893 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2018 at 11:14 AM, Mrsdoupe said:

I'm filing for my husband from togo. I had him get his already.  It was expensive.  So I figured we could save time and money later

Do you know the list of vaccines necessary for the beneficiary to enter the U.S. or is it based on the beneficiaries country?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
21 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Do you know the list of vaccines necessary for the beneficiary to enter the U.S. or is it based on the beneficiaries country?

Im not sure.  I went to the site to see which ones he needed

23 hours ago, Mrsdoupe said:

Im not sure.  I went to the site to see which ones he needed

Thanks so much! I know at the medical exam they will give my husband the vaccines again. At this point I'm more interested in knowing the exact vaccines because of the price.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Thanks so much! I know at the medical exam they will give my husband the vaccines again. At this point I'm more interested in knowing the exact vaccines because of the price.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

On 12/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, Shanika&Rohan said:

thank you :D

Hi all,

July 27 PD here. Nebraska service centre... seems Nebraska is the slowest of them all!!  We are lucky in that my husband is here in Australia with me and has been for the last 10 years. However, there is a slight possibility that he will be leaving in January for an employment opportunity. Then we will be apart until my Visa is approved. We plan to visit, I have done plenty of research on the visiting scenario and much of it (from petitioners from VWP countries visiting during the process) seems positive. If the job falls through we will wait until my Visa is approved. The prospect of him being employed before we make the move is enticing however.  I've read all of the posts in this thread, seems there is plenty I can be doing while waiting for approval. 

Best of luck and speedy approvals to you all :)

Hi, we are also July filers. The wait has been rough on us and our kids, but thankfully we have gotten NOA2 at least. I hope this time passes quickly for all of us and we can all be with our loved ones again. Happy holidays to all! we are IR1 Nebraska, and I've also read about some June filers being approved already, maybe they aren't as behind as we think. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mary&felipe said:

Hi, we are also July filers. The wait has been rough on us and our kids, but thankfully we have gotten NOA2 at least. I hope this time passes quickly for all of us and we can all be with our loved ones again. Happy holidays to all! we are IR1 Nebraska, and I've also read about some June filers being approved already, maybe they aren't as behind as we think. 

Wow!  142 days to NOA2! Congratulations and good luck with the NVC and consulate interview stages!  This gives me hope that the end of this long wait is in sight.

Just now, carmel34 said:

Wow!  142 days to NOA2! Congratulations and good luck with the NVC and consulate interview stages!  This gives me hope that the end of this long wait is in sight.

Thank you Carmel, we got a USCIS expedite, so it wasn't from waiting. The June one i saw wasn't an expedite one as far as I know though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, mary&felipe said:

Wow so fast!!! I just looked at your timeline and I saw you got an RFE, can you tell me what they asked for?

1 minute ago, Musicsaves said:

Wow so fast!!! I just looked at your timeline and I saw you got an RFE, can you tell me what they asked for?

Hello MusicSaves. They wanted my husbands final Divorce decree from his last marriage. The divorce certificate we sent in was not enough since it was what they call a "NICI" and not what is actually filed afterwards by the judge. People don't normally get that paper, they have to ask for it, we didn't know and lost 3 weeks of this process to that unfortunately.

Timeline
Just now, mary&felipe said:

Hello MusicSaves. They wanted my husbands final Divorce decree from his last marriage. The divorce certificate we sent in was not enough since it was what they call a "NICI" and not what is actually filed afterwards by the judge. People don't normally get that paper, they have to ask for it, we didn't know and lost 3 weeks of this process to that unfortunately.

Oh wow I'll have to check which I sent in!!!

Also, how do you get an expedite? I heard it was almost never granted!

On 12/11/2018 at 3:30 PM, Musicsaves said:

Oh wow I'll have to check which I sent in!!!

Also, how do you get an expedite? I heard it was almost never granted!

You need to fit the specific criteria that they consider for expedite on their website,  Financial/Humanitarian/military/etc I believe. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, jessicashmessica said:

We got approved! Yesssss. I can’t believe how fast Potomac is working rn. It was almost exactly 5 months. 

Wow!!!! I just passed 5 months, Texas :(

please keep us updated on the next steps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.