2,200 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, lolita88 said:

Can't they ask for proof that you are legally authorized to work in the US? If your work permit expired, aren't they able to ask for new paperwork?

Actually they have the right to ask for work authorization documents, otherwise Everyone (undocumented included) could just easily be hired in the USA. 

There is a difference between rejecting a form of work permit and asking for a valid work permit. 

And filing documents with the uscis isn't enough to prove or grant a legal status. The uscis still have to provide a document testifying that the Alien is legal or authorized to work, that's why applicants receive either a NOA1 or a stamp.

Without these proofs, I'm inviting you to dare travel outside the USA. I don't think the immigration officers at the airport would just easily let you back in because you simply filed a ROC, without them challenging you. That's the same for work too. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
11 hours ago, Malauriea said:

Actually they have the right to ask for work authorization documents, otherwise Everyone (undocumented included) could just easily be hired in the USA. 

There is a difference between rejecting a form of work permit and asking for a valid work permit. 

And filing documents with the uscis isn't enough to prove or grant a legal status. The uscis still have to provide a document testifying that the Alien is legal or authorized to work, that's why applicants receive either a NOA1 or a stamp.

Without these proofs, I'm inviting you to dare travel outside the USA. I don't think the immigration officers at the airport would just easily let you back in because you simply filed a ROC, without them challenging you. That's the same for work too. 

Definitely. They have to, legally, verify that the people they hire are able to work in the U.S.

I've seen people post here about their employers not initially understanding the NOA1 because they haven't seen one before, etc, so you definitely have every right to push back on that and assert your rights - they can't fire you or discriminate because you have the NOA1and your green card has expired. However, they have a right to ask to see proof that you are still in status.

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
20 hours ago, Malauriea said:

That´s what I thought. But someone said that they aren't allowed to ask for immigration documents, that it's illegal... So I got confused.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well, here is an update for y'all, I got an inform delivery this morning of a letter coming from USCIS, I was over excited as I thought my NOA hardcopy is finally here after 2 months plus. Unfortunately, I was wrong, the letter came, and it was just to tell me that I don't have to do any other biometric, and that I won't be getting bio notice. They said, they have used my previous biometric and that another capturing is not necessary. The letter also stated that biometric fees won't be refunded. I guess they've completely forgot about my NOA extension, my GC expires next week, glad I made an appointment for infopass already. I hope to get my passport stamped. At least, I am sure they are working on my case, I won't get myself worked up over this extension letter anymore, they claimed, they've mailed it out since 10/22....it never came in mail till this minute, but no more worries, I will update y'all once I get my passport stamped.

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone with a receipt number that still doesn't work on the USCIS case status link? It works on the my USCIS link but still only says we've received your case. We've already gotten the extension letter and done the biometrics but I just think it's odd that there's no updates on the electronic system. We have an EAC receipt number.

Thanks!

Removal of Conditions

Package sent via FedEx - 10/01/18

Package delivered to Dallas Field Office/Received Date - 10/04/18

Text notification that case was received in Vermont - 10/10/18

NOA Dated - 10/19/18

NOA Received - 10/25/18

Biometrics Letter Dated - 11/02/18

Biometrics Letter Received - 11/10/18

Biometrics Appointment - 11/20/18

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 hours ago, rfi087 said:

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone with a receipt number that still doesn't work on the USCIS case status link? It works on the my USCIS link but still only says we've received your case. We've already gotten the extension letter and done the biometrics but I just think it's odd that there's no updates on the electronic system. We have an EAC receipt number.

Thanks!

Hey! Also an EAC receipt number.

I would recommend making an account if you haven't already (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/). The day after my husband had his biometrics appointment, the case status updated there to "fingerprints review complete" however, when I check on the regular USCIS Case Status tracker (not via the account, https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/), it still identifies the status as "fingerprints fee received." Strange that there would be a discrepancy there, but anyways, if you haven't made an account I would recommend doing so.

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

22 hours ago, lolita88 said:

That´s what I thought. But someone said that they aren't allowed to ask for immigration documents, that it's illegal... So I got confused.

Think about, we live in a country where immigration law is dominating the entire system. Asking for immigration status is the first thing any "legit" employer must do to comply with the law. It's not illegal. 

However, it would be illegal to discriminate based on immigration status, for instance refusing to hire someone because he has a extension letter and the company doesn't want to consider that as a valid document. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, rfi087 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Mine does work on USCIS case status link, and it shows update that fingerprint review was completed. I did not get fingerprint notice though, but the sent me an email that they used my previous fingerprint in their system. I haven't receive the extension till now, I got an infopass and would go get a stamp

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

And the processing times have gone up again for LIN. 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

not sure for other centers. I wish I was EAC now. 

LIN: 16.5-23.5 MONTHS

SRC: 16-20.5 MONTHS

EAC: 15.5-18.5 MONTHS

WAC:15.5-21.5 MONTHS

Edited by alexpop13

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

6 hours ago, alexpop13 said:

And the processing times have gone up again for LIN. 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

not sure for other centers. I wish I was EAC now. 

LIN: 16.5-23.5 MONTHS

SRC: 16-20.5 MONTHS

EAC: 15.5-18.5 MONTHS

WAC:15.5-21.5 MONTHS

My personal opinion:

These processing times don't really matter. They don't change applicants rights compare to those who have the actual green Card. Some have extension letters or stamped and other have 10 years green card. But everybody gets the same rights and obligations.

Plus, these processing times don't stop applicants to file for naturalization when they meet their early filing requirements. Which is a positive booster to adjudicate the i751 in a combo interview. 

Most i751 applicants end up their immigration journey becoming US citizens, instead of just getting the 10 years green card. 

