2,056 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, A&M24 said:

Hey Ali , what about your passport ?? Still with the embassy?

Hi

they called about a week  ago and asked me to hire DHL to go get my passport back from the embassy as my AP is not complete yet .. they made me pay to send it to them two and a half months ago and now they also made me pay to get back .. this is ridiculous.

but it’s ok I’ll get the visa eventually when AP is complete.

thanks for asking bro 

58 minutes ago, Basel said:

for me they called and set new appointment for 2interview to bring new medical exam new police cert and valid passport. no new affidavit of support were requested. pls if someone here has gone throw this share his or her experience of what is next and how long is the average waiting time for the visa to be issued. because after all this complication it seems like tom&Jary game 

20191007_132143.jpg

Thank you. I left my job in June. And I was my husband’s sole sponsor. That’s why I think he needs a new sponsor :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Has anyone taken medical test while pregnant? I know a guy in Turkey who got contacted about his wife's visa; but his wife is pregnant and they are planning to wait until she delivers (4-5 months from now). Has anyone done medical exam during pregnancy? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Brother-in-law had his interview back in April 16, 2019 for F2A Visa(Iranian). CEAC status still says REFUSED. Yet every email I get from Yerevan Embassy says:

A consular officer is currently reviewing your case for eligibility for a waiver of ineligibility under Presidential Proclamation 9645, and we will contact you when that review is complete or when additional information may be required.  Thank you for your patience.  For more information, please visit the following website:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/june_26_supreme_court_decision_on_presidential_proclamation9645.html

No new updates or request of documents. After his interview the officer said is documents/paper work was all in place just needs to wait for waiver.

Anyone in this situation? I Would think it would have went to AP by now.

FYI, my uncle's wife (US Citizen Marriage Visa) is being approve with Ankara Embassy as they request for her to send in her passport. Her interview date was April 18, 2019.

Edited by stopnow2009
Added Uncles wife status

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 10:53 PM, Muhammad&Mansory said:

Has anyone taken medical test while pregnant? I know a guy in Turkey who got contacted about his wife's visa; but his wife is pregnant and they are planning to wait until she delivers (4-5 months from now). Has anyone done medical exam during pregnancy? 

A neighbor of mine did, during her first trimester- she hasn't given birth yet. Neighbors friend also did so, although she was in 2nd/3rd trimester. She had a healthy child. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 10/6/2019 at 12:37 AM, missileman said:

It has always been a consideration.  This is, in no way, a travel ban......this policy enforces existing law......which protects the US taxpayer as well as the new immigrant.  There is no reason the US taxpayer should bear the burden of new immigrant's health care.

well it favors those that are well off. So much for "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.." and its ridiculous to require immigrants to obtain insurance within such a short amount of time (30 days). It takes at least half that time to just obtain the green card and social security card. 

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an update on our case. Yesterday, we submitted medical and other relevant documents to the embassy. Today got invited for fingerprints. Status on CEAC now changed from REFUSED to READY. We were informed that we can pick up the passport as soon as next week Tuesday. Case is handled by US embassy in Yerevan. Under AP for exactly 1 year and 6 months. Once embassy reached out regarding waiver, everything was rapidly processed by them.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:25 AM, umshams said:

So glad to have found this forum. I applied for my husband in April of 2016 and he got his interview in October 2017 and have been on AP since. Last update was on feb.28 2019. we are from Yemen and filing through Djibouti. Is anyone else stuck in AP for that long?

Congratulations! 

Hey, 

How long did it take you to get an NOA2? I petitioned for my husband, he’s from Yemen too. My priority date is August 23, and I received a NOA1 a couples of days after. Now I’m just waiting for NOA2. Also, did they schedule you (petitioner) an interview after the NOA2, because I have a friend who got an interview and usually the I-130 only interviews the beneficiary. I’m just curious because i want to travel back to my husband but Im worried if I travel they end up needing an interview from me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Djibouti
Timeline
19 hours ago, Rey_18 said:

Hey, 

How long did it take you to get an NOA2? I petitioned for my husband, he’s from Yemen too. My priority date is August 23, and I received a NOA1 a couples of days after. Now I’m just waiting for NOA2. Also, did they schedule you (petitioner) an interview after the NOA2, because I have a friend who got an interview and usually the I-130 only interviews the beneficiary. I’m just curious because i want to travel back to my husband but Im worried if I travel they end up needing an interview from me. 

If you go with him the day of the interview,  the chances of getting the visa for your husband would be greater.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.