Jump to content
TBoneTX

Why Did Media And Democrats Abandon Their Investigation Into Brett Kavanaugh?

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Valid points.  Discussion?

Quote

Why Did Media And Democrats Abandon Their Investigation Into Brett Kavanaugh?

 

If Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh is really a rapist and sexual assailant, as Democrats and media claimed, shouldn't the story continue to be covered?

By Mollie Hemingway
OCTOBER 31, 2018

 

What happened to the multiple allegations of sexual misconduct levied against Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation battle? The claims ranged from Christine Blasey Ford’s remotely plausible if unsubstantiated allegation of a violent attempted rape to Michael Avenatti’s completely outlandish and also unsubstantiated allegation of hosting serial gang rape parties.

 

From September 12 to October 6, the claims absolutely dominated all major media. They ran on the front pages of all major newspapers and filled the hours on cable and network news. Magazine journalists at The New Yorker ran with the claims, despite massive corroboration problems.

 

The claims were taken so seriously by the media and some U.S. senators it led to serious delays of the confirmation voting process. A hearing was held during and after which all the talking heads on cable asserted Blasey Ford was completely “credible.” Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Arizona, even maneuvered to reopen an FBI investigation to dig into the claims. Then they disappeared. Overnight.

 

Article continues here:
https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/31/why-did-media-and-democrats-abandon-their-investigation-into-brett-kavanaugh/

 

 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that if they are so certain the claims are credible then they should be fully investigated, however because it was obviously nothing more than a political smear campaign that failed miserably and also backfired terribly, they've tried to distance themselves from it as much as possible.  They want Americans to forget what the Democratic leaders did prior to the Nov vote.  I can't recall exactly which thread on the topic it was but someone posted an article about how the whole Kavanaugh thing resulted in a massive swell of Republican voter interest and that the Dems needed to do everything they could to distance themselves from it and get voters to forget by midterms.  Even without the media coverage or any continued investigations, the conservatives and even the liberals who left the Dems over the whole mess won't forget.  But they sure do get an A+ for effort!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - time and time again American's prove to be much smarter than the Democratic party (and yes, politicians in general) tend to think they are.  The silent majority still votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OptimusSpice said:

I agree that if they are so certain the claims are credible then they should be fully investigated, however because it was obviously nothing more than a political smear campaign that failed miserably and also backfired terribly, they've tried to distance themselves from it as much as possible.  They want Americans to forget what the Democratic leaders did prior to the Nov vote.  I can't recall exactly which thread on the topic it was but someone posted an article about how the whole Kavanaugh thing resulted in a massive swell of Republican voter interest and that the Dems needed to do everything they could to distance themselves from it and get voters to forget by midterms.  Even without the media coverage or any continued investigations, the conservatives and even the liberals who left the Dems over the whole mess won't forget.  But they sure do get an A+ for effort!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - time and time again American's prove to be much smarter than the Democratic party (and yes, politicians in general) tend to think they are.  The silent majority still votes.

I would add the Dems and their allies in the mainstream media...  We keep hearing that the big media drivers like WaPo, NYTimes, the major networks, etc. are not biased, but it seems very clear that they do take sides.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

That one shameful circus motivated me to go vote like no other issue has ever 

What, you mean Obama, The Oprah, and Will Farrell did not sway you to vote for the Democrats?


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could partially explain lack of movement against Judge Kavanaugh.

 

”Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, the 51-year-old research psychologist and professor who accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers in the 1980s, say their client is not interested in murmurings that Democrats may seek to impeach Kavanaugh if they reclaim the House of Representatives in the November midterm elections. 

"Professor Ford has not asked for anything of the sort," attorney Debra Katz said to CNN. "What she did was to come forward and testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee and agree to cooperate with any investigation by the FBI and that's what she sought to do here."

 

link: https://www.businessinsider.com/christine-blasey-ford-is-not-interested-in-brett-kavanaugh-impeachment-2018-10

 

Preferring to forget the incident and move on with her life is a normal reaction for an assault victim.


“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lierre said:

This could partially explain lack of movement against Judge Kavanaugh.

 

”Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, the 51-year-old research psychologist and professor who accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers in the 1980s, say their client is not interested in murmurings that Democrats may seek to impeach Kavanaugh if they reclaim the House of Representatives in the November midterm elections. 

"Professor Ford has not asked for anything of the sort," attorney Debra Katz said to CNN. "What she did was to come forward and testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee and agree to cooperate with any investigation by the FBI and that's what she sought to do here."

 

link: https://www.businessinsider.com/christine-blasey-ford-is-not-interested-in-brett-kavanaugh-impeachment-2018-10

 

Preferring to forget the incident and move on with her life is a normal reaction for an assault victim.

