jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No the wait time starts from your PD and includes the time it takes to be reviewed at the NBC.

Alright, so that puts it at Oct 2018 + 17 months = March 2020 at earliest. Not sure what my lawyer was talking about then? Plus I hope it is after Jan 2020, cause then we'll have been married for 2+ years, so we won't have to worry about doing removal of conditions later, right?

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We had our interview about 2 months ago---and received an RFE for more financials . The IO told me I could drop it off at the office or mail it---and it would only take a week. I needed taxes for this year and a lease---and whatever else may help. Okay--no problem.

Well the due date comes up--and I realize its a Sunday. So I drive to the office on Friday---see that it closes at 4pm--I am there at 3, and the guards tell me no one is there to accept it, that everyone went home early. I get the guards name, go home, add a note in about my attempt to drop off---as the IO told me i could---and I overnight this. It is still stamped prior to the due date---but technically didn't arrive until Monday. 

I do have delivery confirmation. 

The IO said once it arrives--it goes straight to him and we will get it approved in about a week. Should I see somewhere on the USCIS site---that its received? Our last update is interview scheduled. 

3 hours ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Alright, so that puts it at Oct 2018 + 17 months = March 2020 at earliest. Not sure what my lawyer was talking about then? Plus I hope it is after Jan 2020, cause then we'll have been married for 2+ years, so we won't have to worry about doing removal of conditions later, right?

Right!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Card is being made---I can't believe it!!! RFE went through and we should have our green card in a few days. :) I never thought this was going to end. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, redcat56 said:

Card is being made---I can't believe it!!! RFE went through and we should have our green card in a few days. :) I never thought this was going to end. 

Nothing lasts forever 😊...

Congratulations 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

On 7/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

@Brian PC

"Thanks! This is what I couldn’t seem to remember. I do have some scans (chest x-ray I’m guessing) in a sealed envelope thatI need to submit at the interview. Thanks for the info!"

The XRay CD is your personal copy of your XRay results.

The results (of no TB) was already included in your sealed medical packet and is now in your A-file.

The only thing you would have submitted with your i485 was a photocopy of your ds-3025 vaccination record. Then you'll bring your personal copy of the same to the AOS interview.

Question :The medical results are valid for only one year after you have the physical done, correct? What if your AOS interview happens after this year has lapsed? Is a RFE issued? 

45 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

Question :The medical results are valid for only one year after you have the physical done, correct? What if your AOS interview happens after this year has lapsed? Is a RFE issued? 

Noooooo.

As long as you APPLY for AOS within one year of your overseas medical exam date, your medical will NEVER expire. 

It doesn't matter WHEN you are interviewed.

"4. K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician. 

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

If the applicant was granted a change of status to V in the United States, [29] the medical examination report completed by the civil surgeon should be in the A-file created at the time that the change of status was initially granted."

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

Wait is killing me now. It's been a few days since "ready to schedule for interview" so the EAD should be any day now, right? We're on day 284 too! Anytime I get a notification I nervously check my phone, hoping for "USCIS case status update".

12/11/2018 - Biometrics

9 minutes ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Wait is killing me now. It's been a few days since "ready to schedule for interview" so the EAD should be any day now, right? We're on day 284 too! Anytime I get a notification I nervously check my phone, hoping for "USCIS case status update".

I485 is processed parallel to the I765 and I131.

"Ready to schedule" refers to your I485 now being in line for an interview at your LFO and has no bearing on the I765 and I131 unfortunately.

Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

I485 is processed parallel to the I765 and I131.

"Ready to schedule" refers to your I485 now being in line for an interview at your LFO and has no bearing on the I765 and I131 unfortunately.

I thought it implied that the underlying petition/sponsor stuff has been approved, meaning that the EAD/AP can then be approved. Honestly have no idea what my lawyer's telling me and why he thinks the interview could happen in a few months when we've only done 9 of a min 17 month wait.

12/11/2018 - Biometrics

39 minutes ago, dr01d3k4 said:

I thought it implied that the underlying petition/sponsor stuff has been approved, meaning that the EAD/AP can then be approved. Honestly have no idea what my lawyer's telling me and why he thinks the interview could happen in a few months when we've only done 9 of a min 17 month wait.

The I485 only gets reviewed for completeness of the required documents. It does not get approved until you have been interviewed.

An I765 and I131 can be approved as long as the I485 does not have an active RFE awaiting approval.

But it doesn't mean they WILL be.

EAD is taking 6.5 to 8.5 months while AP is taking 6 to 8 (estimated). If you are still within normal processing times for the I765 and I131, you'll have to wait until you can make a service request.

What's your PD?

Are you still within normal processing times for EAD and AP?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The I485 only gets reviewed for completeness of the required documents. It does not get approved until you have been interviewed.

An I765 and I131 can be approved as long as the I485 does not have an active RFE awaiting approval.

But it doesn't mean they WILL be.

EAD is taking 6.5 to 8.5 months while AP is taking 6 to 8 (estimated). If you are still within normal processing times for the I765 and I131, you'll have to wait until you can make a service request.

What's your PD?

Are you still within normal processing times for EAD and AP?

Our receipt date is Oct 18th, so we're going on 9.5 months now. We're still within the 60 days waiting after our second RFE (they received it on June 19th), so we can't send a service request yet.

12/11/2018 - Biometrics

1 hour ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Our receipt date is Oct 18th, so we're going on 9.5 months now. We're still within the 60 days waiting after our second RFE (they received it on June 19th), so we can't send a service request yet.

Have you called since your I485 has been ready to schedule and asked if your RFE has been reviewed to completion?

Ready to schedule may signify that your RFE has been cleared and you can now submit a SR.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yesterday, August 9 (10 months and 5 days) - "Interiew Was Sheduled" ( LA county 11.5- 18.5)😀 I think my date interiew will be in the miiddle of September.

At least I have I compensation for my long waiting time  for my EAD/AP ( more then 8 month).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.