Todd55

NOA 2 approval

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! If you want, you can join this thread here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/685632-october-2018-k-1-noa2-nvc/ . It can provide some extra tips and allow you to follow along with those that are near the same point in the process as you! 

Also, I only received something in the mail, too. No text, website update, or email either. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The system for text sometimes messes up. I got texts for NOA1's for both the I-129f petition and AOS but never for NOA2's for either.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

166 days! Boom! Congrats)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Thanks everybody.  I am still shaking. haha!  I have to calm down some.  It is on to the next part of the journey now.  I think I have to relax and have a couple beers today, and let this sink in for a while.  I will start on everything tomorrow.  :dance::dance:  I was pleasantly surprised.  The visa journey estimates said nov. 11th to the 20th.  The current processing times on the us govt. site says they are processing march 27th right now.  So maybe they are a little ahead of what that says I suppose. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I've noticed my VJ estimate slowly updating to closer dates. When I first submitted my packet my estimate was sometime in March, now it's February 21st. It seems like USCIS might be picking up the pace with them. Would be nice to see the process drop a month or so 😁

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

I've noticed my VJ estimate slowly updating to closer dates. When I first submitted my packet my estimate was sometime in March, now it's February 21st. It seems like USCIS might be picking up the pace with them. Would be nice to see the process drop a month or so 😁

Only to slow down at some point in the future 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Todd55 said:

I just had to post.  This is my first post here on this site.  I just got the NOA 2 approval in the mail today!  My fiancé and I are so excited.  We submitted the initial petition on may 7th, and were approved on October 23rd.  I only check my mail once a week, so it was probably sitting in the mail box for a couple days.  I just find it strange that I did not receive a text or email before I got the snail mail.  When I first sent the petition I got a text 3 days later saying that the USCIS had received it.  I have not received email, or text for NOA 2 yet.  I know we still have a long way to go, but this initial approval is a very important hurdle to overcome. 

I'd only be worried if it was the other way around and you hadn't received a hard copy yet. 

Long story short, I never got my hardcopy due to a clerical error on USCIS's part and it ultimately delayed us an extra 5 months. 

After all said and done I got a scanned copy of my original I=129 Form showing an official stamp of approval from the USCIS for June but get this, it was crossed out by hand with a new approval date of September hand written in with sloppy writing!  Even the expiration date was scribbled out with a new date  hand written in. The USCIS essentially proved their guilt in doing so! How sloppy is that for a process that they put so much critique on?

Good thing is now that we're past all that and finally have visa in hand we can now look back and know that despite all this the wait was worth it. 

If anything, we can help other through our experience. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Mozam said:

Welcome to VJ! If you want, you can join this thread here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/685632-october-2018-k-1-noa2-nvc/ . It can provide some extra tips and allow you to follow along with those that are near the same point in the process as you! 

Also, I only received something in the mail, too. No text, website update, or email either. 

I am worried about receiving anything from USCIS or NVS at my residential address here in Brazil because the postal service is a disaster this year for some reason. A simple letter took from the states took 7 weeks to reach me.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Alekezam said:

I'd only be worried if it was the other way around and you hadn't received a hard copy yet. 

Long story short, I never got my hardcopy due to a clerical error on USCIS's part and it ultimately delayed us an extra 5 months. 

After all said and done I got a scanned copy of my original I=129 Form showing an official stamp of approval from the USCIS for June but get this, it was crossed out by hand with a new approval date of September hand written in with sloppy writing!  Even the expiration date was scribbled out with a new date  hand written in. The USCIS essentially proved their guilt in doing so! How sloppy is that for a process that they put so much critique on?

Good thing is now that we're past all that and finally have visa in hand we can now look back and know that despite all this the wait was worth it. 

If anything, we can help other through our experience. 

Wow. Stories like this amaze me. It's encouraging to know that you finally received your visa! Congrats!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, James D said:

I am worried about receiving anything from USCIS or NVS at my residential address here in Brazil because the postal service is a disaster this year for some reason. A simple letter took from the states took 7 weeks to reach me.

You're in the CR1 process so I don't have any perspective to offer on that. However, have my process arrives I will receive all correspondence by email. This could be different for your embassy, so I would look into it. You can search the Brazil thread and I'm sure someone would be able to help you out with more information than I would be able to give you. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, Mozam said:

Mozam, I noticed that NVC received your file on Nov. 1st, and you were assigned a case # on Nov. 2nd.  How did you get a case # so quick???  Mine has been approved since oct. 23rd, and I just called them, and they have no record of my case yet.  She said it could take up to six weeks for the NVC to assign a case #.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Todd55 said:

Mozam, I noticed that NVC received your file on Nov. 1st, and you were assigned a case # on Nov. 2nd.  How did you get a case # so quick???  Mine has been approved since oct. 23rd, and I just called them, and they have no record of my case yet.  She said it could take up to six weeks for the NVC to assign a case #.

They received my case on November 1st, yes, but my case was approved on October 5th. So getting my case number only took 1 day once my case arrived at the NVC, but it took almost a month for my case to even arrive at the NVC. Since your case was only approved on October 23rd I imagine it will take a bit longer for your case to arrive at the NVC. It can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks from your approval date for you case to even arrive at the NVC

Hopefully that helps you out. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.