848 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Interview in NY office yesterday (NOA Date 10 Sept 2018)

Was waiting for 2 hours before being called into the interview. It was a nerve wrecking wait as people who got there after us were being called before us.. couldn't work out their system!

The interview went very smoothly, the interviewer we got couldn't have been nicer and even made a few jokes throughout the interview. I didn't need medical exam because I did it for the K1. Interviewer also stated because we already went through the K1 she wouldn't have a lot of questions for us regarding our relationship. The only questions asked were..

What is your wife's full name?

Her profession?

Where is she from?

Her birth date?

Her fathers name?

Where does she have a checking account?

What is your husband's full name?

Where is he from?

His birth date?

His mother's name?

Where does he have a checking account?

One thing I was missing that she asked for was a letter from my job proving my employment. I had brought documentation from my job with health insurance info on it because I have listed my husband as my beneficiary. Since it had the company header on it she accepted that as sufficient evidence.

At the end she said she couldn't tell us if we were approved and that we would be put through one last background check. We went for a celebratory lunch after and within an hour my USCIS App showed card was being processed. WOHOO!! So much relief. Cant wait to have the card in my hands  🤩 

Edited by streanor

event.png

On 12/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ring of the lord said:

Thank you, what’s your timeline ?

filing date- December 2018

biometrics- Dec 31 2018

May 2019-case is ready to be scheduled for interview

November 2019-interview scheduled (took 6 months to schedule)

my interview is Jan 9th-this Thursday

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I saw there was some discussion on the medical. From my experience I would say do not get another medical unless they ask for it. Just because the NYC office is super slow, and have officers who don't know the guidelines for medicals, doesn't mean you should have to pay extra $$$ for potentially nothing. My officer mentioned my medical as a potential concern and so I assumed that's why I had to wait almost two months to get approved after my GC interview. But I don't think that was it. I followed all guidelines and they never requested a new medical. They are just backlogged. 

The situation changes if you filed AOS more than a year after your overseas medical (AOS from K1), or more than 60 days after your domestic medical (AOS from student visas, work visas) and your application was filed after November 1st, 2018, or if your DS-3025 or I-693 is incomplete. In those cases you might be required to do a new one. Up to you if you want to wait for the post-interview RFE or just do it before interview.

h

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just did my interview today and the New York Field Office. There were Barely any questions asked and the interviewer was very friendly. He asked the same yes or no questions that were on the application. The only question about our marriage was where did we meet. Since we’ve been married 2 years and 4 months he told me I would receive the 10 year card but that he couldn’t process it now since my background check didn’t clear yet. I’m not sure how true that was because 25 mins later I got a notification  that the card was being produced. I hope everyone has the same experience since this whole process can be very nerve wrecking. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 70 days since our interview and we haven't heard a single peep!

Anyone got any advice or words of wisdom? Is it worth trying harder to get a tier 2 officer on the line?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, pizzaday said:

Anyone got any advice or words of wisdom? Is it worth trying harder to get a tier 2 officer on the line?

I read through your interview experience and it seems like you must've gotten the same IO as my mom. Same date (December 2) and still waiting for some sort of change in anything but she's still stuck on "Interview has been scheduled". She's a wreck! Married and living together with her husband for almost 8 years (been together for 10) and just disheartened that nothing has happened yet. She did call and spoke to Tier 2 some time in January, and they told her she's still within the timeframe and that until and unless the IO officer makes changes on their end they wont' be able to see if there's anything that's updated. 

Hopefully something happens soon!!!! She doesn't even mind if it's another interview at this point, she just wants to see some type of update. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 1:56 PM, pizzaday said:

On 2/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, innodarkie said:

I read through your interview experience and it seems like you must've gotten the same IO as my mom. Same date (December 2) and still waiting for some sort of change in anything but she's still stuck on "Interview has been scheduled". She's a wreck! Married and living together with her husband for almost 8 years (been together for 10) and just disheartened that nothing has happened yet. She did call and spoke to Tier 2 some time in January, and they told her she's still within the timeframe and that until and unless the IO officer makes changes on their end they wont' be able to see if there's anything that's updated. 

Hopefully something happens soon!!!! She doesn't even mind if it's another interview at this point, she just wants to see some type of update. 

Hang in there! You can call, not sure how much it helps but I felt better because I knew at least I hadn't missed out on any communication from them. My Tier 2 that I called mid or end October (interview late September; got GC early November) was really nice but basically just said it needs to go through approvals even after being processed by IO. I think that some IOs are not eligible to make decisions right away, and those applications go into another pile, and then you wait... again.

h

• 4 weeks later...

We *finally* got our card delivered on Friday, so that concludes a ~550 days AOS process. Wish I knew why it took so long to complete those finals steps after the interview (112 days, versus a New York CIS VisaJourney average of 18 days), but let's call it backlogged. Leaving our full timeline here for any future filers in the same boat:

Brooklyn-filer.

Notices of Action on egov.uscis.gov [old system].
Received: Sept 21, 2018

Biometrics invitation [hard copy only]: Oct 12, 2018
Biometrics appointment: Nov 2, 2018

Ready to schedule interview: Nov 14, 2018

Interview invitation: Oct 22, 2019

Interview appointment: Dec 2, 2019

New card produced: Mar 13, 2020
Approved: Mar 17, 2020
Mailed: Mar 18, 2020
Delivered: Mar 20, 2020
Confirmation of Delivery: Mar 21, 2020

👋

Edited by pizzaday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.