2,200 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hik07 said:

Where did you inquire about this? do you have the email address. Its been 63 days for me no bio appointment , I did receive my Noa 1(I-797) a few weeks ago.

We did an inquiry online for non-delivery. We just wanted them to look into our file and reassure us that we didn't miss any biometric appointment cos we never received a notice. 

It's known that not all applicants have a biometric appointment for the i751 proccess. So, now we'll let the process go and move on with our life til we apply for naturalization. 

Good luck to you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Malauriea said:

We did an inquiry online for non-delivery. We just wanted them to look into our file and reassure us that we didn't miss any biometric appointment cos we never received a notice. 

It's known that not all applicants have a biometric appointment for the i751 proccess. So, now we'll let the process go and move on with our life til we apply for naturalization. 

Good luck to you!

Thank you, I did the same thing for my NOA1 submitted a nondelivery email... I tried again for the no biometrics appointment letter but they said I cant do it again since I’ve already submitted an inquiry for the NOA1 when I tried online it rejected my request for non delivery...There are no other ways to submit an inquiry about biometrics appointment except phone call, Or wait it out, which I thought about doing but a little nervous since I didn’t get my NOA1(i797) until I made a non delivery  inquiry.

Timeline

03/09/2016: I-130 Sent
03/11/2016: USPS Delivery Confirmation
03/15/2016: NOA1 text/E-mail
03/17/2016: NOA1 I-797 by reg. mail ( PD date 03/11/2016 )

06/17/2016: NOA2 Received text and email

06/28/2016: NVC received

07/11/2016:Submit DS-261

07/12/2016: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill

07/13/2016: Receive IV bill and paid IV bill

07/14/2016: Sent package IV package

07/15/2016: DS-260 released and completed

07/15/2016: Scan date

08/16/2016: Case Complete

08/18/2016: Received interview letter today interview scheduled for /09/28/2016

09/28/2016: Interviewed and approved !

10/01/2018: Filed I-751to remove conditions

10/09/2018: Received Text saying case received  ( Nebraska )

10/10/2018 Check cashed

11/19/2018: Received the 18 month extension letter in mail 

07/02/2019: Biometric Appointment.

09/09/2019: Received notice new card is being produced

09/16/2016: Received 10 year Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Hik07 said:

Thank you, I did the same thing for my NOA1 submitted a nondelivery email... I tried again for the no biometrics appointment letter but they said I cant do it again since I’ve already submitted an inquiry for the NOA1 when I tried online it rejected my request for non delivery...There are no other ways to submit an inquiry about biometrics appointment except phone call, Or wait it out, which I thought about doing but a little nervous since I didn’t get my NOA1(i797) until I made a non delivery  inquiry.

I think it is just taking longer for uscis to process all the applications. I have not called or submitted any inquiry and I still received the letter at the same time as others with similar timeline.

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 hours ago, lntdenver said:

I think it is just taking longer for uscis to process all the applications. I have not called or submitted any inquiry and I still received the letter at the same time as others with similar timeline.

Definitely. I sent in an inquiry on Dec 7th, but I got the NOA1 on Dec 11th with a NOA1 date listed as Dec 6th. When my husband went for his biometrics appointment, the officer told me there is a huge backlog and that many have not received their letters. 

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Timeline

I just learned about some new guidance for USCIS officers regarding interviews for the I-751...

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-form-i-751

The main body of that post is this:

Generally, USCIS officers must interview a conditional permanent resident who is the principal petitioner on a Form I-751, unless the interview is waived. This guidance explains that officers may consider waiving an interview if they are satisfied that:

• They can make a decision based on the record because it contains sufficient evidence about the bona fides of the marriage and that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade U.S. immigration laws;
  • For Form I-751 cases received on or after December 10, 2018, USCIS has previously interviewed the principal petitioner;
  • There is no indication of fraud or misrepresentation in the Form I-751 or the supporting documentation; and
  • There are no complex facts or issues that require an interview to resolve.

So, do we think that bullet point 2 means that if you didn't get an AOS interview and you're sending your I-751 on or after Dec 10, 2018 they will make you have an interview regardless? I guess it doesn't matter for those of us in this forum given the filing change....but does anyone know about whether the interview was required if the petitioner did not have an AOS interview before? 

I-751

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Z@f said:

Jcra615 when did you send i751 and to which center?

Here is my full timeline. It is at the Vermont Service Center:

I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, jcra615 said:

I just learned about some new guidance for USCIS officers regarding interviews for the I-751...

