jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The EAD and AP are a separate process from the GC. EAD and AP take 4 to 6 months with most being approved in 5.5 at the NBC.

Your GC timeline is dependent on the processing times of your local field office. Yours must be fast. 

If you are approved for your GC, your EAD and AP will no longer continue processing. You wont need them because you will already have your GC.

Can you explain me, please,  how can I find out name my local office for a I485 ( MSC- NBC), if I have not received any notification about the transfer my petition? 

33 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

Can you explain me, please,  how can I find out name my local office for a I485 ( MSC- NBC), if I have not received any notification about the transfer my petition? 

Input your zip code here and tell me what it says:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Input your zip code here and tell me what it says:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Los Angeles County Field Office

Thank you

22 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

So you're looking at a 13 to 25 month wait for family based AOS applications at your LFO. That's pretty average.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

So you're looking at a 13 to 25 month wait for family based AOS applications at your LFO. That's pretty average.

Thank you. Yes, I understood. This is not a very fast office.

23 hours ago, GFP said:

NOA Oct 9th: “New card is being produced” status changed today informed via Text Message and by email. No changes in AP status.

SSN question: I had a SSN in the past while in US under J1 visa. We filled for getting a SSN in the I485 form. My question: Are we supposed to receive a SSN card together with the combo card? Is there a way to check online what is my SSN status? Thanks.

20 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

I don't know your exact specifics, buy my wife has a SSN from the past under her J1(or cultural visa) and we have used that same visa to file taxes successfully with the IRS. My research has said that once you get a SSN (from any visa), it will remain the same forever. Even after the GC paperwrok she will still have the same SSN if I'm not mistaken. 

You don't currently have your SSN card from when you were under the J1 Visa? My wife still had her card. 

Exactly as Rocko20 says, you keep the same SSN from your J1, that stays with you your whole life. The only thing you can do is to go to SSA with your marriage certificate, SSN, passport and EAD and have your name updated on the card. I was actually able to update my social security card (from J1) on my married name within i94 window with no problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

For those waiting for their EAD cards in the mail, my case status has been updated to say "the card was picked up by the united states post office."  The US postal tracking says it will arrive by Monday 11th 

Timeline:

March 6th: New Card is being produced

March 8th: Card was picked up by US postal office

March 11th: expectant delivery date via US postal tracking

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rocko20 said:

The US postal tracking says it will arrive by Monday 11th 

So they gave you postal tracking number?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

For those waiting for their EAD cards in the mail, my case status has been updated to say "the card was picked up by the united states post office."  The US postal tracking says it will arrive by Monday 11th 

Timeline:

March 6th: New Card is being produced

March 8th: Card was picked up by US postal office

I got the same case status on March 6 and is hasn’t changed since then 😱

1 hour ago, Jjcouple said:

Got approved for EAD AND AP!!!! 

Congrats!

Let's play a game shall we. I got a RFE for EAD and AP. What was the reason? 

A. Uscis does not see the "other names used" section of the form 

B. Uscis doesnt review the marriage certificate carefully to see name change 

C. BOTH A And B 

correct answer is C. Just wrote a memo, attached marriage certificate (with arrow) showing name change. 

Edited by DeepakChani

58 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

Let's play a game shall we. I got a RFE for EAD and AP. What was the reason? 

A. Uscis does not see the "other names used" section of the form 

B. Uscis doesnt review the marriage certificate carefully to see name change 

C. BOTH A And B 

correct answer is C. Just wrote a memo, attached marriage certificate (with arrow) showing name change. 

Question: did you change try to change any part of your name other than your surname?

4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Question: did you change try to change any part of your name other than your surname?

Nope. All I did was change my maiden last name to my married last name( husband's last name). No other changes. 

1 minute ago, DeepakChani said:

Nope. All I did was change my maiden last name to my married last name( husband's last name). No other changes. 

Very weird reason for an RFE then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.