Jump to content
nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

198 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am creating this thread for October filers as i am going to be one of them. Will be filing online on 10/10/18.


K-1 Journey



2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed


2015 01 22: NOA-2


2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received


2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)


2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.


2015 10 30 : Married :dance:



AOS Journey



11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed


11/07/2015: AOS Delivered


11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received


11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015


11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015


12/10/2015: Biometrics completed


01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"


01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"


01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"


01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS


01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!



:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nompish said:

I am creating this thread for October filers as i am going to be one of them. Will be filing online on 10/10/18.

Thank you for creating this. I was wondering when one would show up. I will be filing for N-400 on 10/16/2018 as well. Lets get this thread some traction. Good luck fellow South African :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I am so pleased this thread has been created, thank you. :) 

 

I spent some time this weekend putting my N400 application together online. Now I'm just waiting for my date to come around - 24 October. 

 

Out of all the immigration applications I've done so far - K1, AOS, i-751 - this one was by far the easiest.

 

I've been practicing the test questions, didn't realise there's a written test as well. 

 

Good luck everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Thank you for creating this. I was wondering when one would show up. I will be filing for N-400 on 10/16/2018 as well. Lets get this thread some traction. Good luck fellow South African :D

lol! our October 2017 removal of conditions thread is basically dead cos nothing ever happens there. At least i hope this thread will be more lively. I went ahead and uploaded everything online already, so i am just waiting to push the submit button on the 10th! countdown!!


K-1 Journey



2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed


2015 01 22: NOA-2


2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received


2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)


2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.


2015 10 30 : Married :dance:



AOS Journey



11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed


11/07/2015: AOS Delivered


11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received


11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015


11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015


12/10/2015: Biometrics completed


01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"


01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"


01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"


01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS


01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!



:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hello! I am so pleased this thread has been created, thank you. :) 

 

I spent some time this weekend putting my N400 application together online. Now I'm just waiting for my date to come around - 24 October. 

 

Out of all the immigration applications I've done so far - K1, AOS, i-751 - this one was by far the easiest.

 

I've been practicing the test questions, didn't realise there's a written test as well. 

 

Good luck everyone! 

hey! this was definitely the easiest package to assemble! it took me a day and over the past few days have uploaded everything and just need to pay and submit when the day comes. Will you be filing online too?


K-1 Journey



2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed


2015 01 22: NOA-2


2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received


2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)


2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.


2015 10 30 : Married :dance:



AOS Journey



11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed


11/07/2015: AOS Delivered


11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received


11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015


11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015


12/10/2015: Biometrics completed


01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"


01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"


01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"


01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS


01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!



:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, nompish said:

hey! this was definitely the easiest package to assemble! it took me a day and over the past few days have uploaded everything and just need to pay and submit when the day comes. Will you be filing online too?

 

Filing online? Absolutely! 

 

I'm curious as to whether there's anything else that's needed once the submission window opens. In my head, it'll be a 5 minute job - pay and go! Would you mind posting what the submission part is like? You're ahead of me, 16 October, right? Not long now. :) 

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

 

Filing online? Absolutely! 

 

I'm curious as to whether there's anything else that's needed once the submission window opens. In my head, it'll be a 5 minute job - pay and go! Would you mind posting what the submission part is like? You're ahead of me, 16 October, right? Not long now. :) 

ok, i will take a screen shot when i do it next Wednesday. I am so looking forward it i cant sit still! i feel like i have been in an immigration rut for 12 months! loL!


K-1 Journey



2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed


2015 01 22: NOA-2


2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received


2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)


2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.


2015 10 30 : Married :dance:



AOS Journey



11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed


11/07/2015: AOS Delivered


11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received


11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015


11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015


12/10/2015: Biometrics completed


01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"


01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"


01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"


01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS


01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!



:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I will be applying for my N-400 on 10/20/2018. I have a question though. I’m applying based on 3 years marriage, I read somewhere that you can apply online only if you are applying after the 5 years mark. Is that true? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nompish said:

ok, i will take a screen shot when i do it next Wednesday. I am so looking forward it i cant sit still! i feel like i have been in an immigration rut for 12 months! loL!

 

Thank you! Yay for the 10th. :)

 

I could write a book about the stress of waiting for my 10-year green card. I started off peachy keen and so enthusiastic. Got my NOA1 within a week or so, cheque was cashed, receipt number in hand and then... nothing!  When I didn't get a biometrics appointment letter I was on the phone with USCIS, which led to various 'my case isn't moving' submissions and eventually an infopass apt at my local immigration office. 

 

When the officer told me nothing was happening with my case, and not to expect movement for at least a year, I started to accept I was in for the long game. And I thought waiting 3.5 months for the 2-year green card was rough. LOL 

 

I still check the app, and every so often I have a look at my case status online, but I'm not expecting anything to happen anytime soon. I reckon at the current processing pace, anytime between March and July 2019 could be my time. But maybe I'll end up being treated as a combi case, and never get the green card and go straight to citizenship.

 

I'll be happy when I can live without being in this system - that would be cool. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, osts1985 said:

Hi all,

 

I will be applying for my N-400 on 10/20/2018. I have a question though. I’m applying based on 3 years marriage, I read somewhere that you can apply online only if you are applying after the 5 years mark. Is that true? 

 

Hello! 

 

I don't think so. I'm applying on the 3-years married option, and have got my online application saved and ready to go. In fact, once you start the application, the system will tell you if you're eligible or not. 

 

I'll post a couple of screen shots so you can see what I mean. 

 

I'm posting a few days after you on 24 Oct and I've been able to save my application, so you should have no problem if you wanted to work on it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

 

Hello! 

 

I don't think so. I'm applying on the 3-years married option, and have got my online application saved and ready to go. In fact, once you start the application, the system will tell you if you're eligible or not. 

 

I'll post a couple of screen shots so you can see what I mean. 

 

I'm posting a few days after you on 24 Oct and I've been able to save my application, so you should have no problem if you wanted to work on it now.

Oh thank you. That’s good news.

 

I will try tomorrow to upload all my documents online. Hopefully it all go well. I got everything ready but not on the online system. 

 

I didnt hear anything from USCIS since November last year. I hope this time is faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'll be filing in October. I don't have a time limit or frame. I could have filed in September for that matter. I am a long term green card holder. Since 1996.  I am just so very nervous about the whole thing that I keep pushing it up. 😧

Next week, I'll do it next week. Sigh. 

 

I got all the docs, its just the actual doing it. I already have it all loaded up online.

 

I am going to be a wreck all the way through. 

 

Procrastination is my middle name 😁

Edited by Alamo Cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

 

Hello! 

 

I don't think so. I'm applying on the 3-years married option, and have got my online application saved and ready to go. In fact, once you start the application, the system will tell you if you're eligible or not. 

 

I'll post a couple of screen shots so you can see what I mean. 

 

I'm posting a few days after you on 24 Oct and I've been able to save my application, so you should have no problem if you wanted to work on it now.

Hello. May I ask?

so your 90 days window is Oct 24? And you already fill out all the information?

I will filling my on Oct 30. Can I start it now?

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I believe you can get your N400 application ready to go now as it will be saved online for 30 days. That covers you from today (3 Oct) to 2 Nov - so you should be good to hit submit come 30 Oct. 

 

I've checked all my info is still there and ready to go when my 90 day window opens on 24 Oct. And so far so good. :) 

 

Thanks again for creating this thread @nompish, great to have support with the next stage in this process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×