hashtagme

Expedite naturalization b/c military spouse overseas - questions

136 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hopeforthebest said:

Hey so I got an interview notice and it says I need my husbands birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship. I sent in a copy of it with my n-400 application. Do I still need to bring the original? I have the original and copies of everything in my folder. I’m trying to offload some paperwork lol. See what is necessary and what’s not.

second question: traveling back to Germany, will I need a sofa stamp or just my orders and passport? 

I brought my husbands birth certificate, but no one asked for it. 

If you get approved and naturalized, you can’t leave the US without an US passport. I got mine within 24 hours in Washington with showing the travel documents and  I had orders on me also. I flew out of the US on American passport and scanned the German one (if you were able to keep your German citizenship) while crossing into Germany. They didn’t stamp my passports 

Good luck! 🍀 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
49 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

I brought my husbands birth certificate, but no one asked for it. 

If you get approved and naturalized, you can’t leave the US without an US passport. I got mine within 24 hours in Washington with showing the travel documents and  I had orders on me also. I flew out of the US on American passport and scanned the German one (if you were able to keep your German citizenship) while crossing into Germany. They didn’t stamp my passports 

Good luck! 🍀 😊

Thanks! So, I am basically traveling back with everything plus the American passport. That’s what I was wondering. I just wanted to make sure I’m prepared. I’m sooo nervous about everything. 

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

6 minutes ago, Hopeforthebest said:

Thanks! So, I am basically traveling back with everything plus the American passport. That’s what I was wondering. I just wanted to make sure I’m prepared. I’m sooo nervous about everything. 

I know that feeling.. I travelled with easily 5lbs of paperwork but needed 2 or 3 sheets only. But I wanted to be sure to have everything possible they could ask for. 

It‘ll be ok! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I am happy to say that my process is finally over.

Timeline: 319b 

Priority Date: May 20, 2019

Biometrics received: June 18, 2019 (I did not include them because I had a pending i-751 & thought that fingerprints would work for both).

Interview Scheduled: September 11, 2019
Interview: September 23, 2019
Oath Ceremony: September 26, 2019

The interview was pretty straight forward, I did a combo interview so he first went over my application for the ROC (i-751) then he asked me questions about my marriage and he stamped an approval. Next I took an oath to swear to tell the truth and he confirmed my n-400 application and he only asked to see the orders with my name on it out of the entire folder I brought (not even my plane tickets). He then conducted the test which he asked:

1. If the president can no longer serve, who becomes President?

2. If both the president and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

3. When was the constitution written?

4. Name one American Indian tribe in the United States.

5. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?

6. Who did the United States fight in World War II?

Then he went over the yes/no questions and went to his supervisor to see if they could approve both and get me into a same day naturalization ceremony. Unfortunately, they couldn't but the fit me in the same week! Either way, I am happy it is all over, I applied for my passport right after and got it expedited. Good luck to everyone still in the process. If you are military affiliated please do not hesitate to use militaryinfo@uscis.dhs.gov. I emailed them because I felt it was taking long and I was already in the States visiting family. Within one week they sent me an email to choose a date and time. 

My family had a chance to video my ceremony and send it to my husband. It was a happy day. I am still very excited. 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

5 hours ago, JaMerican_2019 said:

I am happy to say that my process is finally over.

Timeline: 319b 

Priority Date: May 20, 2019

Biometrics received: June 18, 2019 (I did not include them because I had a pending i-751 & thought that fingerprints would work for both).

Interview Scheduled: September 11, 2019
Interview: September 23, 2019
Oath Ceremony: September 26, 2019

The interview was pretty straight forward, I did a combo interview so he first went over my application for the ROC (i-751) then he asked me questions about my marriage and he stamped an approval. Next I took an oath to swear to tell the truth and he confirmed my n-400 application and he only asked to see the orders with my name on it out of the entire folder I brought (not even my plane tickets). He then conducted the test which he asked:

1. If the president can no longer serve, who becomes President?

2. If both the president and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

3. When was the constitution written?

4. Name one American Indian tribe in the United States.

5. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?

