Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/11/2020 at 1:17 PM, Fumero said:

Any April, 2020 filer from Nigeria?

Another April 2020 flier from Nigeria too, patiently awaiting NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 10:06 AM, Brklyn Belle said:

Hello! For those that have completed the AOS package and had to do diploma/degree equivalency evaluation, which company did you use? 

Get your school transcript in naija and bring it along with you to usa.

I used  this company http://www.foreigncredentials.org/ and they render great service for my WAEC and Uni transcript

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello fam, If you were given an Interview letter that got cancelled due to the Lockdown or you're yet to get and interview letter and your interview was suppose to hold in Nigeria ( specifically for Cr1 and K1 ... Please join this Link ------> https://chat.whatsapp.com/HFxGKF7nnnr9v8urEvaNuc

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 8/5/2020 at 10:30 PM, Deehotstepper said:

Another April 2020 flier from Nigeria too, patiently awaiting NOA2

Hello I'm an April 2020 filer. I just came across this forum specific to Lagos K1 which is great! Unfortunately, I don't see much activity. 

We received our NOA2 on 11/22/2020 and called for our NVC case and invoice number today. The woman I spoke to at NVC told me that our petition was ready to be sent to Lagos but Lagos is not accepting K1 visa packets yet. I was shocked to hear that Lagos was not receiving K1 petitions since March due to covid-19 shutdowns! Can anyone confirm this? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jessica &Josiah E said:

Hello I'm an April 2020 filer. I just came across this forum specific to Lagos K1 which is great! Unfortunately, I don't see much activity. 

We received our NOA2 on 11/22/2020 and called for our NVC case and invoice number today. The woman I spoke to at NVC told me that our petition was ready to be sent to Lagos but Lagos is not accepting K1 visa packets yet. I was shocked to hear that Lagos was not receiving K1 petitions since March due to covid-19 shutdowns! Can anyone confirm this? 

Yes unfortunately this is true. Lagos embassy has not resume routine services and are not processing any

K-1's. So the cases are just sitting at the NVC collecting dust (not literally, just how I feel lol)  My case has been sitting there for over almost 10 months now. It is incredibly frustrating and discouraging. The wait honestly is not the worst part, it is the complete lack of updates and no information basically leaving everyone in limbo. We just have to endure this and continue being patient as we have no other choice

Timeline
6 minutes ago, S&Pro said:

Yes unfortunately this is true. Lagos embassy has not resume routine services and are not processing any

K-1's. So the cases are just sitting at the NVC collecting dust (not literally, just how I feel lol)  My case has been sitting there for over almost 10 months now. It is incredibly frustrating and discouraging. The wait honestly is not the worst part, it is the complete lack of updates and no information basically leaving everyone in limbo. We just have to endure this and continue being patient as we have no other choice

Please join us in sending a message to the new secretary of state, some of us have taken to Twitter since he is very active on Twitter to inform and ask for his assistance to ask for the resumption of fiance visa like they have resumed the spouse visa, student visa and even tourist visa. 

His Twitter account is @SecBlinken 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

Please join us in sending a message to the new secretary of state, some of us have taken to Twitter since he is very active on Twitter to inform and ask for his assistance to ask for the resumption of fiance visa like they have resumed the spouse visa, student visa and even tourist visa. 

His Twitter account is @SecBlinken 

Awesome, thank you. Anything is helpful at this point 😊

Timeline

Hey everyone! We all know that K1 visa processing has not yet resumed in Lagos as other visas have. @PatLuvO suggested we make our concerns known to the new US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken on Twitter. 

Let's get together to make our voices heard by tweeting @SecBlinken about this issue.

Use #resumek1visalagos #loveisnottourism

Screenshot_20210128-142601.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.