hashtagme

Expedite naturalization b/c military spouse overseas - questions

136 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Hi Hashtagme - do you have any news or updates? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hello

no real updates. Online it says ‘on Feb 12 we are actively reviewing your application’ and it’s been saying that since Feb12. Then they just changed the date to March 27 but still actively reviewing. 

Just have to be patient I guess.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, R&OC said:

Hi Hashtagme - do you have any news or updates? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hey :) 

news news news! :D

i was granted keeping my German citizenship once I get naturalized :) 

also, they scheduled me for my N400 interview in June. I am so nervous! 

Hope all is well with you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, hashtagme said:

Hey :) 

news news news! :D

i was granted keeping my German citizenship once I get naturalized :) 

also, they scheduled me for my N400 interview in June. I am so nervous! 

Hope all is well with you! 

These are great news... When did you hand in your BBG? Just now? Via Cologne or your local city representation? 

So happy for you... my BBG is still ongoing and I have no clue how long it will take.

36 minutes ago, R&OC said:

These are great news... When did you hand in your BBG? Just now? Via Cologne or your local city representation? 

So happy for you... my BBG is still ongoing and I have no clue how long it will take.

Hello!

i received notice about approval maybe 4 weeks ago and had to pick it up at the district administration (Kreisverwaltung). It came from Trier. 

It didn’t take long really, I think maybe 8 weeks, I was really surprised because I was expecting it to be way longer. But I guess it’s more countryside here and maybe not many people filing for it.

Good luck to you! I hope it comes soon!

Im so very nervous for my interview - I’m just hoping all my paperwork was good and that they checked it all before inviting me. 

:) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 9:49 AM, hashtagme said:

Hello!

i received notice about approval maybe 4 weeks ago and had to pick it up at the district administration (Kreisverwaltung). It came from Trier. 

It didn’t take long really, I think maybe 8 weeks, I was really surprised because I was expecting it to be way longer. But I guess it’s more countryside here and maybe not many people filing for it.

Good luck to you! I hope it comes soon!

Im so very nervous for my interview - I’m just hoping all my paperwork was good and that they checked it all before inviting me. 

:) 

Hashtagme, this is awesome and I am so glad all is working out smoothly. May I ask you if you had a lawyer helping you out or did you write you own applicationß And what was your argument for maintaining the German citizenship / needing the US one? I heard they turn down about 99% of all applications made in Germany but I already know a few people who didn't have any problems at all. And in fact do not personally know anyone who had.

20 hours ago, R&OC said:

Hashtagme, this is awesome and I am so glad all is working out smoothly. May I ask you if you had a lawyer helping you out or did you write you own applicationß And what was your argument for maintaining the German citizenship / needing the US one? I heard they turn down about 99% of all applications made in Germany but I already know a few people who didn't have any problems at all. And in fact do not personally know anyone who had.

Hello :)

i did it myself, no lawyer. The reasons I put down were 

-having kids from a previous marriage with the father living in Germany, 2 kids are a minor.

-my dad isn’t in good health and I need to be able to stay with him longer to take care of him if it’s getting worse.

-other reasons  you read in forums like keeping the right to vote and close ties to family here etc.

-my job situation wouldn’t be easy if I lost German citizenship, I might have lost my job.

I wrote a long list.

I heard that property in Germany or owning a business is accepted as reasons too but I don’t have that. 

I explained my situation why I need US citizenship too. Don’t know what in the end made them approve it but I’m happy they did. The guy who I dropped off my application with told me that it most likely will get denied. But whoever approved it thought differently. :D 

Good luck to you - keeping my fingers crossed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 6:53 PM, hashtagme said:

Hello all

so i resent fingerprints, digitally done this time. They said they didn’t receive the first ones at the facility that is responsible for my case now. Which is in Missouri. Now I saw online that they rescheduled me for a bio interview (which basically means -when filing overseas- that something else was missing). We assume it’s the pictures that were with the first fingerprints. I guess they didn’t make it to Missouri either. I’ll have to wait for the letter to come to see what it really is. So far the case is moving quickly, its just unfortunate that not everything made it to where it needs to be. But we’re hoping the rest goes quickly too.

