nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Awwww! Congratulations, your happiness is radiating off the screen. :) :) :)

1 minute ago, johnmcgraw49 said:

We are done!!!! It's a wrap....best of luck to the other Oct. filers!! 

Almost 6 years since we filed for a K1 visa and we are done done done!!!  

thanks for all the support over the years.  I literally did everything myself instead of paying a lawyer and I can't tell you how valuable of a tool this forum was for me.  God bless Visa Journey and all the people who share their experiences here...it's truly a blessing to have this community!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ina Winston said:

How did you know? Did your online status changed? or did you just get the paper notice by mail? It's been almost 2 weeks since I had my combo interview, I got my 10 year green card but I still haven't get Oath ceremony scheduled yet, the online status still shows "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"...

Yes, my case status change to Oath ceremony has been mailed. And i can print out the notice on my account document tab. The mail will be recieved later. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi y'all! Today is exactly my 3rd month after I had my biometrics last Nov. 13, 2018. I'm starting to feel angst waiting :) Though i know its normal to wait for this kind of situation. For the meantime, I keep on studying so I will be totally prepared. Do I need to follow up on my status or just wait? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
21 hours ago, trangnguyen said:

did they tell you that when they will send you letter notice for second interview , last time I went interview with my husband aslo, but he wait outside , when they call my number, only me follow them 

no nothing . just wait . and he needs to show my case to supervisor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nikolas2017 said:

no nothing . just wait . and he needs to show my case to supervisor

How about you I-751. Did you ready get your green card 10 years . Or it still pending when you filled N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, trangnguyen said:

How about you I-751. Did you ready get your green card 10 years . Or it still pending when you filled N-400

i still pending(((( my i-751 . and wait second interview , IO said because i came before without wife((( i dont know how long i need wait that

18 hours ago, johnmcgraw49 said:

We are done!!!! It's a wrap....best of luck to the other Oct. filers!! 

Almost 6 years since we filed for a K1 visa and we are done done done!!!  

thanks for all the support over the years.  I literally did everything myself instead of paying a lawyer and I can't tell you how valuable of a tool this forum was for me.  God bless Visa Journey and all the people who share their experiences here...it's truly a blessing to have this community!  

IMG_1359.jpg

Congratulations!! Must be the greatest feeling to finally finish this process!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my interview in Buffalo yesterday.  Was scheduled for 2:45, I showed up a bit early, got checked (they took a photo and fingerprints at checkin) and waited in a nearly empty room. At about 2:40 I was called by a cold, distant and unsmiling officer.  She swore me in, asked me to read a sentence off a mounted iPad.  She then asked me to write a sentence on the ipad, which was awkward, then asked the six civics questions.  She went through my name, address, employer and marital status, and then asked me some of the yes/no questions from the application.  She then had me read and sign the Oath of Allegiance on the ipad, then handed over my Oath Letter and approval notice which had been sitting on her desk the whole time.  It was so casually done I didn't realize it was over at first.  I was back in my car at 2:54, my oath date is March 26.

It doesn't sound like a barrel of a laughs but at least it was quick! Congratulations on passing :)  Not long now before you'll be a citizen and can say goodbye to immigration.  Woo-hoo!

What made it awkward when you had to write the sentence on the iPad?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, jefferyd said:

Had my interview in Buffalo yesterday.  Was scheduled for 2:45, I showed up a bit early, got checked (they took a photo and fingerprints at checkin) and waited in a nearly empty room. At about 2:40 I was called by a cold, distant and unsmiling officer.  She swore me in, asked me to read a sentence off a mounted iPad.  She then asked me to write a sentence on the ipad, which was awkward, then asked the six civics questions.  She went through my name, address, employer and marital status, and then asked me some of the yes/no questions from the application.  She then had me read and sign the Oath of Allegiance on the ipad, then handed over my Oath Letter and approval notice which had been sitting on her desk the whole time.  It was so casually done I didn't realize it was over at first.  I was back in my car at 2:54, my oath date is March 26.

Congratulations!

Timeline

1 hour ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

It doesn't sound like a barrel of a laughs but at least it was quick! Congratulations on passing :)  Not long now before you'll be a citizen and can say goodbye to immigration.  Woo-hoo!

What made it awkward when you had to write the sentence on the iPad?

Thank you!  There was a stylus but you couldn't touch the screen with your hand at all and I wasn't able to write like that so I just used my fingertip but the screen is mounted like a tv so the angle is weird.  Also a bit weird is that my online account was changed to "Approved, we have placed you in line waiting for an Oath date" but I have my letter in hand already.  I guess the system is just slow to reflect reality.

That's really useful, thanks for explaining. I'm trying to prepare as much as possible for my interview on 12 March, and your experience could come in handy. :) 

What did you have to write? 

2 minutes ago, jefferyd said:

Thank you!  There was a stylus but you couldn't touch the screen with your hand at all and I wasn't able to write like that so I just used my fingertip but the screen is mounted like a tv so the angle is weird.  Also a bit weird is that my online account was changed to "Approved, we have placed you in line waiting for an Oath date" but I have my letter in hand already.  I guess the system is just slow to reflect reality.

Outcome

Timeline
12 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

That's really useful, thanks for explaining. I'm trying to prepare as much as possible for my interview on 12 March, and your experience could come in handy. :) 

What did you have to write? 

George Washington was the first President.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.