893 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Musicsaves said:

Does anyone have a link for recent i-130 approvals? This website is impossible to navigate!!! I'm trying to see what's happening with texas.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=3&option=1&sortby=2

set the filters right if they got reset

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We've been married for 9 months now, so I'm kind of settling into that it wouldn't be that bad if we got to the 2 year mark. Removal of conditions seems like something we could do without. Anyhow, thinking like that makes me less stressed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
36 minutes ago, amapru said:

Thank you!!! Potomac is moving super fast!!! I wonder why or how they decide which center it goes to. Vermont seems to be the slowest according to that list which I know is not exhaustive. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Musicsaves said:

Does anyone have a link for recent i-130 approvals? This website is impossible to navigate!!! I'm trying to see what's happening with texas.

Texas is approving some June petitions now, so we should be hearing soon, most likely January or February.  Hang in there, good luck with the waiting!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Texas is approving some June petitions now, so we should be hearing soon, most likely January or February.  Hang in there, good luck with the waiting!

Thank you, you as well! It is so hard waiting but my daughter and I are flying to Romania to surprise my husband on the 26th!!! I would like to side load this face to face visit as well as update my husband's employment. Is that something I do at the NVC stage does anyone know?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

Thank you, you as well! It is so hard waiting but my daughter and I are flying to Romania to surprise my husband on the 26th!!! I would like to side load this face to face visit as well as update my husband's employment. Is that something I do at the NVC stage does anyone know?

Yes, you can side-load more evidence at the NVC stage, and I plan on doing the same: three more visits since NOA1, plus two more trips together planned for early 2019, tickets purchased, hotels reserved, more financial co-mingling, a will, and hopefully our income tax return for 2018 if there's time to include it.  Some say just take the additional evidence of an ongoing marital relationship to the interview, but I have read many stories of COs who make their decision before the interview and don't even look at the additional evidence people take with them.  If your NVC stage is paper, then send it with the packet of documents, if it is electronic upload, then I have read that you can upload the additional evidence digitally, just scan everything and upload it with the rest of the documents.  I think it also depends on your circumstances, red flags, that sort of thing.  If you have any concerns, then I recommend side-loading more evidence at the NVC stage.  Our wait for the I-130 approval is almost over.  Good luck!

54 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

Thank you!!! Potomac is moving super fast!!! I wonder why or how they decide which center it goes to. Vermont seems to be the slowest according to that list which I know is not exhaustive. 

Yep. Ironically according to official uscis website Potomac is the slowest if I’m not wrong. Maybe their workload (especially for i130) is low, who knows. OR other centers are working slower, I have my doubts lol. 

as for who/what decides which center cases are sent to, what I’ve heard is mostly based on petitioner’s location, but I’m sure they have other secondary criterias in place.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, amapru said:

Yep. Ironically according to official uscis website Potomac is the slowest if I’m not wrong. Maybe their workload (especially for i130) is low, who knows. OR other centers are working slower, I have my doubts lol. 

as for who/what decides which center cases are sent to, what I’ve heard is mostly based on petitioner’s location, but I’m sure they have other secondary criterias in place.

Yup according to website it says potomac is 9.5-12 months! Hmmmm, I filed from NY

9 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Yes, you can side-load more evidence at the NVC stage, and I plan on doing the same: three more visits since NOA1, plus two more trips together planned for early 2019, tickets purchased, hotels reserved, more financial co-mingling, a will, and hopefully our income tax return for 2018 if there's time to include it.  Some say just take the additional evidence of an ongoing marital relationship to the interview, but I have read many stories of COs who make their decision before the interview and don't even look at the additional evidence people take with them.  If your NVC stage is paper, then send it with the packet of documents, if it is electronic upload, then I have read that you can upload the additional evidence digitally, just scan everything and upload it with the rest of the documents.  I think it also depends on your circumstances, red flags, that sort of thing.  If you have any concerns, then I recommend side-loading more evidence at the NVC stage.  Our wait for the I-130 approval is almost over.  Good luck!

Do you have any links to the stories where decision was made prior to interview? I would love to read those and give myself some hope. Lol thank you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Musicsaves said:

Congratulations!! Can I ask what country your spouse is coming from? On your timeline I was confused between Djibouti and Armenia

Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Timeline
11 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

We've been married for 9 months now, so I'm kind of settling into that it wouldn't be that bad if we got to the 2 year mark. Removal of conditions seems like something we could do without. Anyhow, thinking like that makes me less stressed.

Great way to look at it! I was thinking the same thing. The conditions would be removed. 

11 hours ago, Musicsaves said:

I am at Potomac July 25th and I noticed that it is super random and kind of out of order how Potomac is processing.  I see people in May/ June/ July unapproved (including myself) and then I see people in August with approvals.  Any insight on this? It's frustrating!! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, carmel34 said:

I second that. Send all updates to NVC. Do not wait until the interview. The interviewer will already make a decision before they interview the applicant. The interview is just the icing on the cake. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, KAK09004 said:

I am at Potomac July 25th and I noticed that it is super random and kind of out of order how Potomac is processing.  I see people in May/ June/ July unapproved (including myself) and then I see people in August with approvals.  Any insight on this? It's frustrating!! 

It all depends on how fast the person working on your case is. Everyone is given a stack and some are faster than others, and some applications are assembled in an way that is easier to navigate through or are less complicated cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.