Jump to content
hashtagme

Expedite naturalization b/c military spouse overseas - questions

125 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hashtagme said:

Hi! That’s good news! Hope all goes well!

No, I’ve never sent in that statement. It didn’t say it anywhere as a required paper so I never bothered. I will see if they need me to give any statement when I’m in Fairfax. I think if they need anything else from me they would say so :) 

 

You are very much mistaken. It’s a requirement. 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

Hi! That’s good news! Hope all goes well!

No, I’ve never sent in that statement. It didn’t say it anywhere as a required paper so I never bothered. I will see if they need me to give any statement when I’m in Fairfax. I think if they need anything else from me they would say so :) 

 

Amazing!! I can stop worrying now and wait in peace 😁

Good luck again on your interview I hope you have been studying for the civics test


Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lenchick said:

You are very much mistaken. It’s a requirement. 

 

Where does it say that? On the list of things I need to bring (or on the list of things I needed to send in) it doesn’t say anything about it...

i can do it, just want to verify it’s necessary 

thank you in advance :) 

Just now, Hopeforthebest said:

Amazing!! I can stop worrying now and wait in peace 😁

Good luck again on your interview I hope you have been studying for the civics test

Thank you! 

Yes I’ve been studying every day. I’m so nervous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hashtagme said:

Where does it say that? On the list of things I need to bring (or on the list of things I needed to send in) it doesn’t say anything about it...

i can do it, just want to verify it’s necessary 

thank you in advance :) 

Evidence of Applicant’s Intent to Reside Abroad with Citizen Spouse and Return to the United States Upon Termination of Qualifying Employment

Along with his or her naturalization application, an applicant for naturalization under INA 319(b) must submit a statement describing his or her intent to reside abroad with the citizen spouse and his or her intent to take up residence within the United States immediately upon the termination of such employment abroad of the citizen spouse. [26]

 

The link is here https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-4


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

Evidence of Applicant’s Intent to Reside Abroad with Citizen Spouse and Return to the United States Upon Termination of Qualifying Employment

Along with his or her naturalization application, an applicant for naturalization under INA 319(b) must submit a statement describing his or her intent to reside abroad with the citizen spouse and his or her intent to take up residence within the United States immediately upon the termination of such employment abroad of the citizen spouse. [26]

 

The link is here https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-4

Ok yes i remember, it was mentioned here before. I’m wondering why they never asked me to send it. They said they received all requested evidence and that I didn’t have to do anything else. Then they invited me for the interview. In the letter for the interview is a list of things I need to bring. On there nothing is said about that statement. I am not saying it’s not necessary. Im just wondering what other people do that don‘t have such great support like this forum. :) 

I will contact legal and have it done ASAP, just in case. 

Thank you very much :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question to that though - 

does it have to be done by a legal office or would I be able to write that statement myself? I can’t find anything about the requirements of that statement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

I have a question to that though - 

does it have to be done by a legal office or would I be able to write that statement myself? I can’t find anything about the requirements of that statement 

I think you would write it yourself and have them notarize it. I really don’t see where it says sworn statement I think that’s extreme. I assumed it would be like an affidavit just saying that I will return to the states. I will go to my legal office and ask if anyone has ever come in with something like that to sign. 


Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hopeforthebest said:

I think you would write it yourself and have them notarize it. I really don’t see where it says sworn statement I think that’s extreme. I assumed it would be like an affidavit just saying that I will return to the states. I will go to my legal office and ask if anyone has ever come in with something like that to sign. 

Thank you so much for asking! I will prepare a statement.. and try to drop by legal office to have it notarized. I wonder what it has to say other than ‚i will reside with my spouse in the USA after his employment abroad ends‘ 🤷🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

Thank you so much for asking! I will prepare a statement.. and try to drop by legal office to have it notarized. I wonder what it has to say other than ‚i will reside with my spouse in the USA after his employment abroad ends‘ 🤷🏻‍♀️

That’s for sure all I’m writing 😂 


Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hopeforthebest said:

I think you would write it yourself and have them notarize it. I really don’t see where it says sworn statement I think that’s extreme. I assumed it would be like an affidavit just saying that I will return to the states. I will go to my legal office and ask if anyone has ever come in with something like that to sign. 

You don’t know what a sworn statement means don’t you? How could it be extreme?  Sworn statements are not notarized. Affidavits are notarized. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

You don’t know what a sworn statement means don’t you? How could it be extreme?  Sworn statements are not notarized. Affidavits are notarized. 

U don’t need to be rude. Your information is appreciated. 


Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

You don’t know what a sworn statement means don’t you? How could it be extreme?  Sworn statements are not notarized. Affidavits are notarized. 

I googled sworn statements and it says you sign it witnessed by a notary/legal office. I’ll check with ours here tomorrow 

thank you everyone - I will keep you informed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

I googled sworn statements and it says you sign it witnessed by a notary/legal office. I’ll check with ours here tomorrow 

thank you everyone - I will keep you informed :)

What is a Sworn Statement

A sworn statement is a document that contains facts that are relevant to a legal proceeding. Sworn statements are similar to affidavits, however, unlike affidavits, they are not required to be signed, witnessed, or sealed by a notary public

 

from a legal dictionary.

 

It’s up to you to take it to the notary or not.  I personally notarized it. Depending on a notary they might give you a form that already has the name “affidavit” and at the end such and such something like confirmed and witnessed blah blah. You will have to write your own text in the middle. Then the legal guy will seal it. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

What is a Sworn Statement

A sworn statement is a document that contains facts that are relevant to a legal proceeding. Sworn statements are similar to affidavits, however, unlike affidavits, they are not required to be signed, witnessed, or sealed by a notary public

 

from a legal dictionary.

 

It’s up to you to take it to the notary or not.  I personally notarized it. Depending on a notary they might give you a form that already has the name “affidavit” and at the end such and such something like confirmed and witnessed blah blah. You will have to write your own text in the middle. Then the legal guy will seal it. 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hashtagme, I wish you all the best for your interview and hope all goes smoothingly.

 

I have a question as I am super nervous about starting my process of the expedited naturalisation in a few months (once the BBG is approved).

Would you be able to help me with my application if I should run into questions? I hope you will still be checking the forum once in a while... I am not sure why I am so nervous... all this paperwork is really getting to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...