2,949 posts in this topic

@aquila @Dharmaraj I am a March 2017 filer and they approved my I-360 July 25th 2018. I have no updates on I-485 I filed them all concurrently. 

32 minutes ago, umarim said:

Hi everyone,

I got my approval letter today. Uscis also sent deffered action notice with my approval letter. Does anybody know what the deffered action is? Can i travel abroad with advanced parole while i am under deferred action?

Thank you all.

Congrats!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, umarim said:

Hi everyone,

I got my approval letter today. Uscis also sent deffered action notice with my approval letter. Does anybody know what the deffered action is? Can i travel abroad with advanced parole while i am under deferred action?

Thank you all.

Deferred action it means you can't be deported from the U.S until final adjudication of your I-485.

Many members of visa Journey travelled with AP in the past and they didn't have any problem to reenter, but many things changed in the immigration Law in the past 3 weeks and I advise everyone now not  to travel abroad.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got an update today of my i360 approval I am a March 10th 2017 filer. I received the c31 ead last week and today my official approval. With Sandra’s help and guidance my case is finally approved. I am happy and thankful for all she has done. 

Hi, all

Congrats to everyone that have received approvals.  My question is; has anyone in this forum had their I-360  denied? Would you be willing to share with us the reasons? I'm Nov 2017 filer, and I know I have at least 8 more months to go before I hear anything, but I was just curious to see how many ppl have been denied and the reason for the denial, also what were the next their next steps once i-360 was denied. 

Hi Sandra

Quick recap of my case. Can you please advise.

I'm in removal proceedings, with an approved i-130. My attorney and I filed for motion to dismiss the removal proceedings but the ice attorney did not accept to dismiss the case and said I needed to appear in court. My attorney then filed the i-485 with the immigration court (on October2016). My individual hearing is set for June 2019. 

During this time I filed for i-360 (November 2017). 

My question is if they approve my i360, will I need to refile the 485 with the court or will they process the 485 that was filed in 2016 with the approved i-130?

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Deferred action it means you can't be deported from the U.S until final adjudication of your I-485.

Many members of visa Journey travelled with AP in the past and they didn't have any problem to reenter, but many things changed in the immigration Law in the past 3 weeks and I advise everyone now not  to travel abroad.

Thank you for your useful advice to us. 

Pls verify all changes in immmigration law in past 3 weeks. Thank in advance Dear.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/29/2018 at 3:03 PM, sandranj said:

You need to describe your Courtship(at least 2 pages), Explain what you both thought about the months that you were dating, what did you talk about, why did you both connect to each other?.  Mention where you used to go when dating,movies,beach park?, how often did you see him when dating? how many times per week did you talk to him over the phone, when did you say that you loved him and vice versa, when did you meet you spouse's friends and vice versa, when did you tel your family about  him? when did he talked to your family?  Tell about the proposal, how did your family and friends react to the proposal, did he give you a ring? tell about the wedding day, what clothing you both  wore in the wedding day, who came, any gifts, how you decided to pick that day, how you both knew that you were ready for this commitment, did you have any celebration or chirch wedding?. Tell if you had a honeymoon? describe your daily life, cooking,laundry, going out, having friennds over, seeing his family etc..

Describe  the  abuse with details, where,how and when happened the abuse.  what was it like at home after that violence, did things seem ok, better, same, worse?] . Did he apology after abusing you, did you believe in his apologies? Why or why not?], why you didn;t leave him when the abuse happened? Did you have any signs of his abusive behavior  while dating? Did you let him know how he was making you feel, why or why not? etc. Describe if you had joint bank account, tax return filed jointly, car and health insurance  etc.

Usually the affiants submit  7/15 pages describing courtship and abuse.

Hey @sandranj

This VAWA will be based on a self-petition as a battered/abused parent of a US Citizen who is 21 years old. 

Have you ever had a case like this? I've been trying to find any information on doing the petition.  My case will be based on Mental Abuse. 

I already saw a psychiatrist, and I started depression Medication. She refereed me to see a counselor and a friend told me of a place to go. I have to call and set up an appointment for the counselor. They are a domestic violence agency. 

Anyone who has any information? I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks! 

Hello everyone,
I'm going to send Form I-485 and I want to know what I need to do the medical tests.
Questions:
1. Do I have to send the medical examinations together with Form I-485?
2. What do I need to go to the USCIS-authorized doctor to do the medical exams?
3. Do I need a letter from USCIS requesting medical exams or can I go for the medical exams myself?
thanks for your help

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, God Bless said:

Dear 

@sandranj and everyone with experience please enlighten me 🙏

Received biometrics appointment for I-485, while I am preparing RFE for my I-360 and EAD extension hasn’t arrived after 6 months of submitting. It is normal to receive I-485 biometrics so early?? I’m so confused. 

Yes, you get the biometrics appointment early on in many cases. I  filed everything concurrently  Late November 2016, received notices and Prima Facie after about a month then mid January 2017  was time for Biometrics.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

12 hours ago, umarim said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all.

Yes, I travelled twice with my advance parole after my vawa was approved with deferred action

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.