Hi, 

I am also filing in Germany under section 319b. I want to know how you did the fingerprints digitally? I fear they will also send me a notice for biometrics soon since I am overseas. I only just now received my NOA & IOE #. I just want to have an idea of what to do next. 

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Just now, Hopeforthebest said:

Hi, 

I am also filing in Germany under section 319b. I want to know how you did the fingerprints digitally? I fear they will also send me a notice for biometrics soon since I am overseas. I only just now received my NOA & IOE #. I just want to have an idea of what to do next. 

Hello

calling it digitally was probably the wrong expression, more like electronically scanned - on a little machine and the lady printed it out for me, then I sent them off. First time I did it manually, means with ink on cards.  No print out. They accepted them, even though they both got lost but after calling the military help line, they found them and added them to my case. Shortly after they asked for pictures again (already sent some with the original N400, but again, got lost 🤷🏻‍♀️) I sent them off and they got accepted. I now have my interview appointment in June. 

*fingers crossed*

Timeline
Just now, hashtagme said:

Hello

calling it digitally was probably the wrong expression, more like electronically scanned - on a little machine and the lady printed it out for me, then I sent them off. First time I did it manually, means with ink on cards.  No print out. They accepted them, even though they both got lost but after calling the military help line, they found them and added them to my case. Shortly after they asked for pictures again (already sent some with the original N400, but again, got lost 🤷🏻‍♀️) I sent them off and they got accepted. I now have my interview appointment in June. 

*fingers crossed*

So my situation is a little weird. I sent in my I-751 and received my extension then sent in my N-400 with a copy of my green card and extension letter to show that I have a pending application (I have a 2- year green card).  I got my fingerprint cards done in Grafenwöhr and sent them with the I-751 application but none with the n-400. Do you think they would be able to use the fingerprints from the i-751? Congrats 🍾🎈🎉 to you. I anticipate quite a wait but it will be worth it. 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

3 minutes ago, Hopeforthebest said:

So my situation is a little weird. I sent in my I-751 and received my extension then sent in my N-400 with a copy of my green card and extension letter to show that I have a pending application (I have a 2- year green card).  I got my fingerprint cards done in Grafenwöhr and sent them with the I-751 application but none with the n-400. Do you think they would be able to use the fingerprints from the i-751? Congrats 🍾🎈🎉 to you. I anticipate quite a wait but it will be worth it. 

I think I would call the Military help line to find out what the status of your case is and if they need anything else. I did that and it turned out that my case was stuck somewhere and the officer could forward it for me. Shortly after I had the interview appointment email. They can also check of your fingerprints were good or need to be resent. Also, did you receive an online access code that lets you create your account online? There you could upload more documents for USCIS to see and also email with them directly.

Generally it always says if they need anything from you they will contact you.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

I think I would call the Military help line to find out what the status of your case is and if they need anything else. I did that and it turned out that my case was stuck somewhere and the officer could forward it for me. Shortly after I had the interview appointment email. They can also check of your fingerprints were good or need to be resent. Also, did you receive an online access code that lets you create your account online? There you could upload more documents for USCIS to see and also email with them directly.

Generally it always says if they need anything from you they will contact you.

Yes I do have an account and I will be patient to see if they request something before I do anything. 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

Timeline
On 5/22/2019 at 10:40 AM, hashtagme said:

Ok :) good luck! I hope all goes well 😀

I finally got the letter requesting biometrics. I have the cards in a sealed envelope but I am going to include additional passport pictures with it to ensure no more delays. Also, did you ever send that sworn statement? I’m wondering if I should send that in too or just take it with me whenever I get an appointment date. 

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

4 minutes ago, Hopeforthebest said:

I finally got the letter requesting biometrics. I have the cards in a sealed envelope but I am going to include additional passport pictures with it to ensure no more delays. Also, did you ever send that sworn statement? I’m wondering if I should send that in too or just take it with me whenever I get an appointment date. 

Hi! That’s good news! Hope all goes well!

No, I’ve never sent in that statement. It didn’t say it anywhere as a required paper so I never bothered. I will see if they need me to give any statement when I’m in Fairfax. I think if they need anything else from me they would say so :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.