Ijndchyke

K1 VISA PROCEDURES FOR NIGERIA ONLY

413 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2019 at 1:30 AM, Greenbaum said:

Why are you waiting? I have posted the P3 earlier in this thread for all to use. The link is on page 3. 

Are there any consequences If I don’t get packet 3 from the consulate before my interview? 

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

2 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

No consequences.  Here is a recent copy of packet 3.

K1 Packet 2019.pdf 236.53 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks. Was getting a bit worried as My interview is imminent and my request for the packet has not yielded any positive response. 

Wish you good luck on your interview on Monday btw. It’ll end in good news.

Edited by Dis_Guy

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dis_Guy said:

Thanks. Was getting a bit worried as My interview is imminent and my request for the packet has not yielded any positive response. 

Wish you good luck on your interview on Monday btw. It’ll end in good news.

I understand. The embassy response time can be a bit long.  You're welcome!

Thank you and wishing you the very best with your upcoming interview too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, Brklyn Belle said:

Hello,  did anyone provide screenshots of their whatsapp phone log as part of their supporting evidence? If so, did they accept a screen shot of the log similar to what i have pictured below? It does not show the amount of time we have spent on the phone but it shows that we speak daily.  

IMG_1018.jpg

I included WhatsApp call logs, I put about 4-5 from each month in a collage. I showed the date, time and mins/hours talking, if that makes sense. But I think what you have can work too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is it possible for my husband to start taking classes at a college with his Current immigration status? We will be filing for AOS this month? Sorry another question, for those whos fiancés are seeking for work to financially contribute and not be home all the time, what sort of jobs did they find/are looking for? I know before the work permit you cant get an actual job however any side gigs you guys know of?

17 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Check out this thread, someone had a similar question regarding school.  

I was tagged in this because I was the original poster of this thread. To follow up, my husband started at community college two months after his arrival (he came and we also married and applied for AOS in April 2018 and the summer semester began in June 2018). He was enrolled and attending school even before receiving his EAD card (September 2018). It was not a problem. He is about to begin his last semester next week and will graduate with his associate's degree after this semester (May 2020). Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about that process!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

I was tagged in this because I was the original poster of this thread. To follow up, my husband started at community college two months after his arrival (he came and we also married and applied for AOS in April 2018 and the summer semester began in June 2018). He was enrolled and attending school even before receiving his EAD card (September 2018). It was not a problem. He is about to begin his last semester next week and will graduate with his associate's degree after this semester (May 2020). Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about that process!

Did he still have to pay international student rates? 

On 1/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, TennilleO said:

Did he still have to pay international student rates? 

No, he did not. We paid in-state tuition, but every school could work differently.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, naturalgurl4 said:

Hello Again,

So my USIS NOC2 said that my visa approval expires 2/22/20 but the only appointments available begins 03/12/2020. Do I need to  ask for an extension? If so how do I do that? The Lagos Consult ate sent me an email on 01/09/2020 saying they received my file. 

Please help

Edited by Brklyn Belle

Timeline
9 minutes ago, naturalgurl4 said:

Hello Again,

So my USIS NOC2 said that my visa approval expires 2/22/20 but the only appointments available begins 03/12/2020. Do I need to  ask for an extension? If so how do I do that? The Lagos Consult ate sent me an email on 01/09/2020 saying they received my file. 

Please help

we had a similar circumstance.  here is what the embassy sent me when i inquired about an extension:

Thank you for your email.

The I-29F petition has a four month validity, which can be extended by a Consular officer if the beneficiary is unable to make an appointment within the validity of the petition. We advise that your fiancé should schedule and attend the earliest appointment interview appointment available on the appointment platform. During the applicant’s interview, he/she should present documents/evidence to the Consular officer to justify why the petition should be extended. The decision to extend the validity of the petition will be at the discretion of the interviewing officer. If the applicant is unprepared for this interview it is not likely the petition will be extended.

1 minute ago, Brklyn Belle said:

we had a similar circumstance.  here is what the embassy sent me when i inquired about an extension:

Thank you for your email.

The I-29F petition has a four month validity, which can be extended by a Consular officer if the beneficiary is unable to make an appointment within the validity of the petition. We advise that your fiancé should schedule and attend the earliest appointment interview appointment available on the appointment platform. During the applicant’s interview, he/she should present documents/evidence to the Consular officer to justify why the petition should be extended. The decision to extend the validity of the petition will be at the discretion of the interviewing officer. If the applicant is unprepared for this interview it is not likely the petition will be extended.

wow! so was your extended?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.