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-form-i-751

The main body of that post is this:

Generally, USCIS officers must interview a conditional permanent resident who is the principal petitioner on a Form I-751, unless the interview is waived. This guidance explains that officers may consider waiving an interview if they are satisfied that:

• They can make a decision based on the record because it contains sufficient evidence about the bona fides of the marriage and that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade U.S. immigration laws;
  • For Form I-751 cases received on or after December 10, 2018, USCIS has previously interviewed the principal petitioner;
  • There is no indication of fraud or misrepresentation in the Form I-751 or the supporting documentation; and
  • There are no complex facts or issues that require an interview to resolve.

So, do we think that bullet point 2 means that if you didn't get an AOS interview and you're sending your I-751 on or after Dec 10, 2018 they will make you have an interview regardless? I guess it doesn't matter for those of us in this forum given the filing change....but does anyone know about whether the interview was required if the petitioner did not have an AOS interview before? 

That is correct. In some cases (while rare) the case officer may decide that even biometrics are not needed. I know of only 1 person with that case.  Many get interviews while some go directly to approved or denied. Some may get RFE.  Just keep an eye out, download the case app, make an account. and call at least once a month. While the guys on the phone are often inaccurate, you will get some piece of mind. The process is exceedingly long now days. Just be patient and good luck to everyone.

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 10:55 PM, Malauriea said:

Update: WAC California center,  file received on 10/31. we inquired about a BIOMETRIC appointment and this what the uscis responded to us: 

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice.  Be advised that USCIS may be able to reuse the previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics for some applicants and have their biometrics copied into our systems.  In addition, USCIS can run the same security checks and use the same biometric data as in the past and may not need to schedule an additional biometrics appointment.  However, if a biometric appointment is necessary, USCIS will schedule your appointment electronically and mail the appointment notice to your current mailing address. The biometrics fee will not be refunded".

So, just waiting for spring 2019 to apply for naturalization. 

Good luck to Everyone!!!!

Hello! I just made a call to ask for my biometrics. When can you start with naturalization? How many months before your green card timeline?

Hi Everyone! 

I submitted my package on the 24th of October. Haven't received my NOA with extension letter (they sent it but it was never delivered).

My green card is expiring on the 12/21 (next week, eeeeek). I have called USCIS a number of times, and they have been really unhelpful, they just told me to put in a service request, so they can send a duplicate. My job is asking me proof of my legal status, and wont let me work after the 12/21. I live in a state where the USCIS field office doesn't take walk-in appointments or schedule infopass appointments (there is only one). I manage to schedule an appointment next week at a USCIS office in the neighbouring state. Will they stamp my passport, as I am out of state, and extend my legal status in the country?

Thanks!

Is it possible to make your own biometrics appt?  My husband and step son generally go back to their country during the winter (off season from work) but we haven't purchased plane tickets waiting on the biometrics appt.  We have the NOA1 and passport stamps for extensions.  My husband is getting all antsy in his pantsy.  The family house in his country had some earthquake damage that he needs time to fix before our season starts up again in March.  

Thanks all! 

5 hours ago, grancanario said:

Hi Everyone! 

I submitted my package on the 24th of October. Haven't received my NOA with extension letter (they sent it but it was never delivered).

My green card is expiring on the 12/21 (next week, eeeeek). I have called USCIS a number of times, and they have been really unhelpful, they just told me to put in a service request, so they can send a duplicate. My job is asking me proof of my legal status, and wont let me work after the 12/21. I live in a state where the USCIS field office doesn't take walk-in appointments or schedule infopass appointments (there is only one). I manage to schedule an appointment next week at a USCIS office in the neighbouring state. Will they stamp my passport, as I am out of state, and extend my legal status in the country?

Thanks!

It is illegal for your work to be asking you for proof of legal status. They do not have the rights. Your submission of ROC is proof enough. Contact your local labor department.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:12 PM, Hik07 said:

You should call the uscis via phone and ask them to submit an inquiry for your Biometric. Ask to talk to a tier 2 if the first one can't help you. 

Keep in mind, calling uscis is really overwhelming, requires a lot of patience to wait on the line. Good luck 

Edited by Malauriea

On 12/11/2018 at 9:27 PM, htcar said:

Hello all,

It been two months since the check is cashed. I got no NOA, or bio letter from USCIS. Called 3 times, no one can find my files. My green card is expired. How should I do? Please help.

I sent it to Arizona Lockbox

Thank you

Did you receive a text message with your receipt? Did you ask to be transferred to a tier 2 or a supervisor when you called (because you can ask for it)?  Did you book for an infopass to see an officer in person? Is it a lawyer work? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.