6. Who did the United States fight in World War II?

Then he went over the yes/no questions and went to his supervisor to see if they could approve both and get me into a same day naturalization ceremony. Unfortunately, they couldn't but the fit me in the same week! Either way, I am happy it is all over, I applied for my passport right after and got it expedited. Good luck to everyone still in the process. If you are military affiliated please do not hesitate to use militaryinfo@uscis.dhs.gov. I emailed them because I felt it was taking long and I was already in the States visiting family. Within one week they sent me an email to choose a date and time. 

My family had a chance to video my ceremony and send it to my husband. It was a happy day. I am still very excited. 

CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So I worked on the N-400 application but a few things are still unclear to me and I hope you guys can help:

Do I include the fingerprints or biometrics with the application package (when sending if off the first time) or (2) do I have to wait for them to receive it and then react?

I am really struggling with all the admin.

And what did you write in your cover letter? And how did you organize the content? Did you use paper clips?

Edited by R&OC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, R&OC said:

So I worked on the N-400 application but a few things are still unclear to me and I hope you guys can help:

Do I include the fingerprints or biometrics with the application package (when sending if off the first time) or (2) do I have to wait for them to receive it and then react?

And what did you write in your cover letter? And how did you organize the content? Did you use paper clips?

I sent my fingerprints envelope with my first package! Its only if you are outside of US, like I am Germany right now. Even my first package was returned because of some mistakes in application, they unsealed the fingerprints envelope, I still putted that envelope back and sent it that way. Fingerprints were still ok, and in month or little bit more I got a notification that my fingerprints were accepted. 

6 hours ago, R&OC said:

I sent mine with the application too. They were never received they said (don’t know how that’s possible since they were in the same envelope) so I had to get them done again and sent separately. When I was at the interview they said they could see the prints but couldn’t pull them up- so I had to do them again in their own fingerprints/passport office same day.

i did the fingerprints in Germany on a military installation with the security officer, they were free 

My coverletter was short, basically just saying who I am and what I’m sending in and why

good luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Timeline
On 11/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, R&OC said:

If u are currently overseas then send it with the original packet. I waited until they sent me the biometrics letter and I was delayed by a month. If u want everything completed quickly then send it in with the original. I will send you my cover letter later for reference if I can find it. I used paperclips to keep everything organized. 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

Timeline
On 11/24/2019 at 2:24 PM, R&OC said:

Okay, thank you for your feedback Aqualika - did you have a hard time to make an appointment for biometrics? I mean, did you have to wait long?

For the fingerprints, you should have a “Security & Fingerprinting office” on your base. You will have to contact them to either make an appointment or find out the walk-in hours.

Just google the name of your base and then security and fingerprinting for example, if u are in Grafenwohr, type in Grafenwohr security and fingerprinting on google and you will see a website with a number to call. 

Edited by JaMerican_2019

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

Timeline
On 11/24/2019 at 5:35 AM, R&OC said:

This is the cover letter that I used 

Cover letter uscis.pdf

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks to everyone - this has been an extremely busy and challenging year and I truly, truly appreciate everyone's help and patience. You are all wonderful.

I finally mailed off the whole package today. And while I was driving home, I got scared because I thought I didn't sign it. Can't change it now anyways. It is what it is and I do believe, I signed it. I am usually not that nervous or unorganised at all.

Hopefully all will turn out well.

4 hours ago, R&OC said:

Thanks to everyone - this has been an extremely busy and challenging year and I truly, truly appreciate everyone's help and patience. You are all wonderful.

I finally mailed off the whole package today. And while I was driving home, I got scared because I thought I didn't sign it. Can't change it now anyways. It is what it is and I do believe, I signed it. I am usually not that nervous or unorganised at all.

Hopefully all will turn out well.

Good luck!! It’ll be ok. I know the nervous feeling. It’ll come and go. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well and quick! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

not sure if USCIS has already reviewed my application but the biometrics are accepted it seems. My USCIS account information says they are actively reviewing my application.

Let's hope all goes well. My husband and I are trying to plan for the whole family to come along to DC this summer. For those of you who filed via Fairfax, I am right to assume they slot your oath ceremony right after OR soon after the interview, right? So we wouldn't have to fly back again from overseas? How long did you wait until your interview invite was send out? I am slightly concerned that we are getting our mail really late due to our APO box.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.