hashtagme

Expedite naturalization b/c military spouse overseas - questions

136 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

it is not just a case status. You should receive a second letter after filing your application, where there would be a code and the instruction how to create an account. When you log into your account, you can see your documents that you sent and your scanned fingerprints should be also there. if you didn't specify on your application that you filed under 319b. Then they expect you to be for biometrics in the states. I hope you did specify.

So if you did create an account and log into it, then you should see "my account'' at the top right corner, you hover over it and see the dialogue window with inbox. See the screenshot attached.

uscis account inbox.png

Thank you

I did file under 319b and it was written on the cover letter we sent with the application. 

I did receive a letter ‚receipt‘ with my receipt number but not a code- it only says to verify my personal information  ... i created an account and added that receipt number and there under my status but i don’t have any code or such.. 

We also checked the box on the N400 that we file under 319b. Where else would I write that? 

40 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

it is not just a case status. You should receive a second letter after filing your application, where there would be a code and the instruction how to create an account. When you log into your account, you can see your documents that you sent and your scanned fingerprints should be also there. if you didn't specify on your application that you filed under 319b. Then they expect you to be for biometrics in the states. I hope you did specify.

So if you did create an account and log into it, then you should see "my account'' at the top right corner, you hover over it and see the dialogue window with inbox. See the screenshot attached.

uscis account inbox.png

Ok so i found where to create that account- it’s a different one that just for case status. I didn’t even that existed. I created one and now it needs to code they never sent to me 😕 

I don’t know why. 

I will give them a call and request a new one. Sigh. All this is making my stomach turn. 

1 hour ago, hashtagme said:

Thank you

I did file under 319b and it was written on the cover letter we sent with the application. 

I did receive a letter ‚receipt‘ with my receipt number but not a code- it only says to verify my personal information  ... i created an account and added that receipt number and there under my status but i don’t have any code or such.. 

We also checked the box on the N400 that we file under 319b. Where else would I write that? 

you did everything correct then!

try to contact them about your account, they should provide you with a code.

Just now, Lenchick said:

you did everything correct then!

try to contact them about your account, they should provide you with a code.

Thank you very much. I already wrote them over my account and requested a code. 

All this is so frustrating and nerve wrecking. But I try to stay positive :) <== my positive smiling face lol 

thank you for your help!

On 1/29/2019 at 12:10 AM, R&OC said:

Isn't there a USCIS office in Frankfurt? Would they be able to help?

Yes, I wrote an email to them. But the representative at USCIS opened a request for service for me and it’s already assigned to an officer. So now I’m just waiting on the response. Someone received my fingerprints and signed for them at their place so they gotta be somewhere .. 

Just now, R&OC said:

Forget my last post, dear all! I am going through severe amnesia, it seems. 

5 minutes ago, R&OC said:

I have a question for you all as I am getting confused by someone in my circle of friends here in the US: with a spouse being on their husbands overseas orders, the residency requirement of three years can be waived, right? I am not dreaming this? I am doubting myself these days because I am getting so much pushback.

If they live overseas on military orders command sponsored the time they live there counts as ‘living in the US’

also, depending on the case there’s an expedite option to get naturalized.

11 hours ago, hashtagme said:

If they live overseas on military orders command sponsored the time they live there counts as ‘living in the US’

Command sponsored doesn't have anything to do with it. There is a law and it's listed who can apply under 319b. It can be also just an American company located overseas provided there are certain requirements met. 

12 hours ago, hashtagme said:

I mean you only said about militaries. My point was that there are bunch of other people who are not militaries and not command sponsored and they can still apply under 319b if conditions met. It might be not always a commander who authorizes dependents to accompany. 

there is a list that says whose spouses can apply 

C. Qualifying Employment Abroad

Qualifying employment abroad means to be under employment contract or orders and to assume the duties of employment in any of following entities or positions: [12]

Government of the United States (including the U.S. armed forces);

American institution of research recognized as such by the Attorney General; [13]

American firm or corporation engaged in whole or in part in the development of foreign trade and commerce of the United States, or a subsidiary thereof;

Public international organization in which the United States participates by treaty or statute; [14]

Authorized to perform the ministerial or priestly functions of a religious denomination having a bona fide organization within the United States; or

Engaged solely as a missionary by a religious denomination or by an interdenominational mission organization having a bona fide organization within the United States.

Edited by Lenchick

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, 

I am currently waiting for my AoS, and I plan to Expedite my Naturalization because my Husband is currently stationed in Germany.

I have a question, does my husband need to be Naturalized Citizen for atleast 3 years before I can Apply to be Naturalized under 319(b)?

Or can I Apply to be Naturalized as soon as I get my Green Card?

I am just confused regarding this Eligibility Requirement.😁

25 minutes ago, Artemiss said:

Hello All, 

I am currently waiting for my AoS, and I plan to Expedite my Naturalization because my Husband is currently stationed in Germany.

I have a question, does my husband need to be Naturalized Citizen for atleast 3 years before I can Apply to be Naturalized under 319(b)?

Or can I Apply to be Naturalized as soon as I get my Green Card?

I am just confused regarding this Eligibility Requirement.😁

If your husband is active duty and you are going to naturalize in the US consulate in Germany, then he will have to be a US citizen for 3 years and you need to be a resident for free years, if you want to fly for the interview to the US, then No. Are you stateside? You need to be on your husband's orders to go through Expedited Naturalization, he needs to have at least 1 year left from the date you file the application and it should be PDS not TDY

Here is the link for you

military spouses -https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartI-Chapter9.html#S-B

319(b)-https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartG-Chapter4.html#footnote-8

Thank you for confirming!😀 Yes I am currently stateside and my Husband is Active Duty on PDS for 3 years to Germany only last December. I am already on his Orders, we are just waiting for my greencard. I plan to Apply online once I have my GC and just fly for my Interview later. Such a relief to know it is possible!

Thanks so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.