karen & shawn

less than a year relationship.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was just wondering and a little bit worried about out K1 visa process that may happen during the interview. They might consider this relationship is fraud or with red flag.

My fiance and I started chatting and video chatting February 2018 then he visited me May 2018 then we filed our K1 visa process July 2018. 

Please enlightened us about the possible feedback that might happen during the upcoming interview next year. Thank you. 

PS: Maybe there are couples with the same situation as us. Thanks in advance.

My fiancé and I are also waiting for our NOA2, so I’m no expert on the process, but the short amount of time you two had known each other for before filing coupled with the fact that you’ve only met once could possibly raise suspicions. Face time seems to be a very important factor in demonstrating that your relationship is legitimate. You might want to try spending more time together in person so that you have more evidence to present during the interview.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Teacake said:

My fiancé and I are also waiting for our NOA2, so I’m no expert on the process, but the short amount of time you two had known each other for before filing coupled with the fact that you’ve only met once could possibly raise suspicions. Face time seems to be a very important factor in demonstrating that your relationship is legitimate. You might want to try spending more time together in person so that you have more evidence to present during the interview.

First visit was May for like 2 weeks and the second visit was this month October for 10 days. :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

If it was another country where the embassy is tough, then a short relationship and one time vise may be an issue. For the Philippines...not so much.

I always joke and say the Manilla embassy hand out K1 visas like napkins at a BBQ. 😋

Still be well prepared, though.

Thank you. He visited me twice. And we have talked that the next visit is the time he has to pick me up here in the Philippines. Thank you

3 minutes ago, karen & shawn said:

Thank you. He visited me twice. And we have talked that the next visit is the time he has to pick me up here in the Philippines. Thank you

Be advised that it will be some time before you get your visa. It can take up to a year as processing times have slowed a great deal. It would be beneficial (for your relationship) if he can see you before then. Plus it would add more evidence to having time together when you have your interview to boot.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Be advised that it will be some time before you get your visa. It can take up to a year as processing times have slowed a great deal. It would be beneficial (for your relationship) if he can see you before then. Plus it would add more evidence to having time together when you have your interview to boot.

He is planning to be with me during the interview but I don't want him to cost much to be here during the interview and back again to pick me up. Plane tickets aren't cheap though. :) Thanks 

I guess you had a short wait during your process. Waiting time sucks. Really! I want us to be together. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

I always joke and say the Manilla embassy hand out K1 visas like napkins at a BBQ. 😋

that it seems ...

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

14 minutes ago, karen & shawn said:

He is planning to be with me during the interview but I don't want him to cost much to be here during the interview and back again to pick me up. Plane tickets aren't cheap though. :) Thanks 

I guess you had a short wait during your process. Waiting time sucks. Really! I want us to be together. 

Totally understandable. It is good that he will be there for morale/ emotional support. Just be sure he doesn't purchase any plane tickets for you until you have the visa physically in your hands. Not after you are preliminary approved at the interview, but visa in your hands. When have seen too many times people by tickets beforehand and end up losing money because the visa isn't ready before their travel date.

Back when I filed for my then fiance (2014) it took only 3 months before the approval. However, my wife did not have her interview until a year and a half later. But the long time in between the approval and interview was due to other circumstances.

Best of luck to you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Totally understandable. It is good that he will be there for morale/ emotional support. Just be sure he doesn't purchase any plane tickets for you until you have the visa physically in your hands. Not after you are preliminary approved at the interview, but visa in your hands. When have seen too many times people by tickets beforehand and end up losing money because the visa isn't ready before their travel date.

Back when I filed for my then fiance (2014) it took only 3 months before the approval. However, my wife did not have her interview until a year and a half later. But the long time in between the approval and interview was due to other circumstances.

Best of luck to you.

Ouch. I just hope and pray everything will happen smoothly and in God's perfect time. I just feel little bit upset about the waiting time but I know this is happening for a good reason. 

Thank you so much. It helped a lot and I feel way much better. We'll have our NOA2 probably Late January or early February.

Thank you. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
33 minutes ago, karen & shawn said:

First visit was May for like 2 weeks and the second visit was this month October for 10 days. :)

Pretty much like us except for a few things. We have a comparable time frame and face time plus a vist for 2018 New Year when I was separated but still married. We also have multiple divorces on his side + age gap of 17 years. We have known each other like over 30 years in total and even dated 25 years ago but it didn't work out then. So technically our relationship is short and very long at the same time. We couldn't forget each other despite living our lives, getting married, me having kids, him emigrating etc. So we filed a very front-loaded petition, I now collate lots of new evidence and my fiance is coming for the New Year 2019 for 3 weeks and I asked him to be here for the interview. We very much want to be together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I also started talking to my husband in February of this year and we got married 2 months later on the first visit. We are aware these are major red flags so we're trying to  combat it by having lots of visits before his interview.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
50 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Pretty much like us except for a few things. We have a comparable time frame and face time plus a vist for 2018 New Year when I was separated but still married. We also have multiple divorces on his side + age gap of 17 years. We have known each other like over 30 years in total and even dated 25 years ago but it didn't work out then. So technically our relationship is short and very long at the same time. We couldn't forget each other despite living our lives, getting married, me having kids, him emigrating etc. So we filed a very front-loaded petition, I now collate lots of new evidence and my fiance is coming for the New Year 2019 for 3 weeks and I asked him to be here for the interview. We very much want to be together.

so as us. it makes us impatient to wait so long just to be together and I know all the people under this petition have successfully succeeded. why not us! Good luck to all of us. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, PersaisX said:

I also started talking to my husband in February of this year and we got married 2 months later on the first visit. We are aware these are major red flags so we're trying to  combat it by having lots of visits before his interview.

Yes yes yes. He will be picking me up once I got my visa and that might happen might happen April next year. I don't him to travel here in January then be back in April. That's a lot of money. haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.