JVG

CFO seminar

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CFO seminar Philippines when can this be taken prior to the interview or do we have to wait until the interview is complete and approved

Thank you in advance

20 minutes ago, JVG said:

The CFO seminar Philippines when can this be taken prior to the interview or do we have to wait until the interview is complete and approved

Thank you in advance

I moved your post to the Philippine subforum for better help but I will answer your question as well. 

Yes, you can take the seminar either before your interview or after but it is up to you. If you take it before the interview and subsequent visa approval they will tell you come back to get the paper put in your passport. If you take it afterwards then you get the paperwork that same day. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, JVG said:

Thank you in advance

With K-1 &  IR/CR-1  CFO-GCP seminar can be completed before or after receive the visa.

http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Roxan just did her CFO in Cebu in September. She does not have her visa yet. Painless...She will have to go get the sticker when she receives her visa...

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

This ONLY applies to the fiancee/fiance or wife/husband.  Any K-2s or children or family of CR/IR must wait until after VOH to take the seminar.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
52 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

This ONLY applies to the fiancee/fiance or wife/husband.  Any K-2s or children or family of CR/IR must wait until after VOH to take the seminar.

Gotta be careful with  "husband/wife" as there are F2A (spouse visa also, petitioner is an LPR) and they have to attend PDOS.   

All that require PDOS seminar can only attend after receiving the visa.

All that require GCP seminar can attend before or after receiving the visa.   (K-1 and IR/CR-1 only)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I did it after I got a visa. We dropped by the Philippines on our way to go back to the US. We were living in Japan.

It doesn’t matter when you do it really, as long as the sticker gets put in the passport.

honestly, I don’t know when this gets checked. Neither immigration nor the check in guy at the airport searched for it...

Edited by ivyyy

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

All that require GCP seminar can attend before or after receiving the visa.   (K-1 and IR/CR-1 only)

Hey, Hank, just for clarification, I'm working through the process with my fiancee (K-1) and her little son (K-2).  We were hoping to do the CFO seminar a day or two after our embassy interview so we can take care of them both in the same trip.

Since we have a K-1 AND a K-2, are we okay to the CFO in the same week as the interview?  Or do we need to wait until they get their visas?

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

24 minutes ago, jm302music said:

Hey, Hank, just for clarification, I'm working through the process with my fiancee (K-1) and her little son (K-2).  We were hoping to do the CFO seminar a day or two after our embassy interview so we can take care of them both in the same trip.

Since we have a K-1 AND a K-2, are we okay to the CFO in the same week as the interview?  Or do we need to wait until they get their visas?

Joel

How old is her son?  Children under 12 do not need to attend the seminar.  You need to register them and when you pick up your Fiancee's sticker, you can fill out the necessary paperwork for the child and can get sticker same day.  

x

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Scott Br said:

How old is her son?  Children under 12 do not need to attend the seminar.  You need to register them and when you pick up your Fiancee's sticker, you can fill out the necessary paperwork for the child and can get sticker same day.  

Hi, Scott!  That's great news!  Her son is only 7, so that makes the process a bit easier.

Thanks for the help!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Joel

Timeline
37 minutes ago, jm302music said:

Joel

Child 12 and under only need to register to get the sticker.  Your fiancee can attend the GCP seminar anytime (appt required).  Then when both passports w/visa are in hand return to CFO to get the stickers.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Child 12 and under only need to register to get the sticker.  Your fiancee can attend the GCP seminar anytime (appt required).  Then when both passports w/visa are in hand return to CFO to get the stickers.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Okay, got it.  Thanks, Hank!  As always, I really appreciate your help!

Joel

Joel

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, matt&lori said:

Hello everyone, my fiancee just got her COC from Singapore and soon to mail it to the embassy.  My question is that if she gets her CFO now before she gets her visa, how difficult is the process of going back to get the sticker after she gets her visa?  Is there a wait time?  Appointment needed?.  Thanks!!

Not difficult.   No appointment.   Go to any CFO office.  If picking up at NAIA,  just need to call ahead to verify the desk will be "manned"

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.