848 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, N & A said:

What?! If I would have known I would have moved sooner, haha!

Haha yes! I was SO surprised when I got my interview notice so quickly, I was convinced I was in trouble or something! But then the interview happened, and walking out, I got a notification that my new card was being produced! I didn't have to wait long to get seen, and there didn't seem to be a lot of other couples on my floor either (it's split by borough) so maybe it really is that Queens is just the fastest moving office right now.

8 minutes ago, augustfiler18 said:

Yes! I am in LIC. I filed early August 2018 and had my interview yesterday! I am convinced the reason why mine happened so quickly is because of my Queens address... or I've just been super lucky. 

Do you remember how long it took them to acknowledge the new address?

I-129F Received: 07-19-2017

NOA1: 07-21-2017

NOA2: 01-23-2018

NVC Received: 01-29-2018 

Case # Assigned: 01-31-2018

NVC Sent Case: 02-03-2018

DS-160 Submitted: 02-05-2018

Consulate Received: 02-05-2018

VAC: 02-09-2018

Interview: 03-12-2018

Outcome: APPROVED!

POE: 03-17-2018

Married: 04-27-2018

USCIS Received I-485, I-765, I-131: 05-24-2018

Biometrics Fee Accepted: 06-08-18

NOA1 Recieved : 06-16-18

Biometrics Appt: 07-02-18

EAD being Produced: 09-28-18

7 minutes ago, augustfiler18 said:

Haha yes! I was SO surprised when I got my interview notice so quickly, I was convinced I was in trouble or something! But then the interview happened, and walking out, I got a notification that my new card was being produced! I didn't have to wait long to get seen, and there didn't seem to be a lot of other couples on my floor either (it's split by borough) so maybe it really is that Queens is just the fastest moving office right now.

Can you give us some insight to your interview? What did you bring? What did they ask? etc... inquiring minds want to know, haha!

7 minutes ago, augustfiler18 said:

Yes! I am in LIC. I filed early August 2018 and had my interview yesterday! I am convinced the reason why mine happened so quickly is because of my Queens address... or I've just been super lucky. 

4 minutes ago, N & A said:

What?! If I would have known I would have moved sooner, haha!

Sorry to disappoint, but moving from Manhattan to Queens means your applications moves... up from floor 7 to floor 9 in the Federal Plaza building (if it's even reached that location yet; might still be in Chicago waiting). :P All Manhattan, Kings, Queens, Richmond and some additional zips are processed at the plaza. If they have separate lines based on borough - maybe, who knows, but at least on the USCIS website their processing times are calculated together.

Moving out to NJ is the real deal though, they are much, much faster than they are in the city.

h

17 minutes ago, LizM said:

Sorry to disappoint, but moving from Manhattan to Queens means your applications moves... up from floor 7 to floor 9 in the Federal Plaza building (if it's even reached that location yet; might still be in Chicago waiting). :P All Manhattan, Kings, Queens, Richmond and some additional zips are processed at the plaza. If they have separate lines based on borough - maybe, who knows, but at least on the USCIS website their processing times are calculated together.

Moving out to NJ is the real deal though, they are much, much faster than they are in the city.

Way to put on damper on things Liz! haha, its ok. We've come this far, what's a few more months :rolleyes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, augustfiler18 said:

Wow that’s great. I’m in Queens too. I file in December and patiently waiting. When did you get your work permit? 

38 minutes ago, N & A said:

Can you give us some insight to your interview? What did you bring? What did they ask? etc... inquiring minds want to know, haha!

Definitely! I brought more than was needed, for sure. He asked to see our original birth certificates and marriage certificate. He also asked to see our lease, joint bank statements and utility bills. I brought updated bank statements and utility bills for the past few months. He asked to see my passport and verified with us our DOB. I was prepared to have to answer all these questions that I've seen other posters on here being asked... He asked my husband how we met, and why he wanted to marry me (loaded question, right?!) :) . He then turned to me to ask the same question! He did not ask for any additional evidence.

I got a notification that a new card was being produced on the walk to the subway! Happy to go into more detail- just PM me! 

31 minutes ago, QueensNY said:

Wow that’s great. I’m in Queens too. I file in December and patiently waiting. When did you get your work permit? 

Early January

That's good to know. We will see what happens with our case. I think it'll just delay it if anything even though I'd love they decided to finally send us an interview date. My next question is, how soon do we need to start applying for the EAD/ AP renewal? Realistically, we'd at least have an interview date before a new EAD/ AP is needed but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, N & A said:

That's good to know. We will see what happens with our case. I think it'll just delay it if anything even though I'd love they decided to finally send us an interview date. My next question is, how soon do we need to start applying for the EAD/ AP renewal? Realistically, we'd at least have an interview date before a new EAD/ AP is needed but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Any thoughts?

Recommendation is to do it 120 days before expiration date or earlier. No earlier than 180 days before, however.

My expiration date is coming up in 185 days or so, I plan to apply within the next few weeks. Also because I want to be able to show my employer the 6 month extension soon :) 

I'm just a bit obnoxious it's going to get approved just before or while we're traveling abroad in late July/early August... And that I won't be let back in on the old card. I think they should be cool about this but you never know.

h

1 hour ago, Bure said:

hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone here used their AP card to travel somewhere using an indirect flight.

How was the experience like?

Do you mean indirect flight back to the US, as in having a layover somewhere on the way? Only the US CBP will check your AP, if that's what you mean. The other places may care for visas/visa waivers + definitely passports, not your AP card

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I’m a June 2018 filer and a few weeks ago we got our interview date for March 28. We moved filed from Queens but moved to Brooklyn. About 13 days ago USCIS had a system maintenance and a few minutes later my case status changed back to “ready to be scheduled” which I found weird and a week later we got a notice saying they canceled our interview. I’ve read somewhere on here that sometimes the system glitches and we should still go to the interview date just in case.

My question is, since we moved to Brooklyn is my interview scheduling affected by that? The floor indicated on my notice is 9 which is queens but I moved to BK so maybe my move got me pushed back? I’m hoping not but if anyone has had the same

experience some insight would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.