Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Would anyone be experiencing this same issue?  We are trying to review appointments for our embassy for January 2019 and there are no open slots yet.  Do they only allow one month at a time to show for interview times?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

You know, I am not up to speed on whether that would work or not. I recommend going to this thread below and ask this question. There are many who are well versed in your topic. I concentrate in this area unless of course I have read or experience something that I can opine to. I would love to hear what the answer will be. Can you PM me here on VJ on what you find out or share the link to your question. Good Luck.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-k1-and-k3-family-based-visas/

Thanks and will do!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, PaulMac said:

Thank you very much!

thanks everyone for all the help and support! you guys made the journey a little more bearable. 

awww congratulations!!! this is a long process, and to be honest I've been so worried and so stressout about many things; however coming here and read whole your comments makes me feel better and what all we can do now is only being patient. 

NVC received our case 11/13 and we called yesterday no case number yet... just praying and waiting for calling again.

:)

Edited by Danery

Timeline
31 minutes ago, etapia said:

Would anyone be experiencing this same issue?  We are trying to review appointments for our embassy for January 2019 and there are no open slots yet.  Do they only allow one month at a time to show for interview times?

Hey idk how is in your country, but for example a friend of mine needed a close date and when he checked in the web page non date open, so he sent an email to the embassy and they openned dates for him.

hope you can get it, wish you the best

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
32 minutes ago, etapia said:

It's the same for the South African consulate. They have no available appointments right now. It varies from country to country. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Can someone remind me the trick that was used to determine if your documents are in transit, I believe it was through DHL

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Adam anderson said:

Can someone remind me the trick that was used to determine if your documents are in transit, I believe it was through DHL

Thank you!

Go to www.dhl.com click Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, and on this page you add your search information. You change the day and month to what you think your package might have left NVC or call NVC to get the date your package had left NVC in route to your Embassy then go to the DHL website and enter the following information:

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A  (This is the date you think it left NVC, just substitute the date and leave everything else as is)

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Manila (Works for any Country Just replace the city where the Embassy is located)

Timeline
1 hour ago, dhaubau86 said:

Did you check back today?

NVC received the same date for us, and we called yesterday no case number yet, should we call today?. My fiancé told me that the guy from NVC told him call next weekm that it can take three weeks after they receive :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Danery said:

NVC received the same date for us, and we called yesterday no case number yet, should we call today?. My fiancé told me that the guy from NVC told him call next weekm that it can take three weeks after they receive :(

I think they take calls till 12 pm EST. its already past that.. SO prolly call tomorrow or on friday

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mike&Anna said:

Embassy received my case yesterday!

NOA2: October 10
NVC: October 29
Case #: November 2 

Left NVC: November 13
Case ready: November 19

Keep in mind that my interview is in the UK, not sure why my icon won't update!

Hello!

our case will be at London embassy also, how far in advance are the interviews scheduled? I am hoping that we can arrange an interview around 2 weeks after it leaves the NVC. What have you found?

thank you!

Timeline
On 11/16/2018 at 7:51 PM, Greenbaum said:

Now a days it's most uncommon to hear that a case has been sent to an embassy as a single case. Most are bulk wrapped for shipment and sent out every other week. Next shipment is scheduled to leave NVC on 11/27&28. Until CEAC shows in transit, I am sure that it is sitting waiting for the shipment to be released on the dates I gave you.

Well, here is what you do next. DON'T ask some one from German, Norway or Spain what you should do next. I never can understand that logic. Sub-forums are set up just for that reason to answer Embassy specific questions. What's done in Spain is not necessary what will take place in the UK. Believe I see this all the time so I am not just calling you out but others as well.

Read this information and pay attention to the link for the sub-forum for the UK. Every single question can be answer with the links and or through the S-F.

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

London sub-forum on VJ

There are experts over in the sub-forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  This is where others from your country who are processing or those who have completed their interview and they can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

Hello:

So I have a question, how do you know the dates of shipment? where can I find them?

Timeline
On 11/18/2018 at 5:09 PM, Greenbaum said:

1. Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 

• A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

These are only the basic items. Please check with your Embassy Instructions for further requirements. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts-k1-k3-visas.html

2. To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:

• Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to support-Tunisia@ustraveldocs.com.
  • Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
    • Callers in Tunisia: Call +216 74 61 78 20.
    • Callers in the United States: Call 1 703 520 2249.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative during regular hours of operation, add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-tunisia.

3. https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Tunisia&cty=Tunis

Hello Greenbaum, 

We're in the same, how is in the case for Peru? Do we need to wait to have packet 3?

do we have to send some documentation to the embassy before the interview?

And after we can do this step, and NVC notify they are sending the papers to my embassy, when is a good time for scheduling the interview?

Thanks for your help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.