destinychild1

Where can I file i130 form for sibling online?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I have become US Citizen this year May and would like to petition for my sister. Can someone please help me to understand if i130 for sibling can be filed online? If yes, please share the link?

Also, what specific documents would I require for submission apart from our Birth Certificates and my Naturalization certificate? Thank you

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 minutes ago, destinychild1 said:

Hi

I have become US Citizen this year May and would like to petition for my sister. Can someone please help me to understand if i130 for sibling can be filed online? If yes, please share the link?

Also, what specific documents would I require for submission apart from our Birth Certificates and my Naturalization certificate? Thank you

you can't file it out online, you have to fill it out by hand and send it to the proper lockbox. the required documents are attached to this link. you shouldn't need anything else besides you and her birth certificate that shows at least one parent in common. https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

16 minutes ago, destinychild1 said:

Hi

Unfortunately you can not file for your sister online. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, josie125 said:

you can't file it out online, you have to fill it out by hand and send it to the proper lockbox. the required documents are attached to this link. you shouldn't need anything else besides you and her birth certificate that shows at least one parent in common. https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Much thanks for the prompt response. Have a great day ahead!

Not what you asked, but just making sure you know it’s a long wait. For India, currently 14.5 years, and it gets longer every year.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not what you asked, but just making sure you know it’s a long wait. For India, currently 14.5 years, and it gets longer every year.

am aware about it :)

But there is only so much I can do, hopefully there would be some reforms that may reduce the timelines.

9 minutes ago, destinychild1 said:

am aware about it :)

But there is only so much I can do, hopefully there would be some reforms that may reduce the timelines.

If there’s any reform it’s likely to go in the other direction, removing the category.

Timeline
Just now, SusieQQQ said:

If there’s any reform it’s likely to go in the other direction, removing the category.

oh ok, hopefully it doesnt come to that :(

Timeline
11 hours ago, destinychild1 said:

oh ok, hopefully it doesnt come to that :(

sometimes it can be expedited, i've heard of expedite reasons of military and asking senators. not sure what kind of circumstances but i hope it all works out for you! 

2 hours ago, josie125 said:

sometimes it can be expedited, i've heard of expedite reasons of military and asking senators. not sure what kind of circumstances but i hope it all works out for you! 

For siblings? There is no such thing. Expediting can be done for spouses and minor children cases. Not for siblings, whether the petitioner is in the military or not.

They have to wait it out.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

5 hours ago, josie125 said:

It's impossible to expedite a priority date, which is going to be about 95%+ of the ~15-20+ year wait.

The I-130 can be expedited, but it would just sit at NVC until the PD is current, and there's no way to speed that up. Actually, doing the I-130 expedite here has potentially negative consequences regarding the beneficairy's children (if any).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm hoping for the ending of this category and others with a reform... but that's just me...

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
4 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

For siblings? There is no such thing. Expediting can be done for spouses and minor children cases. Not for siblings, whether the petitioner is in the military or not.

They have to wait it out.

1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It's impossible to expedite a priority date, which is going to be about 95%+ of the ~15-20+ year wait.

The I-130 can be expedited, but it would just sit at NVC until the PD is current, and there's no way to speed that up. Actually, doing the I-130 expedite here has potentially negative consequences regarding the beneficairy's children (if any).

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

And “asking senators” doesn’t expedite, asking senators is what you do when your case is beyond normal timelines and you need extra help.

my mistake, ive heard of it but actually had a friend who actually got it expedited from the senator, he started in june and they are now waiting for an interview for his wife because he senator wrote a letter on his behave and they expedited it but i didn't realize it's a different for siblings, my bad guys. 

A senator can submit an expedite request on your behalf, but it’s no more likely to move the case along than doing the expedite yourself by calling USCIS and asking for it. A senator is barred from influencing the decision or timeline.

And yes, the expedite is really only beneficial where the PD is current (immediate relatives [spouse, under 21 children, and parents] of a USC are current immediately upon filing).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.