Or someone who made up false allegations who doesn't want it looked at further and their party who doesn't want to look bad in the up coming elections. So were told all women must be believed. What about the women accusing Mueller? Why are they just brushed aside?


morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Or someone who made up false allegations who doesn't want it looked at further and their party who doesn't want to look bad in the up coming elections. So were told all women must be believed. What about the women accusing Mueller? Why are they just brushed aside?

How is victim blaming related to the question?

 

The party conspiracy is juicy and fun to think about. Fact of the matter is that the simplest answer with the least number of assumptions is usually the best though. Occam’s razor.

 

 

Edited by lierre

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lierre said:

How is victim blaming related to the question?

 

The party conspiracy is juicy and fun to think about. Fact of the matter is that the simplest answer with the least number of assumptions is usually the best though. Occam’s razor.

 

 

Your assuming Ford is the victim here. Got any evidence to back that up? If we are to follow the rules of due process Ford has not been proven to be a victim and neither have the Mueller accusers. If we are to follow the rules of the left which says all women must be believed than Ford is no more a victim than the Mueller accusers are. Can't have it both ways. So which rules do you go by? Due process or all women must be believed?


morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Your assuming Ford is the victim here. Got any evidence to back that up? If we are to follow the rules of due process Ford has not been proven to be a victim and neither have the Mueller accusers. If we are to follow the rules of the left which says all women must be believed than Ford is no more a victim than the Mueller accusers are. Can't have it both ways. So which rules do you go by? Due process or all women must be believed?

There was a preponderance of evidence against Kavanaugh for his excessive drinking and witnesses (both victims and just bystanders) who stated his behavior when drunk and when around other people. Then, there’s Blasey Ford’s statement. Hate to break it to you, but that is pretty substantial evidence against him and if he were some ordinary bloke with ordinary wealth & stature, he would be indicted. But, this is all off-topic.

 

Again, I don’t see how the Kavanaugh hearing have any bearing to the question being asked here. He has already been confirmed and has actually started working.

 

From what I understand, the OP was wanting discussion on what could possibly account for the media silence... Are you hoping to turn this into a thread about whether Kavanaugh assaulted Blasey Ford or not? 

Edited by lierre

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lierre said:

There was a preponderance of evidence against Kavanaugh for his excessive drinking and witnesses (both victims and just bystanders) who stated his behavior when drunk and when around other people. Then, there’s Blasey Ford’s statement. Hate to break it to you, but that is pretty substantial evidence against him and if he were some ordinary bloke with ordinary wealth & stature, he would be indicted. But, this is all off-topic.

 

Again, I don’t see how the Kavanaugh hearing have any bearing to the question being asked here. He has already been confirmed and has actually started working.

 

From what I understand, the OP was wanting discussion on what could possibly account for the media silence... Are you hoping to turn this into a thread about whether Kavanaugh assaulted Blasey Ford or not? 

Actually if he were an everyday citizen, no judge in the world would move it foward. There was zero evidance he assaulted Ford, and every named witness denied it happened.  Preponderance  my foot.

 

Ps getting hammered in college is not a crime 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lierre said:

How is victim blaming related to the question?

 

The party conspiracy is juicy and fun to think about. Fact of the matter is that the simplest answer with the least number of assumptions is usually the best though. Occam’s razor.

 

 

Nobody is blaming Kavanaugh.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lierre said:

There was a preponderance of evidence against Kavanaugh for his excessive drinking and witnesses (both victims and just bystanders) who stated his behavior when drunk and when around other people. Then, there’s Blasey Ford’s statement. Hate to break it to you, but that is pretty substantial evidence against him and if he were some ordinary bloke with ordinary wealth & stature, he would be indicted. But, this is all off-topic.

 

Again, I don’t see how the Kavanaugh hearing have any bearing to the question being asked here. He has already been confirmed and has actually started working.

 

From what I understand, the OP was wanting discussion on what could possibly account for the media silence... Are you hoping to turn this into a thread about whether Kavanaugh assaulted Blasey Ford or not? 

I think the media silence is easy to figure out.  The leftist media saw how much this issue energized the right leaning voters and they, the mainstream biased media, certainly would not want to keep fanning those flames.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I think the media silence is easy to figure out.  The leftist media saw how much this issue energized the right leaning voters and they, the mainstream biased media, certainly would not want to keep fanning those flames.

 

It would be an interesting mid-term election, that's for sure.

 

 


“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lierre said:

There was a preponderance of evidence against Kavanaugh for his excessive drinking and witnesses (both victims and just bystanders) who stated his behavior when drunk and when around other people. Then, there’s Blasey Ford’s statement. Hate to break it to you, but that is pretty substantial evidence against him and if he were some ordinary bloke with ordinary wealth & stature, he would be indicted. But, this is all off-topic.

Cough. *BS* Cough cough... cough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×