jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Just got a case update that our interview has been scheduled.

That's it. My suitcase is packed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's it. My suitcase is packed.

I guess I can rent you a room lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@ThomasNC1988

My biometrics appointment was 2 weeks after yours and my field office has almost the same processing time according to the USCIS, so I cross all my fingers to get the same status soon 😂😂

Edited by Gibus

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi guys, we got an rfe asking for a tax return. I guess I only sent the w-2 which wasn’t enough. I went to the irs website and downloaded what says tax transcript for 2017 that is only some 2 page list. Can someone please let me know if this is the right thing they are asking for.

thank you 

22 minutes ago, ShanGaut said:

Hi guys, we got an rfe asking for a tax return. I guess I only sent the w-2 which wasn’t enough. I went to the irs website and downloaded what says tax transcript for 2017 that is only some 2 page list. Can someone please let me know if this is the right thing they are asking for.

thank you 

You want to select "return transcript" not "account transcript".

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

On 12/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, JMCKNG said:

For those that have had their fingerprint appointment? As the USC, did you go with your spouse to that appointment? What was all entailed, any questions for the USC? From the looks of it, it looks like it's just a fingerprint and then off to the waiting game again until the former interview.

Yay! i felt like USCIS cared about the interview notice lol 

they sent my husband(the petitioner) an email to telling him that they already sent the interview notice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So if it says interview is ready to be scheduled about how long before we know when it will be scheduled? Also what paperwork do we need to get ready for the interview.

35 minutes ago, Sweethj said:

So if it says interview is ready to be scheduled about how long before we know when it will be scheduled? Also what paperwork do we need to get ready for the interview.

It depends on your FO. Sometimes a month, some times a year. "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" means that it's ready for it, has gone through the necessary screening and has been found to contain everything needed. Now the job is to find an opening to schedule you for an interview. That can take a while.

Once your interview has been scheduled you will receive an interview appointment letter stating when, where and what documents you need to prepare.

Until then you can get a general idea by using the VJ search box and inputting "AOS interview checklist" if you are overly concerned.

3 hours ago, Sweethj said:

The processing time in Albany NY is 10 months to 23 months .Am in Manhattan area and processing time is 17 months to 34 months. But sometimes people get the interview in 8 months or later. Hope we're lucky. Good luck hope you get yours soon.

3 hours ago, NjK said:

The processing time in Albany NY is 10 months to 23 months .Am in Manhattan area and processing time is 17 months to 34 months. But sometimes people get the interview in 8 months or later. Hope we're lucky. Good luck hope you get yours soon.

is 10 to 23 months timeline is from the date that you file aos until you get an interview appointment? 

16 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

is 10 to 23 months timeline is from the date that you file aos until you get an interview appointment? 

Yes but it varies from local field office to local field office.

You can check your local FO estimated times by inputting I485 and your local FO here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by K1visaHopeful

2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You can check your local FO estimated times by inputting I485 and your local FO here:

just asking because it sounds crazy that it can take that long.  this journey needs alot of patience.

ps: I already received my interview notice for January it was 3 days after my status said "ready to be scheduled for interview"

41 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

is this always accurate? or it is also depends on every cases in the local field office? because i check the other vj members timeline here who recently had their aos most of them got their gc 1 to 2 weeks after their interview so that means on january 11 if i will get approved i will have my gc "'let say..end of January?' that is only 3 months from the date i file aos..or is the website just showing a maximum time range?

still no update on my ead/ap it still say received October 24..i hope i will get an update on my ead so that i will know what to do with ssn(i still dont have ssn) not much to do without ssn sigh.

Screenshot_20181216-041521.jpg

1 minute ago, icanbenobody said:

is this always accurate? or it is also depends on every cases in the local field office? because i check the other vj members timeline here who recently had their aos most of them got their gc 1 to 2 weeks after their interview so that means on january 11 if i will get approved i will have my gc "'let say..end of January?' that is only 3 months from the date i file aos..or is the website just showing a maximum time range?

still no update on my ead/ap it still say received October 24..i hope i will get an update on my ead so that i will know what to do with ssn(i still dont have ssn) not much to do without ssn sigh.

Screenshot_20181216-041521.jpg

They post the average estimated times so you know what to expect. They also post a date below this (if you scroll further down of this screenshot) for your filing status category so you know when you are able to make an enquiry on your case if your PD has passed. 

But yes, it still goes case by case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.