So I think,  no matter how long these processing times are going to be, becoming a US citizen should be most applicants final goal, instead of just hoping to get a 10 years green card first. That's just my opinion. 

Hey, guys!  Finally got my 18 months extension in the mail.  12 days after I placed a case inquiry for non-delivery of NOA.  The letter was dated 12/14 (same day as they closed my case inquiry) but sent the mail out on 12/17.

Hope you’d get your NOA soon, those who haven’t yet.  Keep pushing USCIS to look into your case until they send the NOA or whatever it is you’ve been waiting for.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

AOS, EAD, AP

06/18/2016 - I-130, AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/20/2016 - Package received

06/30/2016 - (4) Text notifications received; online status available

07/03/2016 - (4) NOA1s received w/ notice date of 06/29/16

07/11/2016 - Biometrics appointment notice received (appointment date: 07/18/2016)

07/18/2016 - Done with biometrics in 15-20mins.

08/03/2016 - Received text message that I-485 online status changed (RFIE received)

08/08/2016 - RFIE (yellow paper) hard copy for I-485 received

09/23/2016 - RFIE Response sent

09/27/2016 - NBC received RFIE response (I-485 online status changed)

10/10/2016 - Filed SR for EAD & AP to update status (day 112 from RD)

10/14/2016 - Online status for I-485 updated to "Interview is Scheduled" for 11/16/16.

10/17/2016 - Received Interview Notice (dated 10/12/16)

10/22/2016 - Received hard copy of response to SR stating EAD will be processed w/in 90 days of evidence receipt (dated 10/19/16).

10/25/2016 - Online status for EAD changed to "New Card is Being Produced" and AP status changed to "Case Approved"

10/31/2016 - I-797 hard copy for EAD & AP received

11/04/2016 - EAD online status changed to "Card was Mailed to Me" (text notification received)

11/08/2016 - Combo card received (text message received)

11/16/2016 - Interviewed at 8:35am and got approved on the spot. Online status updated to "New Card is Being Produced" and I-130 updated to "Case Approved."

11/22/2016 - Received NOA2 (I-797) hard copy for both I-130 and I-485.

11/23/2016 - Text message received/Status changed - "Card was mailed to me"

11/26/2016 - Green card received.

ROC

07/23/2018 - NOA for 120 Day Reminder Notice to Apply I-751 received in the mail

10/25/2018 - Sent I-751 application to Texas SC (with G-1145)

10/28/2018 - USCIS received ROC application

11/02/2018 - Receipt number received from USCIS thru text and case sent to Nebraska office.

Don’t know if any Texas SRC allocated folks  (who have filled their i751 after the 20th of October) have got their 18 months NOA1 or biometric appointment letters. I’ve put in an e request on the 7th of December and it showed up on the tracker as assigned to an officer but yesterday I can see the same message but with a date of 20th of December - does that mean the first assignment wasn’t really an assignment and now on the 20th hopefully they have assigned it to an actual person.

1 hour ago, GaiaAlan said:

Don’t know if any Texas SRC allocated folks  (who have filled their i751 after the 20th of October) have got their 18 months NOA1 or biometric appointment letters. I’ve put in an e request on the 7th of December and it showed up on the tracker as assigned to an officer but yesterday I can see the same message but with a date of 20th of December - does that mean the first assignment wasn’t really an assignment and now on the 20th hopefully they have assigned it to an actual person.

Same thing happened to me.  I placed an e-request on 12/8 and it says waiting to be assigned to an officer.  They then changed the date on 12/14 which is also when they took action and eventually closed the case inquiry.  Nowhere in my USCIS account does it say that I made an e-request on 12/8.  I now have my NOA on hand, hopefully you will get yours very soon.

AOS, EAD, AP

06/18/2016 - I-130, AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/20/2016 - Package received

06/30/2016 - (4) Text notifications received; online status available

07/03/2016 - (4) NOA1s received w/ notice date of 06/29/16

07/11/2016 - Biometrics appointment notice received (appointment date: 07/18/2016)

07/18/2016 - Done with biometrics in 15-20mins.

08/03/2016 - Received text message that I-485 online status changed (RFIE received)

08/08/2016 - RFIE (yellow paper) hard copy for I-485 received

09/23/2016 - RFIE Response sent

09/27/2016 - NBC received RFIE response (I-485 online status changed)

10/10/2016 - Filed SR for EAD & AP to update status (day 112 from RD)

10/14/2016 - Online status for I-485 updated to "Interview is Scheduled" for 11/16/16.

10/17/2016 - Received Interview Notice (dated 10/12/16)

10/22/2016 - Received hard copy of response to SR stating EAD will be processed w/in 90 days of evidence receipt (dated 10/19/16).

10/25/2016 - Online status for EAD changed to "New Card is Being Produced" and AP status changed to "Case Approved"

10/31/2016 - I-797 hard copy for EAD & AP received

11/04/2016 - EAD online status changed to "Card was Mailed to Me" (text notification received)

11/08/2016 - Combo card received (text message received)

11/16/2016 - Interviewed at 8:35am and got approved on the spot. Online status updated to "New Card is Being Produced" and I-130 updated to "Case Approved."

11/22/2016 - Received NOA2 (I-797) hard copy for both I-130 and I-485.

11/23/2016 - Text message received/Status changed - "Card was mailed to me"

11/26/2016 - Green card received.

ROC

07/23/2018 - NOA for 120 Day Reminder Notice to Apply I-751 received in the mail

10/25/2018 - Sent I-751 application to Texas SC (with G-1145)

10/28/2018 - USCIS received ROC application

11/02/2018 - Receipt number received from USCIS thru text and case sent to Nebraska office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.