jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We've been patiently awaiting my wife's green card after K1; I'd heard it was usually quicker.  

Unfortunately due to the way the app works, I only saw the last update in the app, which was "Fingerprint Review Completed on Nov. 28th, 2018."  I thought we were stuck on that.  

It wasn't until I logged into the website today that I saw "Case is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" happened on November 22nd, 2018.  Unfortunately we never got this notice mailed to us, which isn't unusual, we didn't get things mailed to us in the K1 process.

I've done a little research and see the next step to wait for notice of is "Your interview has been scheduled,"  correct?  

Does the processing time indicate the time from receipt of I-485, or the time after "Case Ready?"  

casereadywlg.png

Edited by Ducker

8 minutes ago, Ducker said:

Ugh, I think I messed up.  See attached screenshot.  We've been patiently awaiting my wife's green card after K1; I'd heard it was usually quicker.  

Unfortunately due to the way the app works, I only saw the last update in the app, which was "Fingerprint Review Completed on Nov. 28th, 2018."  I thought we were stuck on that.  

It wasn't until I logged into the website today that I saw "Case is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" happened on November 22nd, 2018!  Unfortunately we never got this notice mailed to us, which isn't unusual, we didn't get things mailed to us in the K1 process.

Ultimately their system is terrible, but what's the best way to pull ourselves out of this mess?  Do I need to make an InfoPass appointment?  

casereadywlg.png

"Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" does not mean your interview has been scheduled. It merely means your application has reached your local field office and is now sitting in line waiting for an interview slot. 

When it changes to "interview has been scheduled" it means that you can expect an interview notice then.

You still may have a while to wait yet as it's based on your LFO'S processing times. Sometimes you will have this status (Ready to yada yada) for a year or more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey - hope everyone is having a good Monday. Praying for some rain of approvals this week, I'm totally getting stir crazy at home now, especially as I missed an interview opportunity due to no work permit :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

Hey - hope everyone is having a good Monday. Praying for some rain of approvals this week, I'm totally getting stir crazy at home now, especially as I missed an interview opportunity due to no work permit :(

I am waiting for our RFE letter this week...... Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so I can see what they want and then do some more waiting.......

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Katri said:

I am waiting for our RFE letter this week...... Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so I can see what they want and then do some more waiting.......

Will keep my fingers crossed for you! and yes this waiting game... .-. I'm not even thinking of the interview stage right now, LFO has a wait time of like 18-25months so I'm like... no need to stress about that yet!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I haven’t been so happy on a Monday in ages! I just got a notification that my interview is scheduled! Will be checking the mailbox every day to see what’s the date in the letter!

NOA1: Oct 26

I cried a little bit (from excitement) 😂

88B00CBC-2ABD-4619-BE40-87DFAE97A0B5.jpeg

Timeline

One thing i have noticed about most USCIS workers is that they must all be dyslexic as they seem to work from the end of the month to the beginning of the month. instead of their famous quote "We process applications by order of date received" 

But hoping that more October filers see some approvals soon.

2 minutes ago, Gama said:

One thing i have noticed about most USCIS workers is that they must all be dyslexic as they seem to work from the end of the month to the beginning of the month. instead of their famous quote "We process applications by order of date received" 

But hoping that more October filers see some approvals soon.

We should be lucky they don't begin reviewing end of the year backwards. Knowing that they are possible of this is scary lol. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey guys!  Just a simple question. What are you guys doing to find a job now that the work permit is so close? I was an accountant back in Costa Rica and I hated it so much. 

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jpeach94 said:

So do all K1 EADs go through the national benefits center?

I also have a NOA of October 12th so hoping that this means I will be approved soon!

I think it has everything to do with your local office.  We WERE a K1 visa applicant, my fiance moved here in aug, got married in september, then put in the paper work in october.  But we submitted  the 1-485 i-131 and I-765 all together.. there were some hiccups with the I-765 EAD, being that they sent it back saying we didn't pay the fees, which of course isn't necessary when you apply for all three together.  it was a mess. we had 2 biometric appointments and had to call and call and write and write to get them to approve the I-765,  so actually  our EAD NOA was more like Nov 12th... while the others were all october 12th.   ANYWAYS. from what I understand, they are submitted to NBC and then sent to your local office for approval.

30 minutes ago, Jpeach94 said:

So do all K1 EADs go through the national benefits center?

I also have a NOA of October 12th so hoping that this means I will be approved soon!

Yes all EAD's with concurrent AOS applications based on category C9 are processed at the NBC. (Same with AP. Completely processed at the NBC).

23 minutes ago, AndyAspen said:

I think it has everything to do with your local office.....

.... ANYWAYS. from what I understand, they are submitted to NBC and then sent to your local office for approval.

Your I485 is initially processed at the NBC and then is sent to your LFO for your case to sit and wait for an interview. The processing times projected on the USCIS processing times website reflect the estimated timing of the ENTIRE process inclusive of the NBC portion when you are looking up the processing times of your LFO for the I485 though.

The EAD and AP are processed and approved entirely at the NBC and thus their timing can be estimated on the USCIS processing times website by entering i765 & NBC or I131 & NBC. They are not sent to your LFO.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.