linuxma

About marriage certificate k1

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys we just got married and now we are planing to apply for aos my question is do we should use the marriage license copy that claims in the bottom we got married and please anyone here can help us with the check list you used for aos k1 thanks

19 minutes ago, linuxma said:

Hi guys we just got married and now we are planing to apply for aos my question is do we should use the marriage license copy that claims in the bottom we got married and please anyone here can help us with the check list you used for aos k1 thanks

Did you get certified copies of your wedding license? One of those should suffice.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

Did you get certified copies of your wedding license? One of those should suffice.

After we got married they gave us copy of Marriage licenses after it's filed by person he married us is it that one 

Just now, linuxma said:

After we got married they gave us copy of Marriage licenses after it's filed by person he married us is it that one 

Yes, that's the one.

If you can go get more certified copies, you will likely want them for things like getting both names added to bank accounts, utilities, insurance, etc. :)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Yes, that's the one.

If you can go get more certified copies, you will likely want them for things like getting both names added to bank accounts, utilities, insurance, etc. :)

Awe thank you can we apply to aos even she didn't changed her name on her ID card yet

1 minute ago, linuxma said:

Awe thank you can we apply to aos even she didn't changed her name on her ID card yet

Yeah, that has nothing to do with it at this point :)

My husband still doesn't have a Texas ID. I needed the marriage license to get:
1. New Texas driver's license with new married name

2. Updated social security card

3. Updated utilities and car payments

etc etc etc -_-

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Yeah, that has nothing to do with it at this point :)

My husband still doesn't have a Texas ID. I needed the marriage license to get:
1. New Texas driver's license with new married name

2. Updated social security card

3. Updated utilities and car payments

etc etc etc -_-

Awe thanks a lot 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you can pay to get several certified copies 

good to keep at least 2 (in different locations in case of any diseaster)

some states these are kept at county clerk office / other states they are files in a state office (vital stats or dept of health)

Timeline
13 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

you can pay to get several certified copies 

good to keep at least 2 (in different locations in case of any diseaster)

some states these are kept at county clerk office / other states they are files in a state office (vital stats or dept of health)

Hi do you have any idea how much I have to wait until i can apply after weeding 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, linuxma said:

You can mail the application immediately after the wedding if you prepare all the paperwork ahead of time.  However, you also need to submit a "photocopy of your marriage certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority where the marriage took place" with your application (I-485 instructions).  For some people it takes a few weeks to get that marriage certificate.  If you want to get it sooner, maybe even directly after the (courthouse) ceremony, then you should speak with the courthouse clerk beforehand.  If you plan to get married somewhere else than the courthouse than you'd also need to speak to the priest or officiant that they complete their part of the paperwork right away and let you carry it back to the courthouse yourselves instead of mailing it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, linuxma said:

hi 

i read all suggestions here everyone have there own experiences.i suggest if you going to apply for AOS then you should wait for your marriage certificate .AOS is a long process you should't take risk with RFE which may cost(time)high after long wait in some cases they don't send RFE so i thought you should consider marriage certificate  insted of licence for AOS process.Maybe some cases they accept marriage licence but nowadays its risky to play or take chance with your AOS.you may see here some people got RFE after 6 months wait time which is really horrible.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Certified copy of the marriage certificate will suffice. You can get them from the local probate court. I suggest getting multiple copies - possibly 3 to 4 - because you may need a certified copy for other things.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, ajay007 said:

hi 

i read all suggestions here everyone have there own experiences.i suggest if you going to apply for AOS then you should wait for your marriage certificate .AOS is a long process you should't take risk with RFE which may cost(time)high after long wait in some cases they don't send RFE so i thought you should consider marriage certificate  insted of licence for AOS process.Maybe some cases they accept marriage licence but nowadays its risky to play or take chance with your AOS.you may see here some people got RFE after 6 months wait time which is really horrible.

For AOS, you have to be already married and a certified marriage certificate is the proof, not the license.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

For AOS, you have to be already married and a certified marriage certificate is the proof, not the license.

In the county they gave us 3 marriage license the person who married us after filling the marriage licenses he gave us one and says he will send other once to county my question is the one we had is the certified marriage certificate or we have to go to the county and ask for one

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Certified copy of the marriage certificate will suffice. You can get them from the local probate court. I suggest getting multiple copies - possibly 3 to 4 - because you may need a certified copy for other things.

What exactly is a certified copy of marriage certificate? For what purpose do u need multiple certified copies? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.