jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

They rarely stamp.

Why? because all approvals at the interview must go through a supervisor so unless your interviewer is a supervisor, you wont be approved at the interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
6 hours ago, DenisAlma said:

Hello folks!

Is anyone still waiting for interview date in here ?

October 2018 filers...

We are still waiting for a date here in nyc :( 

we are coming up on having to renew the travel/employment authorization. Please any advise on the process for this. Don’t know where to start. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
On 12/5/2019 at 8:55 AM, lauretta2007 said:

We are still waiting for a date here in nyc :( 

we are coming up on having to renew the travel/employment authorization. Please any advise on the process for this. Don’t know where to start. 

Ive sent mine back 5 months ago to be corrected, so I hope I get a full year on that from now on...

i think its automatically extended for 6 months once it expires, to give you time to get a new one.

you should apply for an extension now

If I sent IRS transcripts with the affidavit of support for the AOS filing, do I have to bring the original copy of the tax transcript for the interview? I cannot seem to find the original copy of the tax transcript. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. Has my I485 interview this morning and now got the green card is being produced message. I travel to Canada  in a week exactly. I was not able to get the I551 stamp on the passport after the interview. Now that my AP card is invalid. What are my options for getting a I551 stamp? 

What is the fastest way to talk to someone to get a infopass appointment to get the stamp via phone? 

I appreciate the help!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

Hi All. Has my I485 interview this morning and now got the green card is being produced message. I travel to Canada  in a week exactly. I was not able to get the I551 stamp on the passport after the interview. Now that my AP card is invalid. What are my options for getting a I551 stamp? 

What is the fastest way to talk to someone to get a infopass appointment to get the stamp via phone? 

I appreciate the help!! 

I guess there are not many still hanging around but Congrats and good luck on being able to get on with your life in the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

I appreciate the help!! 

usually its takes a week to deliver. that's cutting it close though, hmmm I wouldn't recommend traveling with your AP at this point, I would assume it's not longer valid now that you have your GC approved. so let's hope you get the GC before your travel date(with all the holiday delays). sign up for USPS informed delivery to see your mails coming in, minus dec 25(no mail)

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

On 12/20/2019 at 8:51 AM, Lebanese23 said:

usually its takes a week to deliver. that's cutting it close though, hmmm I wouldn't recommend traveling with your AP at this point, I would assume it's not longer valid now that you have your GC approved. so let's hope you get the GC before your travel date(with all the holiday delays). sign up for USPS informed delivery to see your mails coming in, minus dec 25(no mail)

Update: Was some how, in a Christmas miracle kinda way, able to get a info pass for this coming Thursday at my field office. I leave for the trip on Friday :) Merry Xmas Everyone!! 

Timeline
19 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

Another update: Was able to get my I 551 stamp today after scheduling a info pass appointment last week :)

that's awesome!! enjoy your trip! 

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

• 4 weeks later...

Had my interview today. I live closer to San Francisco, and my biometrics were done there, but for some reason the interview was scheduled to be further away in San Jose, and to be a few days before our 2 year anniversary. I know they move cases around to speed up processing, but that's certainly suspicious.

Interviewer was really grumpy with my wife and I for only having passports, and not a Real ID, saying that it's common knowledge that everyone goes to the DMV to get one, despite the fact that neither my wife nor I drive, nor have really even heard that much about Real IDs before at all. Then she wasn't happy that we only brought a copy of the marriage certificate and not the original - tbf that's my fault for not checking that, but honestly I have no idea what they want to bring to the interview. I printed out a lot of sheets filling a thick folder, but she hardly asked to see any of it... what's the point of that big checklist on the letter when they don't actually use it?

Questions were pretty simple, just asked about how we met, how long we were together before getting married, little bit about our parents, and then just going over the forms (confirm address, confirm phone numbers, all the "have you ever been arrested" etc. questions). At the end she said that she needs to go over everything and then maybe we'll get approved, or she'll call us.

Hopefully we'll get an update of approval on Monday so we won't have to go through all this again for removal of conditions.

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

Timeline
9 hours ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Had my interview today. I live closer to San Francisco, and my biometrics were done there, but for some reason the interview was scheduled to be further away in San Jose, and to be a few days before our 2 year anniversary. I know they move cases around to speed up processing, but that's certainly suspicious.

Interviewer was really grumpy with my wife and I for only having passports, and not a Real ID, saying that it's common knowledge that everyone goes to the DMV to get one, despite the fact that neither my wife nor I drive, nor have really even heard that much about Real IDs before at all. Then she wasn't happy that we only brought a copy of the marriage certificate and not the original - tbf that's my fault for not checking that, but honestly I have no idea what they want to bring to the interview. I printed out a lot of sheets filling a thick folder, but she hardly asked to see any of it... what's the point of that big checklist on the letter when they don't actually use it?

Questions were pretty simple, just asked about how we met, how long we were together before getting married, little bit about our parents, and then just going over the forms (confirm address, confirm phone numbers, all the "have you ever been arrested" etc. questions). At the end she said that she needs to go over everything and then maybe we'll get approved, or she'll call us.

Hopefully we'll get an update of approval on Monday so we won't have to go through all this again for removal of conditions.

oh I would've reschedules hahaha so i can get the 10 year green card instead. oh well, but I think you went through the usual, they tell you they will review and you hear something 2 weeks later that you got approved. hopefully! but man i would be pissed if my interview was scheduled few days before my 2 year anniversary. oh well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All. Had our I485 interview on Jan 28th at Sacramento and was approved on the spot. Online I-130 status changed to approved and I-485 status changed to Card in production within an hour after interview.  

Hopefully will get the card soon. Interview was very smooth and officer was super nice.

Appreciate all the help and information here , It helped a lot. 

AOS/EAD/AP:

• 10-17-2018: Package Sent                                                               
  • 10-27-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      
  • 11-03-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    
  • 11-06-2018: Biometrics appointment       
  • 03-15-2019: EAD/AP Approval 
  • 03-23-2019: EAD/AP Received 
  • 10-08-2019: EAD/AP Renewal Package sent
  • 10-14-2019: EAD/AP NOA-1 Received
  • 12-19-2019: Interview Scheduled notice
  • 01-28-2019: Interview at Sacramento FO, Approved on the spot
  • 01-28-2020:- online status changed to "New card is being produced"
  • 01-30-2020:- online status changed to "Case Approved"
  • 01-31-2020:- online status changed to "We mailed your card"       
  • 02-05-2020:- Received card in hand       

ROC:

• 11/13/2021: I-751 package sent
  • 11/19/2021: Received case # via text message
  • 11/26/2021: Received NOA1 in mail, dated 11/18/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.