-9398-A138081E87F0.jpeg

Should be NOA2!!! Fingers crossed, let us know 😊😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Just now, SanjaAlex said:

Should be NOA2!!! Fingers crossed, let us know 😊😊😊

I will!!!!!!!!! Usually take my lunch at 11 but I’m going at noon just to make sure the postman delivered my mail🤗I’m on pins and needles till then 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.