dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2018

1,625 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Abies said:

The one that starts with IOE with the 10digits is the receipt number to check for green card status online.

USCIS is very inconsistent,so don't let it bother you much. The maximum period to receive the physical GC in the mail is 120days.

I just checked again and the last update they have for me is that my case was sent to the Department of State as of 3/31/2018. Can you imagine?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Possible18 said:

Unfortunately, after holding for 23mins the representative said they dont have an interview date for me. I asked why the hold up, she said they are going by when they completed the case.  I told her I know for a fact that’s not true, because it seem like they are giving the interviews randomly.  She said that they are going by the date the case completed.  My case was completed on August 8th.  So I said thanks and hung up.  I’m tired and done 😥

34 minutes ago, O&O said:

@Possible18 I also called waited 21 minutes..was told by the rep no interview date schedule for me..they schedule interview dates by case completed..basically the same story she told you is the same thing she told me.. it's coming but she cannot predict when..it's like a nightmare..I'm having..😭

Nvc will always tell you so. I remember when we called for our interview date on July 25th,the rep told us that there's no interview date available for us and that she doesn't know when we will be assigned an interview date because it all depends on those before us but the very next business day(July 26th),we were assigned an interview date.

So I will say you shouldnt be down and worried,I believe that they just started scheduling interview dates for Nigerians.

All the best... Waiting to celebrate with you guys.

Edited by Abies

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Eye said:

I just checked again and the last update they have for me is that my case was sent to the Department of State as of 3/31/2018. Can you imagine?

You are not getting it sis. After you made the green card payment,a receipt number was generated for you in that email they sent you.

Check it now,it starts with IOE followed by 10digits. That's the GC fee payment receipt. When you find it,goggle green card status online,follow the instructions and put in the receipt number,you status will pop up.

You were using the receipt for your i130 petition to check and that's why you got that message stating that your case has been sent to the dept of states(NVC)

Edited by Abies

10 hours ago, S and o said:

Have you registered for pickup. Because if you do not register for pickup they will not send your package and Visa passport to DHL. It happen to me too and immediately I registered it then the next day I got a text that it has been sent to DHL and I went and pick it. So please try register it

In New Zealand we either pick up from the consulate or we give them a self addressed courier bag, I gave them a courier bag. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, Abies said:

Yes for medical but you need the US passport style for your Visa interview.

The 5cm×5cm size.

thanks Abies, i will use it for medical exam requirement size and 5x5cm size at interview. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

Nvc will always tell you so. I remember when we called for our interview date on July 25th,the rep told us that there's no interview date available for us and that she doesn't know when we will be assigned an interview date because it all depends on those before us but the very next business day(July 26th),we were assigned an interview date.

So I will say you shouldnt be down and worried,I believe that they just started scheduling interview dates for Nigerians.

All the best... Waiting to celebrate with you guys.

Exactly my thoughts...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Brave yourself the winter it gets really bad over there. I am very lucky in Los Angeles, it doesn't get really cold and it doesn't snow either. During the winter our lowest is 39 degrees Fahrenheit.

Your green card status will change soon this week.

Yes waiting for the status change.los Angeles's weather is comfortable.but here in winter it drops to -10° f.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ajt3 said:

Yes waiting for the status change.los Angeles's weather is comfortable.but here in winter it drops to -10° f.

OMG, I will die at that temperature.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Hubby GC is produced today, hopefully by Friday we will have the card in hand @Ajt3 @Abies @valentinasc

Yayyyyy so happy for u.hope I get to see that same change in my status too😊 after Friday u will be relaxed as your GC will be in your hand.yayyy

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

OMG, I will die at that temperature.

Yes sometimes it happens.but mostly in winter it is below minus.That is what worried me a lot as in India I was more accustomed to the warmer weather.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Yayyyyy so happy for u.hope I get to see that same change in my status too😊 after Friday u will be relaxed as your GC will be in your hand.yayyy

Your status will change soon, yes dear after Friday I will be really relaxed.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Yes sometimes it happens.but mostly in winter it is below minus.That is what worried me a lot as in India I was more accustomed to the warmer weather.

The good thing is your husband will be there to help you through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.