DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

hello all! I have called USCUS customer services yesterday and finally got my case number which transferred to Nebraska service centre! 😀 

it was found that some how the address was wrong... so we just updated our address via web-site as well!

1 hour ago, Lww said:

hello all! I have called USCUS customer services yesterday and finally got my case number which transferred to Nebraska service centre! 😀 

it was found that some how the address was wrong... so we just updated our address via web-site as well!

I'm so glad you got an answer!  Congratulations.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

02-23-18 Got Married in the Philippines

09-11-18 Filed I130 for spouse

09-18-18 USCIS charged $535

09-19-18 Case received via text/email

09-24-18 NOA was received

When I filed for the petition for my husband, I only send our marriage certificate and proof of my citizenship. I couldn't send any birth certificate for our daughter because it takes 4-8 weeks before it process since I literally just gave birth, 9/4/18, would they request more evidence of our marriage that is bonafied just in case? Because now I have our daughter's birth certificate and also I gather all of our pictures and money transactions that I sent to him. Would those be enough evidence if ever they would request more?

On 10/20/2018 at 11:05 AM, JadenL said:

02-23-18 Got Married in the Philippines

09-11-18 Filed I130 for spouse

09-18-18 USCIS charged $535

09-19-18 Case received via text/email

09-24-18 NOA was received

When I filed for the petition for my husband, I only send our marriage certificate and proof of my citizenship. I couldn't send any birth certificate for our daughter because it takes 4-8 weeks before it process since I literally just gave birth, 9/4/18, would they request more evidence of our marriage that is bonafied just in case? Because now I have our daughter's birth certificate and also I gather all of our pictures and money transactions that I sent to him. Would those be enough evidence if ever they would request more?

Be a little careful with money transactions.  There is a line between caring for family and looking like a financially based relationship.  This impacts CR-1 less than K-1 but I do know of couples that have had some questions when the transactions are a bit too often or very large.  

Did you send any pictures at all?  Any proof of relationship other than the marriage certificate?  I would expect an RFE for your daughter's BC.  They may request proof of relationship or they may just have you bring that to the interview.  I would be prepared for a quick turnaround of the potential RFE just to be safe.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 10/22/2018 at 8:58 AM, John & Rose said:

Be a little careful with money transactions.  There is a line between caring for family and looking like a financially based relationship.  This impacts CR-1 less than K-1 but I do know of couples that have had some questions when the transactions are a bit too often or very large.  

Did you send any pictures at all?  Any proof of relationship other than the marriage certificate?  I would expect an RFE for your daughter's BC.  They may request proof of relationship or they may just have you bring that to the interview.  I would be prepared for a quick turnaround of the potential RFE just to be safe.

I didn't send any picyures nor our daughter's birth certificate because I literally just gave birth when I filed for it and it takes weeks for it to be processed. If they would request for RFE for our daughter's birth certificate I can send that since I received it already. I'll gather pictures of me and my husband and our daughter as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, JadenL said:

I didn't send any picyures nor our daughter's birth certificate because I literally just gave birth when I filed for it and it takes weeks for it to be processed. If they would request for RFE for our daughter's birth certificate I can send that since I received it already. I'll gather pictures of me and my husband and our daughter as well. 

I found some (fairly old) threads where other people went through the same thing and from a quick scan it doesn't look like you'll get an RFE for your daughters birth certificate. It sounds like as long as your daughter has a USC parent, she can become a citizen as long as the USC parent meets certain requirements.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

7 hours ago, JadenL said:

Yes. That RFE will be an easy answer. They may not need pictures until the interview. That is up to the adjudicator. Good luck!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a USC and my husband is Brazilian. We've been married since 2008 and we both live in Rio de Janeiro. We opted for the CR-1 visa and decided not to spend money on the K3 visa.

I-130 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox on August 30th

Email received on September 6th

Payment processed on September 12th

NOA1 received on September 21st with priority date of Sept 4th

Case sent to Nebraska service center

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Greentea84
Added chicago lockbox

On 10/24/2018 at 2:03 AM, DGF said:

I found some (fairly old) threads where other people went through the same thing and from a quick scan it doesn't look like you'll get an RFE for your daughters birth certificate. It sounds like as long as your daughter has a USC parent, she can become a citizen as long as the USC parent meets certain requirements.

I gave birth here in the US, my husband is the only one far away from us, he's in the Philippines, that is why I'm petitioning him.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:18 AM, John & Rose said:

Yes. That RFE will be an easy answer. They may not need pictures until the interview. That is up to the adjudicator. Good luck!

Thanks. From what I heard from relatives that petitioned their spouses, pictures are usually brought during the interview since not all the times they would ask for pictures.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 7:23 AM, JadenL said:

I gave birth here in the US, my husband is the only one far away from us, he's in the Philippines, that is why I'm petitioning him.

Oops, I misread your original post, sorry about that! 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, s007rrt said:

We also applied in September/2018 to the Chicago Lockbox. Priority date 9/24. Received notification that credit card was processed first. Text message received 9/28. The NOA1 was received in the mail about 2 weeks later. Case is at the Potomac Center.

wish you all the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.