2,056 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lorene21 said:

When you guys updated the ds260, how long after that the embassy contacted you? 

thank you!!!!

Depends on the embassy, for my case cairo embassy, i did update the ds260 in 1st of october, after i did they put some updates on my case but no phone call neither email, i dont know if they will schedule a second interview for me so i am still waiting 

15 minutes ago, A&M24 said:

Depends on the embassy, for my case cairo embassy, i did update the ds260 in 1st of october, after i did they put some updates on my case but no phone call neither email, i dont know if they will schedule a second interview for me so i am still waiting 

Thank you. They just answered us to go and take the oath. I emailed them. Maybe you should do the same? 

I am sorry guys for asking so many questions. A lot of ppl here are getting their visas so that’s why I ask. 
Any idea how long (in average) does it take to be asked to drop the passport off or send it over, after taking the oath? 
we already sent the medical and police clearance a month ago. 
thank you so much!! 

24 minutes ago, lorene21 said:

Thank you. They just answered us to go and take the oath. I emailed them. Maybe you should do the same? 

I am emailing them daily, no response, can you tell me which embassy?? 
And for the second question you asked, after the oath either they will ask you to leave your passport or send it through aramex, then after one or two days they will print it and send it to you 🙏🏼

20 minutes ago, A&M24 said:

I am emailing them daily, no response, can you tell me which embassy?? 
And for the second question you asked, after the oath either they will ask you to leave your passport or send it through aramex, then after one or two days they will print it and send it to you 🙏🏼

Inshallah!! We’ve waited for over a year now. Whatever it’s best for us, inshallah. 
our case is in Riyadh, Saudi. 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:24 AM, Mnj11 said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an update on our case. Yesterday, we submitted medical and other relevant documents to the embassy. Today got invited for fingerprints. Status on CEAC now changed from REFUSED to READY. We were informed that we can pick up the passport as soon as next week Tuesday. Case is handled by US embassy in Yerevan. Under AP for exactly 1 year and 6 months. Once embassy reached out regarding waiver, everything was rapidly processed by them.

Today the status on CEAC updated from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to ISSUED. So, within a matter of few days, we went from REFUSED all the way to ISSUED. Crazy when you actually think about it.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Amal93 said:

He hasn't got it yet. Embassy has had his passport for a week so far, hopefully he'll get it this week. But our initial i-130 filing was back in 8/2017. So if, Inshallah he does get it this week that'll make 2 years and 1.5 month from start to finish. 

I’m really happy for you guys. I wish you guys the best. I just hope mine goes smooth and quick as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 9/10/2019 at 2:52 AM, Muhammad&Mansory said:

So our case has received 3-4 updates the last 4 weeks (including one yesterday), in addition to changing the / into 'or' and today I see this message! 

It freaked the hell out of me this morning, until my lawyer said that it is just their stupid system that displays such a message after a certain period of time! 

If my brain gets f**ked up anytime soon, it is because of this f**king process! 

Do you guys know anyone who got such a message while being on AP for almost 15 months!!! 

358313785_ScreenShot2019-09-09at8_06_22AM.thumb.png.51ac1b706e5f0fc20921a376df36f416.png

I have exactly the same !! what happened to you after thiss?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, lorene21 said:

Yes it happened to me as well. I contacted the embassy and they asked to update the form ds-260. The case went back to administrative processing. 

already updated the DS260

3 minutes ago, mado1983 said:

They contact you soon to your interview

2nd interview? 

2 hours ago, Amr8 said:

already updated the DS260

2nd interview? 

Do they ask for 2nd interview? My wife case still under administrative process, we already sent them new medical exam and I emailed them asking how long it may take to review the case. Unfortunately no update since they received the new docs. It’s been a month. Consulate in Montreal. I am worried if they will ask for 2nd interview and let us wait more and more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.