dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2018

449 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MsKayC said:

Hi all, I'm a bit confused about the "At NVC" status. My case is pivot and my case on ceac website has always said At NVC. I dont think i have a case close as yet because my docs were submitted on 9/17 however how would I know my case is closed by looking at the ceac website?

The "at NVC" that people are talking about is from this page https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  at the bottom where it says "check my visa application status" - not from your page you used to submit documents online. I am also pivot and my page when I log in also always says "at nvc". I have "accepted" next to all documents but one, which we had to rescan. You will get a message in your inbox on that page if they make any changes to your case, whether it's an approval or a request to rescan a document.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
5 hours ago, hf2018 said:

same thing happened to me last week, they told me it was being sent to the supervisor. Nothing else we can do :(

Let me know how it goes for you! Its nice to know I'm not only one stuck with that mess. I saw you are thinking resending? It might not help. I uploaded my updated birth certificate as an additional document and even if that gets reviewed in the 3 week timeline, I still need to wait for the supervisor to have a look at the original birth certificate I uploaded.

6 hours ago, Jemera said:

The "at NVC" that people are talking about is from this page https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  at the bottom where it says "check my visa application status" - not from your page you used to submit documents online. I am also pivot and my page when I log in also always says "at nvc". I have "accepted" next to all documents but one, which we had to rescan. You will get a message in your inbox on that page if they make any changes to your case, whether it's an approval or a request to rescan a document.

Ok thank you! How long did it take for your documents to show accepted?

17 hours ago, Saanish said:

Hey Faizal 

Have you called NVC to check if they have received the documents/package?

So we had sent them the documents on the 1st of September, when we called NVC, they stated that they received it on 6th. 

We got to know on 14th that we have got the cc (We had to call them after seeing changes on our account on the ceac website)

So approximately 9 days from the date they confirmed receipt.

Also getting a cc is not the real problem, the scheduling of interviews post that is.

Usually the Mumbai embassy would schedule within one month of cc.

Since last month its taking 1and a half to 2 months.

Anyways fingers crossed and all the very best 

We sent the document on fedex overnight service and someone receive documents at nvc .fedex tracking give the name of person who sign and receive my document at nvc 

delivered date is 18 September 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, ad8816 said:

Got an email from NVC (we submitted it all on 9/16) and everything was accepted EXCEPT FOR my husband's passport scan upload. They made us rotate it and re-upload. I'm hoping for a CC very soon but they accepted all our other documents, thankfully!

Same thing Happen to me too Best of luck 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On September 20, 2018 at 2:04 AM, Muhammadarman said:

Hi Guys,

submitted doc on CEAC on 13 Sept 2018 and received the message today that all doc accepted expect passport scan copy got rejected as I uploaded landscape. so got this message today (This document is not in the right-side up position. Please replace this with a scan which displays the words horizontally on the screen ) so should I now upload in portrait style ??

On September 20, 2018 at 2:04 AM, Muhammadarman said:

Hi Guys,

submitted doc on CEAC on 13 Sept 2018 and received the message today that all doc accepted expect passport scan copy got rejected as I uploaded landscape. so got this message today (This document is not in the right-side up position. Please replace this with a scan which displays the words horizontally on the screen ) so should I now upload in portrait style ??

Same thing happen to me yesterday ,passport biographic page  was rejected.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, LargoRN said:

Same thing happen to me yesterday ,passport biographic page  was rejected.

No Worries upload it in Portrait. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Faizal said:

We sent the document on fedex overnight service and someone receive documents at nvc .fedex tracking give the name of person who sign and receive my document at nvc 

delivered date is 18 September 

Great. 

However the date received is not counted from the date they actually received the package from the courier. They refer to the 'received documents' date as the one when they actually enter the details into the system which is a couple of days away from when they receive the courier. 

😊Let us know how the process pans out for you 

Edited by Saanish

6 hours ago, MsKayC said:

5 days but we're still waiting on the one we had to re-upload. I called and they said the wait for that one is 3 weeks from when we re-uploaded it, September 15. As long as they don't ask you to redo anything you should get a CC very soon.

9 hours ago, Elrona said:

Let me know how it goes for you! Its nice to know I'm not only one stuck with that mess. I saw you are thinking resending? It might not help. I uploaded my updated birth certificate as an additional document and even if that gets reviewed in the 3 week timeline, I still need to wait for the supervisor to have a look at the original birth certificate I uploaded.

I just got some good news, I got a CC, now waiting for an interview. So it did take about 4 weeks total.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
9 hours ago, MsKayC said:

Took us from Sunday to Thursday. Everything was approved, but my husband's passport bio. info page needed to be rotated. So, we rotated, re-uploaded and are waiting now for a CC.

Met for the first time: 7/2015 (Italy) 

Married: 12/20/2017 (California) :luv:

I-130 petition sent to AZ lockbox: 1/29/2018

I-130 received at AZ lockbox: 1/31/2018

Text/Email update: 2/6/2018 

• Texas Service Center 

NOA1 hard copy: 2/10/2018

• Receipt Date: 2/5/2018

I-130 APPROVED: 8/1/2018

Sent to US Dept. of State: 8/6/2018

Dept. of State Received: 8/15/2018

NVC Welcome Email: 9/4/2018 (around 20:30 California time)

• Paid IV and AOS Fees: 9/4/2018

Completed and Submitted AOS Documents: 9/14/2018

Submitted everything to NVC: 9/16/2018

NVC Case Completed: 10/2/2018 

• Received approval for all AOS and IV documents BUT had to rotate and re-upload husband's passport biographic info page: 9/20/2018

Interview: 11/13/2018 (Naples, Italy)

🇺🇸 APPROVED! 🇺🇸

Immigration day: 12/13/2018

• Point Of Entry: SFO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Got a msg on ceac website 

everything was accepted except my police certificate they said for Morocco requires more than one police certificate I didn’t know that so am so upset this gonna delay my cc 

I'm a little bit confused... I received "Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation" email yesterday telling me to " log on to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV to pay fees, upload and submit documents, read messages from NVC, and check your case status.

Is this what the guide here means by "the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad"? Or will I PHYSICALLY receive a packet of forms? If I do receive a packet of forms, how do I complete this part: "An I-864 form is also included that must be filled out by the petitioner (living in the US)", since my SO is in the United States? Do we send the forms to the NVC or the Consulate abroad? Or do I, the applicant, send it to the Consulate and the petitioner sends to the NVC?

Also, for the Police Certificate, I used to study in the US from 2011-2013 and worked from 2013 to 2016. Do I need a police certificate for the US? Or do I just need it for all other countries?

Timeline
On 9/20/2018 at 6:42 AM, Muhammadarman said:

Yup spouse visa and my passport scan copy got rejected as I by mistake upload in Landscape instead of Portrait. So submitted the correct one yesterday again and all my doc except passport scan copy got approved in 3 working days. Hope got CC in coming days.

Oh sorry to hear. My docs still say submitted, no changes whatsoever yet... Hopefully next week I'll get luck. Did they send you an email after submitting docs? Or only notified you on ceac? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.